Big Sam on the radio

plenzmd1

Big Sam was on the radio yesterday, either Fox or Sportning news, and in a nutshell this is what he said.

He bleeds Buffalo colors now, but with new coaching and management, never know what the future holds. His preferance would be to stay here but.....

Naming JP starter riled a lot of veterans. He felt, as did most teamates, that after last year they felt they had a veteran team that was poised to win this year, and that by some of the personal moves(Phat Pat), but especially JP, management and coaching staff was saying winning was not importanant this year, we are building for the future, and he said as a veteran that can impact your play. Also implied that if JP is starter next year, he would prefer to move as he believes that is another indication they would be playing for the future , and as a twelve year vet he would prefer to go to place that wants to win now.

Now my opinions. Did these guys quit even before the season started. Man , I was in shock hearing him talk. MM and Grey maybe never stood a chance with this group of cry babies.

OTOH, is JP really that in bad practice that these guys knew they had no chance?

If Marv is looking for "character" guys, after hearing big Sam talk, I question some of his ability to face adversity and give his all every play

Big Sam was on the radio yesterday, either Fox or Sportning news, and in a nutshell this is what he said.

He bleeds Buffalo colors now, but with  new coaching and management, never know what the future holds. His preferance would be to stay here but.....

Naming JP starter riled a lot of veterans. He felt, as did most teamates, that after last year they felt they had a veteran team that was poised to win this year, and that by some of the personal moves(Phat Pat), but especially JP, management and coaching staff was saying winning was not importanant this year, we are building for the future, and he said as a veteran that can impact your play. Also implied that if JP is starter next year, he would prefer to move as he believes that is another indication they would be playing for the future , and as a twelve year vet he would prefer to go to place that wants to win now.

Now my opinions. Did these guys quit even before the season started. Man , I was in shock hearing him talk. MM and Grey maybe never stood a chance with this group of cry babies.

OTOH, is JP really that  in bad practice that these guys knew they had no chance?

If Marv is looking for "character" guys, after hearing big Sam talk, I question some of his ability to face adversity and give his all every play

579451[/snapback]

So then why didn't JP's starting impact London Fletchers play???? Here's a guy who's admitting he didn't play hard last year. I think this is one of the non-character guys that Marv was talking about, goodbye fat@ss. :D

So then why didn't JP's starting impact London Fletchers play???? Here's a guy who's admitting he didn't play hard last year. I think this is one of the non-character guys that Marv was talking about, goodbye fat@ss.  :D

579488[/snapback]

Right on, Bills Brother.

Sam played when he wanted to, and followed his own drummer on the field. Despite his talent, he's not a "team" guy. Good Riddance. And take Nate Clements with you, wontcha?

Right on, Bills Brother.

Sam played when he wanted to, and followed his own drummer on the field. Despite his talent, he's not a "team" guy.  Good Riddance.  And take Nate Clements with you, wontcha?

579503[/snapback]

I agree about Adams, and would toss Moulds into the mix, but not Clements.

With the cap space that we have, imo it would be a mistake to let NC walk, unless we get a huge offer in the form of tag and trade.

The Bills have a history of drafting corners in the first round and losing them as free agents.

He bleeds Buffalo colors now, but with  new coaching and management, never know what the future holds. His preferance would be to stay here but.....

OTOH, is JP really that  in bad practice that these guys knew they had no chance?

579451[/snapback]

What he saying in the most polite way possible is that the veterans on this team weren't happy with Losman starting. Although Sam likes what they have done with management this offseason, appearently Sam still feels this way about the quarterback situation.

What he saying in the most polite way possible is that the veterans on this team weren't happy with Losman starting.  Although Sam likes what they have done with management this offseason, appearently Sam still feels this way about the quarterback situation.

579628[/snapback]

By insinuating that the veterans didn't play hard because Losman was the starting quarterback???? That's disgusting to me. Here's hoping that anyone who did this is no longer on the Bills next year, that includes Eric Moulds. The first ingredient of having success is that you have to want it.

JP should absolutely not be the starter next year. He had two years to digest Mularkey's offense and he was ineffective. I'm not judging his potential here - but it's obvious that he's not going to pick up WHOEVER'S offense as quickly as HOlcomb will. It's about maturity and experience.

If people are going to cry if they don't get to see JP next season, better buy a few cases of kleenex.

I don't think Marv is going to go thru all of this only to play the "young guy with potential" versus the veteran who can help us win immediately.

By the way, I don't like this hire.

And you watch: Mularkey and the Fins will have a top 10 offense next season, and will sweep us. It's just the sort of thing that seems to happen to the Bills.

By insinuating that the veterans didn't play hard because Losman was the starting quarterback???? That's disgusting to me. Here's hoping that anyone who did this is no longer on the Bills next year, that includes Eric Moulds. The first ingredient of having success is that you have to want it.

579688[/snapback]

I'm not suggesting the Bills give up on JP, in fact just the opposite. The other side to this is that maybe the players know something that we don't. Sam is not the first guy to go on record to say that he wanted someone else to play QB for the Bills.

What he saying in the most polite way possible is that the veterans on this team weren't happy with Losman starting.  Although Sam likes what they have done with management this offseason, appearently Sam still feels this way about the quarterback situation.

579628[/snapback]

I've always liked Sam as an on-field talent, but crybaby actions like this are why we'll never see the kind of success with a young QB that Pittsburgh had, unless things really change. If we were in the situation that they were in last year, with a kid (Roethlisberger) given the reins and the "proven" veteran journeyman down, this team would have folded like a wallet. Pittsburgh went something like 15-1.

A lack of discipline up top didn't help either. It was all quick fixes, from anointing Losman the starter instead of letting him compete (and I still think, win), to benching guys and having it backfire, to swapping QBs back and forth. That's when you lose control of a team and it spiralled downward from there.

I don't see it happening. Jauron is a player's coach -- and so was Marv, but at least his players were always hungry to prove. Our current roster is a mishmash of a few guys hungry to win, a few hungry to prove something, most hungry only for a paycheck, and a Mike Williams hungry for his fourth dinner.

So the Vets were not happy just giving a starting job to an unproven QB. Who would be, alot of them wanted to win now. When they got their way were they any better? Holcombs wins came against who? The 'fins, Jets, and Cincy. JP's wins KC and Houston (I give him the win for KC cause he was QB when they scored, I have noticed credit given to KH for this game on other sites)

Was it really the QB that made and broke this team this year?

Yes JP had 2 years to digest MM's offense but only had 8 GAMES to be on the field and use it

How long do we have to wait before Losman is ready? When his contract is up? He's been here two years already. What's considered a veteran? The average NFL career is less than 5 years. A third year player regardless of his position should be ready to contribute to the success of the team. Mularkey screwed the Bills by yanking Losman after 4 starts and then not playing him at the end of the season. Losman should have started and played all 16 games regardless of the outcome. What's the worse that could have happened? 1-15? The Bills would have had the #1 overall pick, a full year of playing experience for Losman, a new GM and a new head coach. We have two of the four anyways. I hate Mike Mularkey.

Sam Adams should be sent packing. Regardless of who starts, a NFL player should go all out, all the time. That's what they get paid millions of dollars for, win or lose. Fat Sam is definitley one of the players Marv was talking about- tremendous talent- ZERO character. The "veterans" on the team never even made the playoffs with the Bills. Maybe the veterans are a huge part of the problem.

I've always liked Sam as an on-field talent, but crybaby actions like this are why we'll never see the kind of success with a young QB that Pittsburgh had, unless things really change. If we were in the situation that they were in last year, with a kid (Roethlisberger) given the reins and the "proven" veteran journeyman down, this team would have folded like a wallet. Pittsburgh went something like 15-1.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Even top P Burg starters like A.Faneca went on record as questioning the wisdom of playing Big Ben. Veterans will always feel that way. But the difference is that Ben won them over with his play on the field, and JP did NOT. Plain and simple. Sam Adams is one of the best players on our D. I'll take him on my team any day. We sucked because of poor personnel decisions by our GM and coaches, not any lack of effort. Someone has to speak out when obviously losing decisions are being made. I don't begrudge Sam, Moulds et al on this topic. These are not "no character" players as some mistakenly believe. These are warriors who are sickened by the thought of going to battle with anything other than your best players available. Any decision made without the goal of winning your next game in mind is a losing one. The Steelers went with Ben only after Maddox was injured, and Ben didn't allow him to get back on the field. You must prove yourself with every chance you get in this league, and JP didn't do that. :D

579688[/snapback]

That is why Big Ben and the Steelers have been to two AFC Conference championships and won one......The steeler and their players (except for that

Faneca stateement when Maddox went down) and their coaches backed Ben

to the tilt.....and showed great faith and played great power running last year

and great defense....two things that our team refused to do this year with

a rookie QB...and now all these guys have the Guts to come out of their

closets and put the enitre blame on Losman's failure....

That is why Big Ben and the Steelers have been to two AFC Conference championships and won one......The steeler and their players (except for that

Faneca stateement when Maddox went down) and their coaches backed Ben

to the tilt.....and showed great faith and played great power running last year

and great defense....two things that our team refused to do this year with

a rookie QB...and now all these guys have the Guts to come out of their

closets and put the enitre blame on Losman's failure....

579850[/snapback]

Except Maddox won the job, and only with injury did Big Ben earn his chance on the field. JP never had to earn it, and played like it.

How long do we have to wait before Losman is ready? When his contract is up? He's been here two years already. What's considered a veteran? The average NFL career is less than 5 years. A third year player regardless of his position should be ready to contribute to the success of the team. Mularkey screwed the Bills by yanking Losman after 4 starts and then not playing him at the end of the season. Losman should have started and played all 16 games regardless of the outcome. What's the worse that could have happened? 1-15? The Bills would have had the #1 overall pick, a full year of playing experience for Losman,  a new GM and a new head coach. We have two of the four anyways. I hate Mike Mularkey.

Sam Adams should be sent packing. Regardless of who starts, a NFL player should go all out, all the time. That's what they get paid millions of dollars for, win or lose. Fat Sam is definitley one of the players Marv was talking about- tremendous talent- ZERO character. The "veterans" on the team never even made the playoffs with the Bills. Maybe the veterans are a huge part of the problem.

579783[/snapback]

For all the misinformed Losmans First Year was in a cast he couldnt practice until week 11 or 12 there wasnt much time in his first year for him to get the system under his belt except in his mind not his foot work. Which is the reason WHY everyone didnt understand Bledsoe being cut when the kid was only abole to practice in preseason and 2-3 games his first season. This should have been the year for JP to be Behind bledsoe all season going thru practices all season before deciding if he was the right guy. Not to mention that with a guy like Bledsoe no matter what us fans think the players think he is their best chance to win and Bledsoe should have been kept until JP flat out beat him and the palyers saw this or Bledsoe retired. However, if bledsoe was a cap cut then QBS should have been brought in and competiton for the starting position should have happened.

Even JP knew he wish he earned it instead of it being handed to him, because he knows how players are. I dont think JP is a bust. But we just might have handle another QB situation pathetically again. I do think they are going to trade him away unfotunately we are going to be watching this kid like atalanta was watching farve after trading him to GB. This kid has talent and needs a full 16 game season to determine his value. He needs a line, tes that can catch and a runing game to take the pressure off. But since Sherman wasnt hired JP is gone and amother year of mediocracy will befall us unless we get a proven QB which is unlikely from what i see and Holcomb is not the answer either. Holcomb and JP split the saeson right down the middle and Holcomb the veteran was a slight margin better the JP rookie.

Except Maddox won the job, and only with injury did Big Ben earn his chance on the field.  JP never had to earn it, and played like it.

579859[/snapback]

I guess I have to ask, what were you really expecting from someone who was basically a rookie on the field?

We have a crappy OL. Our DL sucks too. I am annoyed as hell, that these so called "vets" think it's okay to question putting a rookie QB in the game as opposed to looking at themselves in the mirror and realizing they are just as responsible for what happened on the field. JP at least had the excuse of being a rookie in terms of playing time.

I don't like the new lab head they hired in our group.  He doesn't have any industry experience, and is fresh out of his doctorate program.  I think I'll mail it in this year because I don't agree with the hire.

579930[/snapback]

OK, but to do a really good impression of Sam Adams:

Every time your "new lab head" opens his(or her) mouth, you have to blurt out the first thing that pops into your head..

This way.. if by some miracle of chance.. you guessed the correct answer to a question before it was asked.. you'll look like a pro-bowler.. err.. I mean.. a great lab worker.

JP should absolutely not be the starter next year. He had two years to digest Mularkey's offense and he was ineffective. I'm not judging his potential here - but it's obvious that he's not going to pick up WHOEVER'S offense as quickly as HOlcomb will. It's about maturity and experience.

579727[/snapback]

You'd have a point if the Bills were solid at offensive line and offensive play calling. Calling for JP's head after only eight starts is an immature stance to me. Not everybody is Ben R. or Dan Marino. Sometimes all that it takes is a little patience, some real live NFL offensive lineman and intelligent playcalling to get the ball rolling. How long did Hasselback get to prove himself? JP looked great in the Miami away game and the KC game. He looked a lot better than the "veteran" defense plenty of times during those eight starts. JP has 3 things more going for him than Kelly Holcomb, a rocket arm, quick legs and youth. The Bills would be wise to see what the kid can do with a full 16 games and a great supporting cast.

OK, but to do a really good impression of Sam Adams:

Every time your "new lab head" opens his(or her) mouth, you have to blurt out the first thing that pops into your head..

This way.. if by some miracle of chance.. you guessed the correct answer to a question before it was asked.. you'll look like a pro-bowler.. err.. I mean.. a great lab worker.

579965[/snapback]

I see you've worked in the pharmaceutical industry. :D