Capers to interview 1/20

Dan III

I don't mind them interviewing 6 to 8 candidates.

I don't think Capers has a shot but he is a solid Defensive coach and if this gets him excited about Buffalo and the chance to work with TKO, Fletch, Milloy, Schobel, McGee, Vincent...can't be all bad...same with Henderson since he is now unemployed.

I think Haslett's sins of the past--especially implying Hull used roids--killed any chance he had to coach the Bills...

I don't mind them interviewing 6 to 8 candidates.

I don't think Capers has a shot but he is a solid Defensive coach and if this gets him excited about Buffalo and the chance to work with TKO, Fletch, Milloy, Schobel, McGee, Vincent...can't be all bad...same with Henderson since he is now unemployed.

I think Haslett's sins of the past--especially implying Hull used roids--killed any chance he had to coach the Bills...

574423[/snapback]

Agreed..there could be some other motives.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2298511

Indications are that, after the Capers interview, the Bills will deliberate over the men with whom they have met, and perhaps reach a decision by the weekend. Buffalo is one of just three teams remaining without a head coach.

574407[/snapback]

i'm all for interviewing a lot of candidates, but giving one to another robotic retread with no discernible personality is a joke. you think 36-49 is bad; how about 49-81 and coming off a 2-14 season in which they were supposed to be competitive?

But a source close to the Bills' search said that Sherman, who took the Packers to four playoff appearances in six seasons, had a Wednesday interview in which he "knocked the socks off" Buffalo officials.

If Lenny P. says so.

Meanwhile, Capers selling point is " you'll be drafting #1 in 2007. No number #8 in my resume ! " :o

i'm all for interviewing a lot of candidates, but giving one to another robotic retread with no discernible personality is a joke. you think 36-49 is bad; how about 49-81 and coming off a 2-14 season in which they were supposed to be competitive?

574437[/snapback]

I agree wholeheartedly Dave..but there really is no competition now...the Raiders are going to do something strange, that is a given. The Rams are going with Linehan..we are last up..take advantage of that position..add a day to the process and get a couple more good unemployed coaches who can fill position or coordinator roles excited about the organizations.

I posted this a couple of days ago about Capers--I am not a fan...but now there is no competition--no reason not to bring him in...

+----------+--------------+----------+

| 1995 car | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |

| 1996 car | 12 4 0 | 1 1 |

| 1997 car | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |

| 1998 car | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |

| 2002 hou | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |

| 2003 hou | 5 11 0 | 0 0 |

| 2004 hou | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |

| 2005 hou | 2 14 0 | 0 0 |

| TOTALS | 48 80 0 | 1 1 |

Above is his record..

He had..

1) Supportive ownership in both expansion franchises

2) The most favorable college draft, expansion draft and free agency set up for an expansion franchise in NFL history

3) He had attractive cities to attract free agents including one with no state income tax..

4) He had one winning and one playoff season in 8 years...he keeps living off of bringing the Panthers to the brink of the Super Bowl his second year..but he has proven that a 6 or 7 win season is his average...

No thanks....he is the epitome of the Peter Principle--good DC, but 8 years as a head coach and his teams deteriorate the longer he stays...

No Thanks...not even an interview...

But a source close to the Bills' search said that Sherman, who took the Packers to four playoff appearances in six seasons, had a Wednesday interview in which he "knocked the socks off" Buffalo officials.

If Lenny P. says so.

Meanwhile, Capers selling point is " you'll be drafting #1 in 2007. No number #8 in my resume ! "  :o

574443[/snapback]

In my book Lenny P has some credit so I like to hear this. If is was Clayton reporting this, it would guarantee Jauron would be the man.

Capers?!?!

This is gross.

574510[/snapback]

Indeed. I've got no complaint with Sherman, and I happen to think that Jauron could do an awfully good job the second time around, and I even would be intrigued to see what Lofton could do (though that could just as easily turn out as a disaster as a success) -- but Capers leaves me cold. Might as well revive the korpse of Kotite.

I agree wholeheartedly Dave..but there really is no competition now...the Raiders are going to do something strange, that is a given.  The Rams are going with Linehan..we are last up..take advantage of that position..add a day to the process and get a couple more good unemployed coaches who can fill position or coordinator roles excited about the organizations.

I posted this a couple of days ago about Capers--I am not a fan...but now there is no competition--no reason not to bring him in...

| 1995 car | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |

| 1996 car | 12 4 0 | 1 1 |

| 1997 car | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |

| 1998 car | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |

| 2002 hou | 4 12 0 | 0 0 |

| 2003 hou | 5 11 0 | 0 0 |

| 2004 hou | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |

| 2005 hou | 2 14 0 | 0 0 |

| TOTALS | 48 80 0 | 1 1 |

Above is his record..

He had..

1) Supportive ownership in both expansion franchises

2) The most favorable college draft, expansion draft and free agency set up for an expansion franchise in NFL history

3) He had attractive cities to attract free agents including one with no state income tax..

4) He had one winning and one playoff season in 8 years...he keeps living off of bringing the Panthers to the brink of the Super Bowl his second year..but he has proven that a 6 or 7 win season is his average...

No thanks....he is the epitome of the Peter Principle--good DC, but 8 years as a head coach and his teams deteriorate the longer he stays...

No Thanks...not even an interview...

574471[/snapback]

he is a good defensive coordinator.

you bring up excellent points about the situations he's been in.

i am confident that they'd never hire him -- ticket sales would plummet and the angry mob would be gathering their pitchforks. maybe by interviewing him they're trying to give him the warm fuzzies so that he'll agree to be defensive coordinator.