can we get marv on the uniform change issue?

jester43

hopefully this business with the coaching staff will be wrapped up quick so we can move on to the important stuff, LIKE PERMANENTLY CHANGING TO THE THROWBACK UNIFORMS. :devil:

seriously, is it too late to make the change for next season? i would think now would be the PERFECT time to make the change...if ralph wants us to orget about TD this is a good first step!

1) Use the white jersey numbers on the throwback blue - only in a white\red combo, Like Buffalo used before 2001. Yes, those numbers are different then the ones used on the throwbacks last year, the white away numbers are much thicker.

2) Make a throwback white jersey, red stripes on the sleeve like 1974 or blue striping like 1963-1973

3) Use the current white jersey numbers on the throwback white.

4) Make the current home jersey an alternate jersey, just get rid of the stupid fugly red stripe down the sides. Add striping like the throwbacks if you have to.

5) Red helmet, charging buffalo - only with the stripes the way they were before 2001, before the helmet was turned into a freaking rainbow.

5) Red helmet, charging buffalo - only with the stripes the way they were before 2001, before the helmet was turned into a freaking rainbow.

575698[/snapback]

Amen. Was it really necessary to add those extra stripes? It's not like their is a huge merchandising market for helmet sales....it was a completely random and utterly disgusting idea.

If it ain't broke....

1) Use the white jersey numbers on the throwback blue - only in a white\red combo,  Like Buffalo used before 2001.  Yes, those numbers are different then the ones used on the throwbacks last year, the white away numbers are much thicker.

2) Make a throwback white jersey, red stripes on the sleeve like 1974 or blue striping like 1963-1973

3) Use the current white jersey numbers on the throwback white.

4) Make the current home jersey an alternate jersey, just get rid of the stupid fugly red stripe down the sides.  Add striping like the throwbacks if you have to.

575698[/snapback]

jp-era? you getting this down?

I don't know about the true throwback helmet. That buffalo looks like it is grazing. It was something to see Cookie Gilchrist and Billy Shaw and those tough as nails old time championship Bills ripping up the field with something on their heads looking so passive, timid and bucolic. Wait a minute. Might be appropriate for this year's Bills. :devil:

seriously, is it too late to make the change for next season?  i would think now would be the PERFECT time to make the change...if ralph wants us to orget about TD this is a good first step!

575670[/snapback]

Yes, it's too late. A team has to petition the NFL to change their uniform at least a year in advance, I believe. I'm not completely sure of the timeframe, but there is a petition process and I don't think it's something that can be done within a few months.

I hate the road jerseys, myself, but as we've said....bigger fish to fry right now.

File under: much bigger fish to fry.

This should be issue # 2,219,478 on the list.

575688[/snapback]

no, it should be about #2 on the list. the old (1960s) uniforms look great. the new ones are hideous. i don't want to look at them any more. if they lose with the throwbacks, at least they'll lose in style.

Why are they even worrying about finding a new coach right now?

Changing the uniforms should be #1 on the list and should be put before fixing the lines, and hiring a new caoach, Heck it should have been put before getting rid of TD and hiring a new GM.

The uniforms are the only thing holding us back from being a contendor for the super bowl

<Sarcasim off>

They are just uniforms. its like everyone whinning about the sabres uniforms and that they should go back to blue and gold. They are oly uniforms, unless it will make the time a playoff team by changing them, they have much more important things than changing uniforms.

no, it should be about #2 on the list. the old (1960s) uniforms look great. the new ones are hideous. i don't want to look at them any more. if they lose with the throwbacks, at least they'll lose in style.

575710[/snapback]

What a great point. Assuming getting a new HC is #1 on the list, changing uniforms is more important than assembling a coaching staff, working the cap, signing FAs, scouting, draft prep and off-season workouts.

PLEASE GET ON THIS MARV!!! :devil:

What a great point.  Assuming getting a new HC is #1 on the list, changing uniforms is more important than assembling a coaching staff, working the cap, signing FAs, scouting, draft prep and off-season workouts. 

PLEASE GET ON THIS MARV!!!  :devil:

575735[/snapback]

ok let me make this CRYSTAL CLEAR for you guys since i don't think you picked up on the tone of the original post:

i know the coaches are more important than the uniforms. i just wish we could get the throwbacks made permanent cause i really like them. but whatever. sorry i brought it up now at this very tense and delicate moment in buffalo bills history.

in other news, i don't know if you noticed, but it's friday. hope that doesn't agitate you too much.

ok let me make this CRYSTAL CLEAR for you guys since i don't think you picked up on the tone of the original post:

i know the coaches are more important than the uniforms.  i just wish we could get the throwbacks made permanent cause i really like them.  but whatever.  sorry i brought it up now at this very tense and delicate moment in buffalo bills history.

in other news, i don't know if you noticed, but it's friday.  hope that doesn't agitate you too much.

575757[/snapback]

I wasn't necessarily responding to your original post, rather the one made by Captain McBride who feels the uniforms are the #2 priority. Also, my weekend is off to a great start.