OT: Bomb threat here at FSU today...

Ramius

got me out of class for a few hours cause they had literally half the campus taped off with police tape...so if you were on campus you werent getting off, and vice versa...a bit scary tho, some guy comes in our class and tells us to evac the building because they received the threat...so we got the hell outta dodge...after a few hours it turned out to be nothing...but they had everyone here, tons of cops, the bomb squad, along with their full bomb gear and the little bomb detecting robot...rather exhilirating, and i have never seen so much police tape in one place...but its all ok now...and i am safe back on TSW...

got me out of class for a few hours cause they had literally half the campus taped off with police tape...so if you were on campus you werent getting off, and vice versa...a bit scary tho, some guy comes in our class and tells us to evac the building because they received the threat...so we got the hell outta dodge...after a few hours it turned out to be nothing...but they had everyone here, tons of cops, the bomb squad, along with their full bomb gear and the little bomb detecting robot...rather exhilirating, and i have never seen so much police tape in one place...but its all ok now...and i am safe back on TSW...

41992[/snapback]

You're a senior, right? I think with that scare, you deserve a 4 day weekend. Take tomorrow and friday off... trust me, its for the best.

41992[/snapback]

Probably just someone who didnt study for some exam or just a wacko wanting to see what happens. Amazing in the late 70's and 80's it was very common for bomb scares and they always made the news. Wonder if now its just become so common that we never hear about them since other more serious stuff is going down or since a bomb didnt go off and spectacular journalists could run in and report from the rubble that it dont make the news?

You're a senior, right? I think with that scare, you deserve a 4 day weekend. Take tomorrow and friday off... trust me, its for the best.

41997[/snapback]

haha i'd liek to steve, but i am a 2nd yr grad peon...cant exactly take 4 days off...if i was a senior i definitely would, as i did up at clarkson a few yrs ago...also i hafta teach my freshmen chem lab, and their poor little souls would be heartbroken if i didnt show...:w00t:

haha i'd liek to steve, but i am a 2nd yr grad peon...cant exactly take 4 days off...if i was a senior i definitely would, as i did up at clarkson a few yrs ago...also i hafta teach my freshmen chem lab, and their poor little souls would be heartbroken if i didnt show...:w00t:

42041[/snapback]

Naa...I was a TA decades ago in chemistry - lab sections like you. The undergrads didn't give a rat's fanny if I didn't show up. :w00t:

Fredonia State University???? Cool, my old stomping grounds :w00t:

41992[/snapback]

if you are a chemist and live in cincy, do you work for proctor and gamble?

42204[/snapback]

Nope. Retired. I do a bit of consulting work - not much.

Organic kinetics and thermodynamics occasionally, and material corrosion of coated metals being most common.

I used to do some volunteer work in another State advising young scientists about ethics a number of years ago, but the organization's lawyers demanded that I get photographed and fingerprinted in line with today's "guilty until proven innocent" left-wing garbage so I gave that up. Sad.