As a parent you never think it could happen

Just letting you know that more prayers are coming your way from Tallahassee.

578885[/snapback]

Actually the Tallahassee prayers come from here. His come from Crawfordville.

I hope everything works out alright nick. :D

As many of you know my family is going through a rough time right now.  My wife's cousin's baby (named Mera) has cancer.  (see other thread for details because I can't type it again)  My wife and her cousin are the same age... and both have baby girls 4 months apart in age.  My wife and I look at her cousin and see our selves in so many ways.

Mera's mother was talking to my wife about what has happened to her little girl and said the following: "In the last two years, every now and then I would ask myself, 'What whould I do if something happened to Mera... something horrible.' I guess I thought that if I would let myself think about it then it would never happen." 

Mera's parents are showing great courage and an even greater faith that things will get better.

578410[/snapback]

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this tough time.

That's some terrible news Nick. Personally I'd rather see 100 threads about this little girl than the bull sh-- associated with the Jauron hiring, but you can't please everyone. As a father of a 2 1/2 year old I can't even comprehend the torture your wife's cousin and family must be going through right now. It definately gives me food for thought and desire to treasure my time with my son. Next time he does something to annoy me I'll think of this little girl and the hell she's going through and my petty annoyance won't seem as bad.

That's some terrible news Nick.  Personally I'd rather see 100 threads about this little girl than the bull sh-- associated with the Jauron hiring, but you can't please everyone.  As a father of a 2 1/2 year old I can't even comprehend the torture your wife's cousin and family must be going through right now.  It definately gives me food for thought and desire to treasure my time with my son.  Next time he does something to annoy me I'll think of this little girl and the hell she's going through and my petty annoyance won't seem as bad.

580168[/snapback]

Nick, starting new threads to post updates are easier to follow than your posting an update in one of the other threads, so when you do have additional news, please post it in a new thread.

I can't imagine the h*ll you and your family are going through right now. For whatever it is worth, in the past 5 years I have had 2 different friends told that their child had little / no chance of making it. Little children are oftentimes much stronger than people realize. The Drs were wrong in both of my friends' cases; I truly hope your Mera pulls through this.

That's some terrible news Nick.  Personally I'd rather see 100 threads about this little girl than the bull sh-- associated with the Jauron hiring, but you can't please everyone.  As a father of a 2 1/2 year old I can't even comprehend the torture your wife's cousin and family must be going through right now.  It definately gives me food for thought and desire to treasure my time with my son.  Next time he does something to annoy me I'll think of this little girl and the hell she's going through and my petty annoyance won't seem as bad.

580168[/snapback]

Exactly.

I am a parent of a healthy 3 and 7 year old... And very energetic. Our next door neighbor's daughter is 9, has CP and confined to a wheel chair. Not a day goes by that I don't think of their beautiful child when I see my kids running, playing or sledding through the snow this winter season. My kids do plenty to get me ticked from time to time. Your last line Dr. Fong really hits home.

May Mera and her family be blessed with faith, hope and God's love.

:D