If Marvelous wiffed this bad on a head coach

ACor58

This front office and team is like a freaking car accident right now. I can't turn my head away because I am waiting for the next horrible development.

With the attitude and emotional status of the fans, the current personnel on our roster, and Juron's not so stellar reputation preceding him what makes Marv think this guy stands a chance. He is walking into a buzz saw.

Modrak is a solid talent evaluator and that is encouraging, but Marv has the authority to overrule. We are screwed.

This front office and team is like a freaking car accident right now. I can't turn my head away because I am waiting for the next horrible development.

With the attitude and emotional status of the fans, the current personnel on our roster, and Juron's not so stellar reputation preceding him what makes Marv think this guy stands a chance. He is walking into a buzz saw.

Modrak is a solid talent evaluator and that is encouraging, but Marv has the authority to overrule. We are screwed.

579520[/snapback]

:D:lol::ph34r:

This constant overreaction just never gets old! I'm so happy everyone understands they need to start a new thread every time they recommit themselves to hating Jauron. :D

:D  :lol:  :ph34r:

This constant overreaction just never gets old!  I'm so happy everyone understands they need to start a new thread every time they recommit themselves to hating Jauron.  :D

579522[/snapback]

Not sure where I said that I hated Juron. I think this was pointed more towards Marv and the front office.

Of course you could just ignore it and not reply. Or you could post a douchebag "I'm better than everyone on this board reply" like you just did.

What did you expect.......this team will NEVER....NEVER win a championship with this group of leadership. Levy is a fraud Hall of Famer.....Talk about someone who was given champioship talent on a platter......only to be out coached in three out of four games and out manned in the other.

Like I said what did you expect. :D

I think fans are freaking out a little too much right now. The fact is, we really don't know how things are going to turn out.

Let me tell you a little story, and I'm sure there are others just like it....

I'm an Iowa grad/fan, and a few years ago, when the venerable Hayden Fry retired, everyone expected Bobby Stoops, the former Iowa player and hot shot defensive coordinator for Florida, to come in and take over as head coach. He was the perfect fit, a match made in heaven. Well, Stoops went to Oklahoma, the AD hired Kirk Ferentz. Kirk wasn't an unknown, he had been Iowa's tight ends coach back in the '80's, but he was just an assistant on an NFL team whose only head coaching experience was with the Maine Bears. He brought in assistant coaches who no one had heard of, from places like Harvard, Vanderbilt, and Allegheny, not exactly football powerhouses. The whole state of Iowa was in an uproar, people were so angry and bitter that the AD was so cheap not to lure Stoops. Fans were ticked, and gave Ferentz such a hard time over the next few years, especially as Stoops won the National championship.

Well, over the next few years, Ferentz won the fans over, and then some. He built a program with class people, and most of his entire staff is still with him. He is one of the most highly respected coaches out there and is loved by fans and players alike.

I realize this is college, not the NFL, but it just goes to show you that WE DON'T KNOW how this will turn out. I'll ALWAYS be a Bills fan, and I'll ALWAYS have hope.

I think fans are freaking out a little too much right now.  The fact is, we really don't know how things are going to turn out. 

Let me tell you a little story, and I'm sure there are others just like it....

I'm an Iowa grad/fan, and a few years ago, when the venerable Hayden Fry retired, everyone expected Bobby Stoops, the former Iowa player and hot shot defensive coordinator for Florida, to come in and take over as head coach.  He was the perfect fit, a match made in heaven.  Well, Stoops went to Oklahoma, the AD hired Kirk Ferentz.  Kirk wasn't an unknown, he had been Iowa's tight ends coach back in the '80's, but he was just an assistant on an NFL team whose only head coaching experience was with the Maine Bears.  He brought in assistant coaches who no one had heard of, from places like Harvard, Vanderbilt, and Allegheny, not exactly football powerhouses.  The whole state of Iowa was in an uproar, people were so angry and bitter that the AD was so cheap not to lure Stoops.  Fans were ticked, and gave Ferentz such a hard time over the next few years, especially as Stoops won the National championship.

Well, over the next few years, Ferentz won the fans over, and then some.  He built a program with class people, and most of his entire staff is still with him.  He is one of the most highly respected coaches out there and is loved by fans and players alike.

I realize this is college, not the NFL, but it just goes to show you that WE DON'T KNOW how this will turn out.  I'll ALWAYS be a Bills fan, and I'll ALWAYS have hope.

579552[/snapback]

Runner, I will be the first to admit that I may be overreacting, but it is very tough to put a positive spin on these developments. And while you raise some good points, Stoops has championships and Ferentz, while a good coach, does not.

Great quote from Peter King this morning regarding the Redskins..

By signing ex-Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders, the choreographer of the league's highest-scoring offense over the last four years, owner Dan Snyder now has spent approximately $4.6 million on Saunders and defensive game-planner/play-caller Gregg Williams -- in 2006 salary alone. An outrageous sum? Not for a man whose team will rake in something like $325 million in 2006. Would you pay a small percent of your gross revenue for the men you believe are the best offensive and defensive play-callers in football? If you wouldn't, you're not trying to win at any cost.