still no minorities hired this year...

IowaBills

Tim Lewis, Donnie Henderson, Maurice Carthon, Ray Rhodes, Art Shell, Ron Rivera, Norm Chow.

Every single new hire has been your prototypical, status quo type coach. Sad. And I thought the NFL was making progress? How the hell does Eric Mangini get the NY Jets head job over a guy like Donnie Henderson? Mangini was a coordinator for what, 1 year? Most of the other hires are ok, but Mangini was only a coordinator for 1 year and I don't care if he was with Belichick, Belichick was running that defense, not him; McCarthy was the offensive coordinator of the second worst team in football and did nothing with Alex Smith, who looked like he got worse as the year went on, and Rod Marinelli, has never even been a coordinator! You would think that with the three top coaches in the regular season this year all being black, maybe, just maybe, these owners would think outside the box. But nope, they decided to keep their feet fully entrenched inside the box. I can only hope next years super bowl is Cincinatti vs. Chicago.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Lewis, Donnie Henderson, Maurice Carthon, Ray Rhodes, Art Shell, Ron Rivera, Norm Chow.

Every single new hire has been your prototypical, status quo type coach.  Sad.  And I thought the NFL was making progress?  How the hell does Eric Mangini get the NY Jets head job over a guy like Donnie Henderson?  Mangini was a coordinator for what, 1 year?   Most of the other hires are ok, but Mangini was only a coordinator for 1 year and I don't care if he was with Belichick, Belichick was running that defense, not him; McCarthy was the offensive coordinator of the second worst team in football and did nothing with Alex Smith, who looked like he got worse as the year went on, and Rod Marinelli, has never even been a coordinator!  You would think that with the three top coaches in the regular season this year all being black, maybe, just maybe, these owners would think outside the box.  But nope, they decided to keep their feet fully entrenched inside the box.  I can only hope next years super bowl is Cincinatti vs. Chicago.

575270[/snapback]

Marvin Lewis

Tony Dungy

Lovie Smith

Denny Green

Romeo Crennel

Herman Edwards

There are now black coaches running close to 20% of the NFL teams. Nah....no progress in this area...but good shot at being "outraged."

Art Shell.....ROTFL.

How can they realistically compete with candidates like Jauron and Capers?

Capers had an 18-46 record in four years in Houston, but he never won more than seven games in a season. He was fired after posting a league-worst 2-14 mark this season.

Remember this is a MERIT system and taking these candidates under the Rooney rule goes against MERIT that gives guys like Jauron and Capers the opportunities they so richly deserve? :(

Every single new hire has been your prototypical, status quo type coach.  Sad.  And I thought the NFL was making progress?  How the hell does Eric Mangini get the NY Jets head job over a guy like Donnie Henderson?  Mangini was a coordinator for what, 1 year?  Most of the other hires are ok, but Mangini was only a coordinator for 1 year and I don't care if he was with Belichick, Belichick was running that defense, not him; McCarthy was the offensive coordinator of the second worst team in football and did nothing with Alex Smith, who looked like he got worse as the year went on, and Rod Marinelli, has never even been a coordinator!  You would think that with the three top coaches in the regular season this year all being black, maybe, just maybe, these owners would think outside the box.  But nope, they decided to keep their feet fully entrenched inside the box.  I can only hope next years super bowl is Cincinatti vs. Chicago.

575270[/snapback]

Out of those coaches, only Henderson or Rivera are decent candidates, and I don't think that any team (besides maybe the Packers) didn't take who they thought was the best man for the job.

The Packers were asleep when they decided on a coach I think.

How can they realistically compete with candidates like Jauron and Capers?

Capers had an 18-46 record in four years in Houston, but he never won more than seven games in a season. He was fired after posting a league-worst 2-14 mark this season.

Remember this is a MERIT system and taking these candidates under the Rooney rule goes against MERIT that gives guys like Jauron and Capers the opportunities they so richly deserve? :(

575281[/snapback]

Oh right, the fact that they might be not only a better interview, but also have prior experience has nothing to do with that fact. Its all because they aren't white. :w00t:

Marvin Lewis

Tony Dungy

Lovie Smith

Denny Green

Romeo Crennel

Herman Edwards

Nah....no progress in this area...but good shot at being "outraged."

Art Shell.....ROTFL.

575277[/snapback]

Reading is fundamental. I said new hires my friend, new hires. So right now, 6 of the 32 head coaches in the NFL are black, and half of them made the playoffs. That leaves 24 current head coaches as white. Hmmm....not all that equal as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not even the type of person who says that the majority of the head coaches should be black. All I'm saying is these guys who are highly qualified and well thought of in their organizations don't even have a real chance at a head job. And Art Shell makes you laugh? Let's see, 56% career winning percentage, made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years, all while working for that maniac known as Al Davis. Yeah he's a real stiff. And he hasn't even gotten an interview since he left the Raiders. Meanwhile the Dick Jaurons and Dom Capers of the world can fail miserably and still know they can get a job the next day. Real fair right?

Reading is fundamental.  I said new hires my friend, new hires.  So right now, 6 of the 32 head coaches in the NFL are black, and half of them made the playoffs.    That leaves 24 current head coaches as white.  Hmmm....not all that equal as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not even the type of person who says that the majority of the head coaches should be black.  All I'm saying is these guys who are highly qualified and well thought of in their organizations don't even have a real chance at a head job.  And Art Shell makes you laugh?  Let's see, 56% career winning percentage, made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years, all while working for that maniac known as Al Davis.  Yeah he's a real stiff.  And he hasn't even gotten an interview since he left the Raiders.  Meanwhile the Dick Jaurons and Dom Capers of the world can fail miserably and still know they can get a job the next day.  Real fair right?

575290[/snapback]

I'm sure that the only reason why this is happening is race.

Rhodes is still under doctors care and his DC role is reduced.

Lewis...did you see the Carolina game? Other than Osi and Strahan the Giants D was bad.

Henderson?.... hasn't been available that long.

Chow...one year in Tenn and he's ready?

Shell?.... Come on?

Carthon....Worth a shot or at least an interview.

Rivera?.... Back it up next season and I'll rethink him

Mangini?... Better the Jets than the Bills. I think his hiring is just the revival of the NYJ/NE pissing match over Parcells and Belichick...nothing more.

I'm sure that the only reason why this is happening is race.

575296[/snapback]

Please, explain to me why it's happening then, if it isn't that the majority of these owners aren't comfortable with presenting a minority as the public face of the franchise? How long did it take Marvin Lewis to get a job? How about Tony Dungy? Seriously you seem to have a great grasp on the situation, so enlighten me.

Oh right, the fact that they might be not only a better interview, but also have prior experience has nothing to do with that fact.  Its all because they aren't white.  :(

575283[/snapback]

Yeah...I think the neat interview thing might have something to do with being white (and apparently OLD these days in Buffalo). Gregg W might have taught them a little something about falling in love in an interview.

Yes they had head coaching experienced. They sucked at it.

Reading is fundamental.  I said new hires my friend, new hires.  So right now, 6 of the 32 head coaches in the NFL are black, and half of them made the playoffs.    That leaves 24 current head coaches as white.  Hmmm....not all that equal as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not even the type of person who says that the majority of the head coaches should be black.  All I'm saying is these guys who are highly qualified and well thought of in their organizations don't even have a real chance at a head job.  And Art Shell makes you laugh?  Let's see, 56% career winning percentage, made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years, all while working for that maniac known as Al Davis.  Yeah he's a real stiff.  And he hasn't even gotten an interview since he left the Raiders.  Meanwhile the Dick Jaurons and Dom Capers of the world can fail miserably and still know they can get a job the next day.  Real fair right?

575290[/snapback]

NEW HIRES? Herman Edwards doesnt count?

Keep trying.

Every single new hire has been your prototypical, status quo type coach.  Sad.  And I thought the NFL was making progress?  How the hell does Eric Mangini get the NY Jets head job over a guy like Donnie Henderson?  Mangini was a coordinator for what, 1 year?  Most of the other hires are ok, but Mangini was only a coordinator for 1 year and I don't care if he was with Belichick, Belichick was running that defense, not him; McCarthy was the offensive coordinator of the second worst team in football and did nothing with Alex Smith, who looked like he got worse as the year went on, and Rod Marinelli, has never even been a coordinator!  You would think that with the three top coaches in the regular season this year all being black, maybe, just maybe, these owners would think outside the box.  But nope, they decided to keep their feet fully entrenched inside the box.  I can only hope next years super bowl is Cincinatti vs. Chicago.

575270[/snapback]

You should work for the media, love to start s##t

Please, explain to me why it's happening then, if it isn't that the majority of these owners aren't comfortable with presenting a minority as the public face of the franchise?  How long did it take Marvin Lewis to get a job?  How about Tony Dungy?  Seriously you seem to have a great grasp on the situation, so enlighten me.

575302[/snapback]

So far, youve pulled up issues from three years gao (Lewis/Dungy) and TEN years ago (Shell) to make a point about the state of hiring in 2006.

How about bringing up something from TODAY to make your point?

Whats next, youre going to bring up Leon Seals to point out the poor state of the Bills' interior line?

He switched teams dummy, that doesn't count as a new minority head coach.  He was already a head coach, now he's a head coach for a different team.

575315[/snapback]

But Art Shell would qualify as a "new hire". Youre amazing.

And BTW...in order to "switch teams", hes got to be HIRED by the new team!

So in your mind, to satisfy you the NFL coaching roster has to be comprised of at least 50% black coaches who at the time of hire, had no previous head coaching experience.

Wheres the punchline? Theres GOT to be one.

So far, youve pulled up issues from three years gao (Lewis/Dungy) and TEN years ago (Shell) to make a point about the state of hiring in 2006.

How about bringing up something from TODAY to make your point?

Whats next, youre going to bring up Leon Seals to point out the poor state of the Bills' interior line?

575314[/snapback]

Wow, because things are SOOO different in 2006 compared to 2003. Please you seem to be a really smart guy, so explain to me what a guy like Maurice Carthon has to do to get a job? Donnie Henderson didn't just become available you know. He could have been interviewing for many jobs even before Mangina fired him. But he wasn't.

But Art Shell would qualify as a "new hire". Youre amazing.

So in your mind, to satisfy you the NFL coaching roster has to be comprised of at least 50% black coaches who at the time of hire, had no previous head coaching experience.

Wheres the punchline? Theres GOT to be one.

575318[/snapback]

Okay I'm done with you as you obviously can't read. Refer to a post above where I say that I'm not one of the people who thinks that the majority of head coaches should be black.

OOoooo This must mean the nfl is racist.

or it means that none of those guys are as attractive to head an organization as some other guys, who just so happen to be white.

talking about this crap keeps the spirit of racism alive.

When guys like ray rhodes are referred to as men instead of black men, or candidates instead of minority candidates, THEN we'll know that we've arrived, and progress has been made.

In other words, Gimme a fuggin break.

Wow, because things are SOOO different in 2006 compared to 2003.  Please you seem to be a really smart guy, so explain to me what a guy like Maurice Carthon has to do to get a job?  Donnie Henderson didn't just become available you know.  He could have been interviewing for many jobs even before Mangina fired him.  But he wasn't.

575319[/snapback]

Henderson got canned YESTERDAY. Carthon got FOUR interviews, in this, his first year attepting to get a job. How many WHITE coaches have to get multiple interviews to get jobs?

Okay I'm done with you as you obviously can't read.  Refer to a post above where I say that I'm not one of the people who thinks that the majority of head coaches should be black.

575321[/snapback]

You dont think the majority should be, but when I point out that its up to 20%, you say its not enough. So 20% is not enough and it doesnt have to be over 50%.

So give us a number.

Maybe 45.4535434332%