We've been Dick'd over....again

wil1226

Correct me if I'm wrong.....

Sherman was 7-1 against Jauron while at Chicago. 8-1 if you count the game when Jauron was interim coach in Detroit. Even the year that Chicago went 13-3 Sherman and Green Bay beat him twice. The Bills and Gregg Williams beat Jauron and the Bears in 2002.

Why Jauron? Why?

Sherman was 7-1 against Jauron while at Chicago. 8-1 if you count the game when Jauron was interim coach in Detroit.  Even the year that Chicago went 13-3 Sherman and Green Bay beat him twice.  The Bills and Gregg Williams beat Jauron and the Bears in 2002.

Why Jauron?  Why?

578505[/snapback]

Because want`s to coach again and when DICK goes 0-3 ,Marv will get his chance <_<

Apologize to Sherman after the shiite he pulled (I believe what SOP's source said because I kind of suspected that would happen)?  He can go fark himself.  I just wish he wasn't getting $6.5M to sit home and do nothing.  Oswipe.

578551[/snapback]

That Oswipe is far more qualified then DICK.

Oh yeah.. DICK was cheap!

It had NOTHING to do with money.  Sherman pulled a dickhead move and it back-fired on him BIG time.  He won't get a HC'ing job now, but hey, at least he'll collect that $6.5M for doing nothing! <_<

578711[/snapback]

So who do you hate more now: Tom Brady or Mike Sherman?

In all his years, Ralph has really never spent for a coach (with the possible omission of Chuck Knox) - so this is no surprise. Jauron will work within the structure, not cause waves or question Marv/Ralph. Sherman has more experience than Marv as a general manager and we couldn't have that. I think the pick should have been Sherman (who would have brought better people with him), but he may have doomed his own candidacy with his demands. But hey, I thought the pick of Marv Levy (who?) was a loser in 1986 and that worked out pretty well. We'll see who his offensive coordinator ... safe to say though, that free agents will hardly be lining up to come here. I bet Cincy looks pretty good to Takeo now.

In all his years, Ralph has really never spent for a coach (with the possible omission of Chuck Knox) - so this is no surprise. Jauron will work within the structure, not cause waves or question Marv/Ralph. Sherman has more experience than Marv as a general manager and we couldn't have that. I think the pick should have been Sherman (who would have brought better people with him), but he may have doomed his own candidacy with his demands. But hey, I thought the pick of Marv Levy (who?) was a loser in 1986 and that worked out pretty well. We'll see who his offensive coordinator ... safe to say though, that free agents will hardly be lining up to come here. I bet Cincy looks pretty good to Takeo now.

578775[/snapback]

Except the money arguement doesn't apply here. Sherman was guarenteed $3.2 mil a year from GB. No matter what Ralph paid him!! Ralph could pay Sherman $1 and he would still get $3.2 mil a year!!!

PTR

Apologize to Sherman after the shiite he pulled (I believe what SOP's source said because I kind of suspected that would happen)?  He can go fark himself.

578551[/snapback]

Can you link me to what you're talking about because I guess I'm out of the loop as far as what Sherman pulled? THanks.

Can you link me to what you're talking about because I guess I'm out of the loop as far as what Sherman pulled?  THanks.

578847[/snapback]

Its garbage, another Soprano lie that he's trying to hype up as the reason his Sherman allegation didnt come true. Dont believe it, the guy got caught in his lie and he's trying to squirm out of it.

Its garbage, another Soprano lie that he's trying to hype up as the reason his Sherman allegation didnt come true.  Dont believe it, the guy got caught in his lie and he's trying to squirm out of it.

578853[/snapback]

Yeah I figured as much, but was wondering what he was saying and can't seem to find it with the search. If you could just point me to the thread I'd appreciate it.

I still believe him. When I heard Sherman was HC and GM of the Packers, I knew he'd want the same with another team and use it as a bargaining chip. Well he lost and now won't have ANY HC'ing job this year. But he'll have his $3.25M a year for the next 2 years. And I did NOT want him being GM of the Bills because that's the reason the Packers went downhill.

I still believe him.  When I heard Sherman was HC and GM of the Packers, I knew he'd want the same with another team and use it as a bargaining chip.  Well he lost and now won't have ANY HC'ing job this year.  But he'll have his $3.25M a year for the next 2 years.  And I did NOT want him being GM of the Bills because that's the reason the Packers went downhill.

578868[/snapback]

I dont see how you can believe him. Both times he offered up "real" dates, he was wrong...then he gets the coach wrong, the makes up something that cannot be verified by ANYONE. The guy was just messing with everyone...whether he was doing it as a joke or if he just wanted attention, truth is a lot of people bought into that crap.

This is not a "I told you so" post on my part, I'm just saying people have got to start to stop trusting message board rumors as fact.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=39843&st=560

Scroll about 1/4th of the way down.

578863[/snapback]

Thanks for the link man.

On the surface nothing sounds outlandish about his claims. However, since he can't seem to spell Jauron correctly I'm taking it with a grain of salt. The thing is why WOULD Mike Sherman want the Buffalo job? He's getting paid to take a year off and he can sit back and have his pick next year when the bottom of the NFL has their yearly house cleaning.

I dont see how you can believe him.  Both times he offered up "real" dates, he was wrong...then he gets the coach wrong, the makes up something that cannot be verified by ANYONE.  The guy was just messing with everyone...whether he was doing it as a joke or if he just wanted attention, truth is a lot of people bought into that crap. 

This is not a "I told you so" post on my part, I'm just saying people have got to start to stop trusting message board rumors as fact.

It wasn't a matter of trust so much as it was me believing that Sherman was the best candidate for the job, and feeling good knowing that he truly WAS who they wanted. I just don't see why the Bills would want Jauron over Sherman because as I said, his record as a head coach is lousy. And again I believe that after Sherman tasted power (i.e. GM duties), he wanted it again, even though he shouldn't have gotten it in the first place, and should get it again. That's why I believe the source, because it goes along with what I believe as well.

Sherman was 7-1 against Jauron while at Chicago. 8-1 if you count the game when Jauron was interim coach in Detroit.  Even the year that Chicago went 13-3 Sherman and Green Bay beat him twice.  The Bills and Gregg Williams beat Jauron and the Bears in 2002.

Why Jauron?  Why?

578505[/snapback]

We have to trust Marv Levy's decision. I am not happy about it. But as true Bills fans know we need to be more prepared with disapointing news. It seems that we get a lot of it.

It wasn't a matter of trust so much as it was me believing that Sherman was the best candidate for the job, and feeling good knowing that he truly WAS who they wanted.  I just don't see why the Bills would want Jauron over Sherman because as I said, his record as a head coach is lousy.  And again I believe that after Sherman tasted power (i.e. GM duties), he wanted it again, even though he shouldn't have gotten it in the first place, and should get it again.  That's why I believe the source, because it goes along with what I believe as well.

578887[/snapback]

IMO Marv & RW have been planning on hiring Jauron since Thursday. Caldwell was Jauron's pick for OC, that's why Marv & RW interviewed him. Marv requested the Caldwell interview on Thursday... Soprano's weekend fallout w/ Sherman is BS.

IMO Marv & RW have been planning on hiring Jauron since Thursday. Caldwell was Jauron's pick for OC, that's why Marv & RW interviewed him. Marv requested the Caldwell interview on Thursday... Soprano's weekend fallout w/ Sherman is BS.

The bottom line for me is that I believed that Sherman was the best candidate. Now if Ralph and Marv never wanted him and all this stuff about Sherman pulling a stunt is a lie, I'll be pissed at them (unless and until Jauron proves me wrong, which I HOPE he does). But if it was Sherman, I'll continue to be pissed with him. We might never know though, so I'll just be pissed at Sherman because as I said, I had a feeling this would happen.