Clayton on ESPNRadio

Rubes

Just heard Gazoo on the radio suggest that Dom Capers was probably coming in later this week to interview, and that they are still "trying to work out" something with Haslett.

FWIW.

Edit: What the hell am I doing listening to this crap? I thought I swore off it.

Just heard Gazoo on the radio suggest that Dom Capers was probably coming in later this week to interview, and that they are still "trying to work out" something with Haslett.

FWIW.

Edit: What the hell am I doing listening to this crap? I thought I swore off it.

573348[/snapback]

After all the reports yesterday, from various ESPN sources, that Jim Haslett was out of the running, as he was going to accept the Lions job, today, they are saying that Marinelli is close to an agreement with the Lions, as head coach....none of these guys really has a clue...they are just guessing, like we all do....

"insiders"=DF

After all the reports yesterday, from various ESPN sources, that Jim Haslett was out of the running, as he was going to accept the Lions job, today, they are saying that Marinelli is close to an agreement with the Lions, as head coach....none of these guys really has a clue...they are just guessing, like we all do....

"insiders"=DF

573361[/snapback]

Except they are getting paid to repeat this crap.....

"insiders"=DF

573361[/snapback]

As they say, throw enough crap against a wall and eventually something will stick. Seems to describe the media's reporting on the HC situation perfectly. Toss out enough names and eventually one of the them will be right.

FWIW.

573348[/snapback]

Unreal. Anyone else catch SC last night when he said Haslet was front runner for Lions job, was going back for another interview, and it was a 2 man race in Buffalo w/ Jauron and Sherman? Does this guy have split personalities or something??

Bear in mind that the sports media at this time of the year gets used as a weather ballon. A lot of times, teams float that they're interested in Coach A so Coach B might make a deal sooner (see: for less money) just so he can be assured of having the job.

Question: do any of the coaching candidates even buy the rumors anymore?

"insiders"=DF

573361[/snapback]

Ding. Ding. We have a winner. You that is you and not Clayton.

They get some info, but for the most part when you here Owners or GM's confirm they have a guy coming in for an interview then they are in the running.

After Levy and Ralph interview someone next guess who "was a pleasant surprise and potential dark house but I still think Sherman will get it or Jauron if they want go with a defensive-mided guy. They are still trying to work something out to bring in Haslett too..."

See. I am an expert now as well.

"insiders"=DF

573361[/snapback]

If you look closer, I think that you will find that Mort is pretty often reliable and that Clayton isn't even worth listening to ever.

JDG

Hey Rubes--did Opus find what he is looking for yet???? Your caption could read--here to help Marv and Ralph find their inner selves and maybe even a qualified coach..

Two of lifes greatest tragedies for me...when Berkeley Breathed retired from doing the strip and then when he came back--its went downhill...

Hey Rubes--did Opus find what he is looking for yet????  Your caption could read--here to help Marv and Ralph find their inner selves and maybe even a qualified coach..

Two of lifes greatest tragedies for me...when Berkeley Breathed retired from doing the strip and then when he came back--its went downhill...

573531[/snapback]

We'll find out eventually...

I was a big Bloom County fan, but like most strippers Breathed burned out and he needed some time off. Unfortunately, he could never recapture his old humor.

Personally, I was probably a little more bummed when Watterson gave up Calvin & Hobbes. That guy was a master, and he hadn't really jumped the shark when he retired.