Fan Criteria for Selection of Head Coach

In reading the board for many years now, I would have to say that as fans we have expressed the most grief in our recent head coaches (Williams and Mularkey) in the following areas:

(1) Poor selection of coaching staff (Williams' hiring of Mike Shepherd; Williams' hiring - and refusal to fire - Kevin Gilbride; Mularkey's taking of offensive play calling away from Tom Clements)

(2) Poor handling of personnel moves (Williams' push to sign washed up former players like Eddie Robinson, et al; Mularkey's handling of the Eric Moulds situation)

So, if those are our two biggest areas of grief, which of the candidates that have been interviewed do you perceive as not having problems in these two areas?

In reading the board for many years now, I would have to say that as fans we have expressed the most grief in our recent head coaches (Williams and Mularkey) in the following areas:

(1) Poor selection of coaching staff (Williams' hiring of Mike Shepherd; Williams' hiring - and refusal to fire - Kevin Gilbride; Mularkey's taking of offensive play calling away from Tom Clements)

(2) Poor handling of personnel moves (Williams' push to sign washed up former players like Eddie Robinson, et al; Mularkey's handling of the Eric Moulds situation)

So, if those are our two biggest areas of grief, which of the candidates that have been interviewed do you perceive as not having problems in these two areas?

575560[/snapback]

Since we are reminicing-GW couldnt handle the QB controversy between VAN PELT and RJ and his West Coast offense failed and his 46 defense wasnt that great we stripped our club of valuable payers to meet each of these two systems only to trade away for Bledsoe and again strip away the players that made Bledsoe such a good passer in his first year. But having a 4000 yard passer and an 8-8 record sealed his fate.

Mularkey had a major breakdown in his second year, personally i feel that maybe he wasnt part of the decision to let go of Bledsoe but agreed with TD that bledsoe wont carry us to the playoffs, but JP wasnt ready and NOT having an open competiton in camp lost the veterans of the team and that IMO was the failure of MM he couldnt figure out how to get the vets unboard with the QB decison, Still remebring his qoutes when Holcomb was knocked out " I was trying to figure out a way to get him back in there and it solved itself".

Once again experience head coach will need to be the key to handle the veterans the QB contraversy and instill leadership, an identy, and consistency to team that has none of the three.