compensation

frogger

I was just thinking, would there be any compensation for him? if he is picked up by Miami, should they owe us a pick?

In the case of Edwards, had he asked to be released from his contract and then picked up by the chiefs, would the chiefs not owe them anything?

Just a simple question.

I was just thinking, would there be any compensation for him? if he is picked up by Miami, should they owe us a pick?

In the case of Edwards, had he asked to be released from his contract and then picked up by the chiefs, would the chiefs not owe them anything?

Just a simple question.

577353[/snapback]

Mularkey broke his contract with the Bills by quitting, but the split was essentially mutual as the Bills got to keep the salary they owed him under the contract. The Bills don't own his rights because there is no longer a contract - Miami owes nothing.

I think that was part of the settlement deal between Ralph and MM.  From what's been said, it sounds like Ralph gave him an unconditional release, he could go anywhere to coach anytime, but the Bill's didn't pay him anything either.

577355[/snapback]

it is pure speculation saying the bills didnt pay him.....I doubt he walked away from a million plus a yr for 3 yrs with nothing....-There had to be a series of clauses in some contract where MM was protected.What if he didnt find a job?

True but also pure speculation that they did pay him. If the Bill's did pay him, then we would be inline for some type of compensation. I'd imagine we may have given him some small amount of money, maybe health insuance till he found another job? If the Bill's gave him anything other than "pocket change" I think we would be owed something, but I doubt we are owed.

He did get a $1 mil a year for past two years. Maybe he's better at handling money than he is a coaching, and has enough saved up to live comfortably till he found another job. Worse case, he is living in NY, home of easy food stamps!

it is pure speculation saying the bills didnt pay him.....I doubt he walked away from a million plus a yr for 3 yrs with nothing....-There had to be a series of clauses in some contract where MM was protected.What if he didnt find a job?

577361[/snapback]