The way things don't work.

Mickey

Republican Win-win formula:

1. Oppose creation of agency to regulate an industry.

2. Appoint executives of industry agency is supposed to regulate to top agency posts.

3. Cut budget of said agency.

4. Watch regulations go unenforced by said agency.

5. Wait for the lack of regulation to result in a highly publicized disaster.

6. Point out that regulations and the agency itself are clearly a waste of time since they failed to prevent the disaster.

7. Run for election on a platform claiming that government can't do anything right and cite the agency, its regulations and the disaster as an example.

8. Reinforce as much as possible the notion that if there is an agency and there are regluations and problems occur, the agency and the regulations must have caused the problems.

9. Repeat steps 2-8.

Democratic win-win formula:

1. Identify a problem.

2. Create an agency to fix said problem.

3. Take credit for fixing the problem.

4. Claim that problem is never quite fixed so agency must continue.

5. Claim that the reason problem is never quite fixed is due to a shortage of cash and/or regulations.

6. Increase budget and enact additional regulations.

7. Repeat steps 3-6.

:blink:

2. Appoint executives of industry agency is supposed to regulate to top agency posts.

3.  Cut budget of said agency.

4.  Watch regulations go unenforced by said agency.

5.  Wait for the lack of regulation to result in a highly publicized disaster.

6.  Point out that regulations and the agency itself are clearly a waste of time since they failed to prevent the disaster.

7.  Run for election on a platform claiming that government can't do anything right and cite the agency, its regulations and the disaster as an example.

8.  Reinforce as much as possible the notion that if there is an agency and there are regluations and problems occur, the agency and the regulations must have caused the problems.

9.  Repeat steps 2-8.

1. Identify a problem.

2.  Create an agency to fix said problem.

3.  Take credit for fixing the problem.

4.  Claim that problem is never quite fixed so agency must continue.

5.  Claim that the reason problem is never quite fixed is due to a shortage of cash and/or regulations. 

6.  Increase budget and enact additional regulations.

7.  Repeat steps 3-6.

:blink:

577315[/snapback]

Voters win-win formula:

1. Vote for neither the Republicans nor Democrats.

2. Repeat step 1.

If the election is Rice/Clinton, that is a GREAT idea- I'd vote Palpatine!

581132[/snapback]

If that happens, I am getting some sidewalk chalk from the kids to draw a circle around my house and then declaring the formation of the independent state of Mickeyania.

I'd love to see the legal code of such a principality.

581456[/snapback]

Our first order of business would be to establish a non-aggression pact with JoeSixPackylvania. The second order of business would be to declare tax free status for lingerie models residing within Mickeyania.

Oh, and Presidential BJ's would be required rather than grounds for impeachment.

:D

Our first order of business would be to establish a non-aggression pact with JoeSixPackylvania.  The second order of business would be to declare tax free status for lingerie models residing within Mickeyania.

Oh, and Presidential BJ's would be required rather than grounds for impeachment.

581578[/snapback]

I can live with those.

3.  Cut budget of said agency.

4.  Watch regulations go unenforced by said agency.

5.  Wait for the lack of regulation to result in a highly publicized disaster.

6.  Point out that regulations and the agency itself are clearly a waste of time since they failed to prevent the disaster.

7.  Run for election on a platform claiming that government can't do anything right and cite the agency, its regulations and the disaster as an example.

8.  Reinforce as much as possible the notion that if there is an agency and there are regluations and problems occur, the agency and the regulations must have caused the problems.

9.  Repeat steps 2-8.

1. Identify a problem.

2.  Create an agency to fix said problem.

3.  Take credit for fixing the problem.

4.  Claim that problem is never quite fixed so agency must continue.

5.  Claim that the reason problem is never quite fixed is due to a shortage of cash and/or regulations. 

6.  Increase budget and enact additional regulations.

7.  Repeat steps 3-6.

577315[/snapback]

Ironically, the Republican Party of today has more in common with Jimmy Carter and Walter Mondale than it does with Ronald Reagan. Whereas Ronald Reagan was a conservative of conscience, most Republicans today are mere conservatives of convenience. And when in power, it never seems to be convenient for Republicans to be conservative."

Our first order of business would be to establish a non-aggression pact with JoeSixPackylvania.  The second order of business would be to declare tax free status for lingerie models residing within Mickeyania.

581578[/snapback]

SixPackia, of course, would have a "free Beer Friday" law in which every citizen and tourist would have access to all the beer they might be able to consume, gratis, of course. :lol:

Hey, I could live with that. The permanent majority party? The KEG Party of course!

:doh:

581578[/snapback]

If your wife is named Lorena, you may want to re-think parading lingerie models through Mickeyania.

If that happens, I am getting some sidewalk chalk from the kids to draw a circle around my house and then declaring the formation of the independent state of Mickeyania.

581353[/snapback]

Sidewalk chalk washes off in the rain.

You must have some extra duct tape lying around.

If your wife is named Lorena, you may want to re-think parading lingerie models through Mickeyania.

581647[/snapback]

You don't understand, my wife is a lingerie model. That is the genius of the tax free rule. My wife can't object because it benefits her as well as her colleagues, her increased income helps me to live large and Mickeyania becomes the beneficiary of an unprecedented wave of lingerie model immigration.

You see, contrary to popular belief, I didn't sleep my way through all of law school.

I stayed awake for the good parts. "How to rig the game so that every possible result benefits you 101." My favorite class. :D

SixPackia, of course, would have a "free Beer Friday" law in which every citizen and tourist would have access to all the beer they might be able to consume, gratis, of course. :doh:

Hey, I could live with that. The permanent majority party? The KEG Party of course!

581605[/snapback]

You guys are amateurs. First, let's address Mickeyania:

1) As OGTEleven stated, chalk washes off in the rain. You will be re-drawing your borders too often.

2) I see no stipulation that the lingerie models need to be HOT lingerie models in order to receive tax-free status. The last thing you need is to attract Rosanne Barr-type "models" to Mickeyania.

3) Nice job with the non-agression pact with JoeSixPackylvania. He is a loose cannon and needs to be contained.

On to JoeSixPackylvania:

Free beer on Fridays? What kind of taxes are you going to need to impliment that? No thanks. I will take the lower taxes and brew it myself. We can work out a deal, however. I would be more than willing to enter into a contract to be the exclusive supplier of beer to JoeSixPackylvania in exchange for tax-free status, no goverment intervention into my business and unlimited "interns" to help with my brewery. Of course, I have complete control over the interview process for said "interns" and retain all rights to hire/fire the "interns."

Free beer on Fridays? What kind of taxes are you going to need to impliment that? No thanks. I will take the lower taxes and brew it myself. We can work out a deal, however. I would be more than willing to enter into a contract to be the exclusive supplier of beer to JoeSixPackylvania in exchange for tax-free status, no goverment intervention into my business and unlimited "interns" to help with my brewery. Of course, I have complete control over the interview process for said "interns" and retain all rights to hire/fire the "interns."

581696[/snapback]

So long as you agree to supply the citizens with unlimited low-cost beer, we have a deal.

581696[/snapback]

So long as you agree to supply the citizens with unlimited low-cost beer, we have a deal.

581856[/snapback]

Dibs on the liver transplant concession.