So Polian Talks Marv Into

Mark VI

Just because Polian hired him in 1995 for expansion Carolina.

" Give him an interview, Marv. That way I don't seem dumb for giving him the HC job in 1995, even though it's clear that he's in over his head as a HC . "

Capers had everything set up perfectly in Houston and blew it. Playcalling was terrible and they folded quickly in most games. They are not without talent and I'm willing to bet Kubiak has them playing far better immediately. Capers is a DC and should be happy to get a job doing that.

Sometimes I despise the NFL Old Boys Club. :(

Just because Polian hired him in 1995 for expansion Carolina.

" Give him an interview, Marv. That way I don't seem dumb for giving him the HC job in 1995, even though it's clear that he's in over his head as a HC . "

Capers had everything set up perfectly in Houston and blew it. Playcalling was terrible and they folded quickly in most games. They are not without talent and I'm willing to bet Kubiak has them playing far better immediately. Capers is a DC and should be happy to get a job doing that. 

Sometimes I despise the NFL Old Boys Club.  :(

575068[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth. This is the only interview the Bills have scheduled that makes absolutely no sense to me, unless it was to feel him out for a DC position.

Man, I keep reading blurbs here and there about how Sherman "blew them away" with his interview. I really hope Ralph wasn't just blowing smoke up all of our asses when he said money would not be an issue.

how Sherman "blew them away" with his interview. 

575072[/snapback]

Maybe this is actually a negative and the News got it wrong

Wilson - " I'm offering this box of old silver and these shoe boxes of S&H green stamps....wait, you want HOW MUCH ??? " :(

The man's got YEARS of coaching experience, hes available and heas had some success.

Now why would the Bilsl want to interview someone like THAT?? :(

Hes not my favorite either, but sheesh...give it a rest. The Bilsl are going above and beyond to make sure all their bases are covered and they make a good decision. They are being very careful and covering all their bases.

Guys....thats a GOOD thing.

Capers was interviewed to avoid the impression that Lofton was a "token minority interview." It was done out of respect for Lofton, and out of the fear of getting fined/criticized by the NFL.

In other words, the Bills already made up there mind, but they'd better act fast - Al Davis has been known to swoop in and steal away a prized hire...

No source, but I'm right.

The man's got YEARS of coaching experience, hes available and heas had some success.

Now why would the Bilsl want to interview someone like THAT??  :(

Hes not my favorite either, but sheesh...give it a rest. The Bilsl are going above and beyond to make sure all their bases are covered and they make a good decision. They are being very careful and covering all their bases.

Guys....thats a GOOD thing.

575091[/snapback]

He had one winning season, ten years ago. That's a long-ass drought. Sounds more like he had a favorable second-year schedule and some good luck.

Capers was interviewed to avoid the impression that Lofton was a "token minority interview."  It was done out of respect for Lofton, and out of the fear of getting fined/criticized by the NFL.

In other words, the Bills already made up there mind, but they'd better act fast - Al Davis has been known to swoop in and steal away a prized hire...

575095[/snapback]

no good coach in his right mind will coach in Oakland, especially just fired ones who are still getting paid.

Capers was interviewed to avoid the impression that Lofton was a "token minority interview."  It was done out of respect for Lofton, and out of the fear of getting fined/criticized by the NFL.

575095[/snapback]

that was my first impression as well.

If they named Sherman coach while Lofton was still driving to the airport on his way out of town, it wouldn't look right.

575095[/snapback]

:( Isn't Capers white?

575095[/snapback]

:(ARE YOU SURE YOUR RIGHT????? :w00t:

no good coach in his right mind will coach in Oakland, especially just fired ones who are still getting paid.

575102[/snapback]

Gruden took the job and did pretty good. Shanahan, who is a pretty good coach, took his first job there. Tom Flores did pretty good. John Madden did pretty good. There are only 32 of these most prized jobs in the league. These guys will go to the place that offers them the job, unless they are so very good that 2-3 teams are fighting over them. And the number of those coaches around is approximately zero.