Why isn't Moorman getting some blame?

VABills

Dawgg made my point.  I haven't done any statistical ressearch, but I do seem to recall that several of Moorman's punts were attempts to pin opponents inside their 20.  In a small sample, 2 games, that can certainly skew the average.  I think he had an 80 yarder in the first game.  His leg still has it.  I don't remember any shanked punts, though he did punt into a strong wind a few times.

41845[/snapback]

Again, every punter in the league has these situations. They try to pin inside the 20, shanking, extra long punts. All I am saying is Moormans production is really off from last year, resulting in about 5 yards better field average to our oppontents over last year. Obviously he is doing something wrong.

I guess you didn't here that it's Drew's fault that Moorman's numbers have gone down because he's not "inspired" by Drew.

41741[/snapback]

That bastard Drew is driving the offense into the opposing team's territory before stalling out the drives, instead of 3 and outing from his own 20 like last year. He's purposefully trying to drive Moorman's stats down because he's seen Moorman's throwing...he figures if Moorman's cut for poor punting ave, then he's not a threat to unseat him....

That bastard Drew is driving the offense into the opposing team's territory before stalling out the drives, instead of 3 and outing from his own 20 like last year.  He's purposefully trying to drive Moorman's stats down because he's seen Moorman's throwing...he figures if Moorman's cut for poor punting ave, then he's not a threat to unseat him....

41867[/snapback]

You know I never thought of that. You think maybe?

No, me neither. Moorman sucks.

Dan,

I have to agree with you on this one. There is no need to start controversy about who is going to be the starting QB. I've heard through the grapevine that Simontion actually got a audible from the side line and he was signaling Brian not to pass the ball.....can you believe that audible came directly from Bledsoe?

I tend to wonder if this rumor means he, Bledsoe, is actually running the offensive play calling as well.

Guest the moderators are losers

they just stare at messages all day posted on a message board, my what a life, and then to top it off............... you do it for free

losers

america has a thing called free speech

this message board needs no montiors, just block the swear words, and let people type

i certainly find it dis-hearting that a few people that are clearly out of touch with real world (i mean how can anyone that just stares at a computer screen all day and night be in touch with the rest of us), allows only messages they think are fit

this website has gone down hill fast

His numbers are down because he has to punt from the opposing teams 30 yard line since the O gets stuck there after penalties and sacks and that is too far to go for the team to try a field goal.

Maybe we can have Drew punt and Moorman play QB.

Again, every punter in the league has these situations. Obviously he is doing something wrong.

41857[/snapback]

Thats where you are wrong. In a span of 2 games, not every punter has faced those situations. If our offense wasn't so inept, Moorman wouldn't HAVE to punt in the opposing team's territory. Moorman is as good as ever.

Now, about that Bledsoe guy...

Maybe the preseason injury is affecting him, but he isn't even in the top half of the AFC punters right now.  Maybe he needs to go on IR and someone else brought in for now.

41717[/snapback]

I thought they had the tryouts in the first game, and Fletcher won the job?