From Scott Linehan to Meathead???

I was tremendously happy to see Miami lose Scott Linehan as their OC. He was/is considered a rising star in the coaching ranks. Before the Vikings let him go, they were in the top 5-7 in offense for several years. (For you fantasy players, don't downgrade the St. Louis pass offense players even though Mike Martz is gone.) Clearly, Miami's offense was starting to improve late in the year, and Chris Chambers was really taking on the Randy Moss role in the Miami offense. They were onto something big with Linehan as OC. Thank Christ he left Miami.

To go from Linehan to Meathead is a tremendous downgrade. As Bills fans, I think we should pray for this. Please Saban, hire that clown! We'll know to play pure pass if they ever fall behind us by more than 3. Remember that the year MM left Pittsburgh, they ranked 21st in offense. Cowher said they needed to get back to Steeler football by running it, after MM left. That comment, to me, was a serious indictment of MM. I hated his hiring here. You knew the cutesie offense, that didn't really work, was coming here.

Please Miami, hire that guy. I'm sure that'd fire up our team evern more when playing Miami if Meathead is there.

I am sorry but this is largely crap. I promise you if you were a Miami fan you'd be bitching about Linehan putting the ball in the hands of Gus Forrotte vs. Atlanta in the redzone when Ronnie Brown was running so well. You'd also rip him for calling 2 fade patterns in a row inside the 10 vs. NE with a chance to win that game.

But yeah, it's always fun to think our ex-coaches are Rich Kotite and our rivals ex-coaches were Lombardi.

I promise you if you were a Miami fan you'd be bitching about Linehan putting the ball in the hands of Gus Forrotte vs. Atlanta in the redzone when Ronnie Brown was running so well.  You'd also rip him for calling 2 fade patterns in a row inside the 10 vs. NE with a chance to win that game.

But yeah, it's always fun to think our ex-coaches are Rich Kotite and our rivals ex-coaches were Lombardi.

There's a big Dolphins fan in my office, and he was actually pretty upset to see Linehan leave and is worried about who they might bring in.

He's also hoping Buffalo hires Juron, and not Sherman.... For what that's worth.

CW

I am sorry but this is largely crap.  I promise you if you were a Miami fan you'd be bitching about Linehan putting the ball in the hands of Gus Forrotte vs. Atlanta in the redzone when Ronnie Brown was running so well.  You'd also rip him for calling 2 fade patterns in a row inside the 10 vs. NE with a chance to win that game.

574955[/snapback]

You sir, don't have a clue. Linehan was one of the highest regarded offensive coordinators out there, including his Minnesota days. Minnesota did not want to lose him, and Miami did not want to either. They paid him handsomely to get him from Minnesota. It's also noteworthy that Miami ran off a several game winning streak at the end of the season, when Chris Chambers was having his best stretch of games in his career.

Culpepper's first season without Moss, coincidentally was without Linehan, and the experts are divided as to who was really the bigger loss in Culpepper's meltdown.

With MM, the bad play calling you mentioned in your post, would be the norm. Do you really believe that Miami fans are going to like going from Linehan to Meathead? You are only fooling yourself, if you believe that. I'm sure they remember their big comeback, aided by his play calling, a short while ago. MM is for all intents and purposes, Rich Kotite. I'm begging for him to get the Miami job.

You sir, don't have a clue. Linehan was one of the highest regarded offensive coordinators out there, including his Minnesota days. Minnesota did not want to lose him, and Miami did not want to either. They paid him handsomely to get him from Minnesota. It's also noteworthy that Miami ran off a several game winning streak at the end of the season, when Chris Chambers was having his best stretch of games in his career.

Who cares about a WR's stats?

Why is barely avoiding a sweep of the Bills & Jets at home or beating the Pats' 3rd string noteworthy?

Culpepper's first season without Moss, coincidentally was without Linehan, and the experts are divided as to who was really the bigger loss in Culpepper's meltdown.

Which 'experts' would these be -- Joe Theismann? Yawn. I read a personnel director in SI say that Linnehan's offense in Minnesota really didn't make sense and most of the success was because of Culpepper.

I know you're going to point to Culpepper's bad stretch of 5 games and say that's proof that Linnehan is good, but of course that's ridiculous given the small sample size -- we'll see how the Vikings do next year -- I bet Dante is fine.

Oh and remember the Randy Moss fake reverse pass that was picked off in the endzone with the game on the line last year -- guess who called that play which was ripped to death by many of the same 'experts'?

I really don't care if Miami fans agree with me or not. I hope they're right and I'm wrong.

The fact is the 'bad playcalling that is commonplace w/ Mularkey' is something you THINK is more commonplace with him than everybody else because you never watched the Vikings or Dolphins play every week.

I really don't care if Miami fans agree with me or not.  I hope they're right and I'm wrong.

Nice backpedal - you promised me that Miami fans wouldn't mind losing LIn, you're called out on it, and now you don't care anymore? :(

The fact is the 'bad playcalling that is commonplace w/ Mularkey' is something you THINK is more commonplace with him than everybody else because you never watched the Vikings or Dolphins play every week.

I *definately* agree with this, and have pointed it out several times myself. The big one was the play action pass near the goalline that was intercepted this year. LOTS of coaches make calls like that.

CW

Nice backpedal - you promised me that Miami fans wouldn't mind losing LIn,

No. Read much?

you're called out on it, and now you don't care anymore? :lol:

575372[/snapback]

I must've missed this "calling out" - please elaborate.

The quote function works better when you don't revise the part of a person's post you intentionally deleted :devil:

I *definately* agree with this, and have pointed it out several times myself. The big one was the play action pass near the goalline that was intercepted this year. LOTS of coaches make calls like that.

Hey cheers - a non semantical nonsense and/or Bledsoe post....what happened to Fez?

No.  Read much?

I must've missed this "calling out" - please elaborate.

The quote function works better when you don't revise the part of a person's post you intentionally deleted  :doh:

Hey cheers - a non semantical nonsense and/or Bledsoe post....what happened to Fez?

575420[/snapback]

:devil::lol:

I forgot, this is TSW, we don't discuss football here. My mistake, I'll get off of the rollercoaster.

BuffOrange, obviously you're the only one around that doen't think Meathead is a big step backwards from Linehan. . . So, hey, I've got some nice beach front property in Nebraska I'd like to sell you. . .

575611[/snapback]

whoa whoa whoa,

let the other posters bid on that!

i've heard how hot and thin (and ethnicaly diverse) nebraska girls are, and i want to sit on that beach and stare!

BuffOrange, obviously you're the only one around that doen't think Meathead is a big step backwards from Linehan. . . So, hey, I've got some nice beach front property in Nebraska I'd like to sell you. . .

575611[/snapback]

I don't get it:

Why am I gullible? What did I ever buy?

See Kelly Fair and Balanced Dog's thread.

Also, remind me how much worse Miami's offense is a year from now.

ummmm.....

Didn't Kordell Stewart make the Pro Bowl while MM was calling plays?

I'll admit I'm unhappy about losing Linehan, more because of the time and energy spent on learning the offense last year for the Fins. A new OC means new terminology and probably an entirely new scheme.

If MM does become the new OC for the Fins....I don't think the Fin offense will suffer too much.....some coaches are better suited to focus on just one side of the ball. Gregg Williams comes to mind, not a great head coach but a great DC in my opinion. I know Gregg still had a good defense while Head Coach, but better suited concentrating on one side of the ball.

I also believe Nick Saban knew Linehan might be a short term hire....he knew if Linehan showed any success without Moss and Culpepper he'd be sought after.

I say bring Mularkey back to South Florida...(he's from S. Florida right?) besides, I love trick plays.

If Nick Saban says so.......I'm drinking the kool-aid!

:devil::lol:

I forgot, this is TSW, we don't discuss football here.  My mistake, I'll get off of the rollercoaster.

575429[/snapback]

Please exit to your left and remember you can stop by the gift shop for your souvenir photo :lol::doh:;)

ummmm.....

Didn't Kordell Stewart make the Pro Bowl while MM was calling plays?

I'll admit I'm unhappy about losing Linehan, more because of the time and energy spent on learning the offense last year for the Fins. A  new OC means new terminology and probably an entirely new scheme.

If MM does become the new OC for the Fins....I don't think the Fin offense will suffer too much.....some coaches are better suited to focus on just one side of the ball.  Gregg Williams comes to mind, not a great head coach but a great DC in my opinion.  I know Gregg still had a good defense while Head Coach, but better suited concentrating on one side of the ball.

I also believe Nick Saban knew Linehan might be a short term hire....he knew if Linehan showed any success without Moss and Culpepper he be sought after.

I say bring Mularkey back to South Florida...(he's from S. Florida right?)  besides, I love trick plays.

If Nick Saban says so.......I'm drinking the kool-aid!

575833[/snapback]

Please GOD make it so. MM as the OC in Miami oh I look forward to two games a year. This clown was run out of Pitt and now Buffalo I think his ability as OC are highly overrated.

Also on pro bowl talent is always not the deciding factor remember Rueban was all pro for ever.

Please GOD make it so.    MM as the OC in Miami oh I look forward to two games a year.  This clown was run out of Pitt and now Buffalo I think his ability as OC are highly overrated.

Also on pro bowl talent is always not the deciding factor remember Rueban was all pro for ever.

575840[/snapback]

I remember a similiar post from someone last season around this time saying.....please, oh please let the Fins get Saban, everyone knows college coaches can't coach in the NFL.... :devil:

I remember a similiar post from someone last season around this time saying.....please, oh please let the Fins get Saban, everyone knows college coaches can't coach in the NFL.... :devil:

575842[/snapback]

Not me I think Saban was a great choice and even though he isnt Lous son it would have been great having Saban coach the Bills