Did you believe

scribo

Did you believe him and his 'source'?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Did you believe him and his 'source'?

• Yes
    • No
    • I was skeptical, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt...

I land firmly in the third of three choices. I wanted so bad for SOPRANO to be right, I decided to go along with him. I certainly had doubt, but it was fun. Now I never want to hear from him again.

This whole thing shows why a poster on a message board should NEVER be given the creditability that a "real" journalist is afforded. If Leo Roth or someone similiar came out like SOPRANO did make such a firm statement that turned out to be false, he'd be fired and wouldn't be able to find another reporting job. SOPRANO gets to walk away with nothing more than a tainted username, which he can dump at any given moment.

This kind of thing has happened time and time again when we have been on the verge of major news. Whenever a poster suddenly pops up out of nowhere and with his second post claims to have an insided source and then starts making "predictions" just when there is a major decision facing the team, odds are about 95% that its BS. Probably higher. Especially when the "prediction" is of something you could get right 1/2 the time with a coin flip.

.....The minute I herd that Levy had 'great regard' for Jauron and a prior friendship(?)

I figured that all of the other interviews for the job were pretty much window dressing.

TD pissed me off with his hiring of Pittsburg rejects and Marv is going down the same road already....

579306[/snapback]

Just curious - why does everyone seem to be putting this solely on Marv, when Jauron came damnclose to getting the job last time? IIRC, TD was the GM then...

There's this, too:

When Jauron flew from Detroit to Buffalo last week for his interview, he flew with Bills owner Ralph Wilson. The two had extra time to get reacquainted, after the two knew each other from their interviews two years ago.

Ralph's private jet. Just like Bledsoe.

Without knowing all of the details, perhaps talks with Sherman brokedown over the weekend. Soprano seemed to be on point with his candidate list and he broke most of the info before the media did.

579420[/snapback]

I admit I believed him and also enjoyed the thread. But his excuse that you quote holds no water. He had made statements such as 'it is a done deal', 'will be announced in a PC 11 am Tuesday'. if it was a done deal how can talks break down ?

I admit I believed him and also enjoyed the thread. But his excuse that you quote holds no water. He had made statements such as 'it is a done deal', 'will be announced in a PC 11 am Tuesday'. if it was a done deal how can talks break down ?

579432[/snapback]

I don't know...how about trying for the reasons he gave. That would sure be a good way to ruin an agreement.

Just curious - why does everyone seem to be putting this solely on Marv, when Jauron came damnclose to getting the job last time? IIRC, TD was the GM then...

Does that make TD a little smarter then Marv since he didn't pick Jauron?

Without knowing all of the details, perhaps talks with Sherman brokedown over the weekend. Soprano seemed to be on point with his candidate list and he broke most of the info before the media did.

579420[/snapback]

I just got an email from a dude telling me I had a relative in Germany who died and left his 20 million dollar estate to me. He only needs me to send him $5,000 to process all the paper work......I think this email was meant for you.

I just got an email from a dude telling me I had a relative in Germany who died and left his 20 million dollar estate to me. He only needs me to send him $5,000 to process all the paper work......I think this email was meant for you.

580053[/snapback]

Man, when did so many douchebags start posting on this board?

Not entirely unlike the board today...

579990[/snapback]

Today?!? You silly monkey, let's not forget yesterday's "I am going to give up my season tickets, or no more NFL Sunday Ticket, etc." These effin' retards are out in full force and unfortunately it will probably be for a while too. :D

I vote for the third category but add the caveat that I think Soprano believed his "source". Perhaps it was that the joke was on him in the sense that his "source" probably buffaloed him.

580127[/snapback]

Your response, to me, sounds like you should have voted "yes," as you apparently believe there actually was a source.

I was skeptical, but now I don't believe there was ever a source.