Quotes from Pats fans

gantrules

on Bledsoe

I thought this would tie in nicely with stevestojan's post

-------------------------------------------------------------

I remember this one vividly, September 11th, 2000 -- late in the game, a first down or FG would ice things, 3rd and a few yards and Bledsoe on a bootleg decides NOT to throw the ball away and instead takes a big sack, pushing the Pats out of FG range, and allowing the Jets to win that game. That was the last straw for me. I wanted Bledsoe gone ASAP after that one. Anyone remember the Thanksgiving game in 2000? Oh man, if that didn't show someone what Bledsoe was all about...I was literally on the floor laughing after Bledsoe got picked off in the red zone and proceeded to literally fall on his face running after the Lion streaming down the sideline to the endzone.

In 01 the Pats' O-line was supposed to be poor again, but I guess they magically got better when Brady took the reins. There is no doubt that a bad QB can make a weak O-line appear much worse than it actually is.

-----

He was a class player in this organization for many years and for every bad Bledsoe decision I am sure there were a few good ones as well.

----

Bledsoe was/is a very good QB and does indeed play his heart out. HOWEVER, he just doesn't have "it". Whatever "it" is. I don't care what anyone says. He just can't get the job done when it counts. Am I bashing him outright? NO. Do I like Bledsoe? YES. Would I ever want him back, even as a backup? NO...

----------

Drew did play his hardest - anyone getting his paycheck would, wouldn't they. Yet whenever the offseason came around Bledsoe decided to put in the minimum requirement regarding attendance and participation. Brady on the other hand continually gets recognized as the offseason's hardest working Patriot. I believe Drew had a lot of potential but he himself bought into the hype that he was the 2nd coming of God and took it for granted. He never worked to get better.

----------

Though I find Bledsoe mediocre as far as QB's are concerned, I do find him a class act in the sport who gives his all. His shortcomings are not a result of lack of effort, but more so a lack of talent in regards to pocket poise, speed, and agility.

----------

I'll tell you, however, that the worm started to turn December 1997 in Foxboro against the Steelers. If the Pats win that game it would have put them at 10-5 with a near lock to go 11-5 the next week (vs. Miami, a game they did win), get a first round bye and host a 2nd round game. They played a great game, huge plays all over the place (remember Meggett's miracle catch and spinning, tackle breaking scamper down the right sideline?). The Pats had the game W-O-N late with possession of the ball with about 2-3 min to go when Drew threw that horrible interception in the left flat (to a DE who had dropped back into zone blitz coverage). The Steelers scored the tying TD, won the OT coin toss and drove down for the winning score right away.

Drew ripped my heart out that night. It was as if he was a Red Sox.

-------------

Man, I swear I've heard all this before.