Wendy's fraud perps sentenced to prison

KD in CA

Seems a bit harsh to me.  Decades of incarceration?  Not sure that fits the crime.  Convicted murderers sometimes get less time.  Looks to be they are being made an example of.  Don't mess with Wendys.

573048[/snapback]

This pair has a long history of pulling such stuff. Wendy's claimed the bad publicity cost them many, many millions. That's less time for employees, less money for their suppliers and their employees, less money for stockholders and those retirees who have some money in Wendy's stock and so forth.

These crumbs hurt a lot of people.

Among fast food outfits, Wendy's long has set the standard for cleanliness and having cheerful, competent employees. They put that into question.

This filthy duo deserves what their hateful action has visited upon them.

This pair has a long history of pulling such stuff.  Wendy's claimed the bad publicity cost them many, many millions. That's less time for employees, less money for their suppliers and their employees, less money for stockholders and those retirees who have some money in Wendy's stock and so forth.

These crumbs hurt a lot of people.

Among fast food outfits, Wendy's long has set the standard for cleanliness and having cheerful, competent employees. They put that into question.

This filthy duo deserves what their hateful action has visited upon them.

573064[/snapback]

I know, I know. But Justice is tricky. I'm thinking FIVE years. Unlike many, I guess, I knew it was a fraud from the start. I didn't stop eating their chili. (though maybe picked through it a bit more slowly for a while). Remember, no employee of Wendys was missing a single digit, anywhere in the company. Long term, I doubt Wendys suffered much from the bad press. Now. Don't get me started on the press and how they blew the thing up, way up. What is their punishment?

I know, I know.  But Justice is tricky.  I'm thinking FIVE years.  Unlike many, I guess, I knew it was a fraud from the start.  I didn't stop eating their chili.  (though maybe picked through it a bit more slowly for a while).  Remember, no employee of Wendys was missing a single digit, anywhere in the company.  Long term, I doubt Wendys suffered much from the bad press.  Now.  Don't get me started on the press and how they blew the thing up, way up.  What is their punishment?

573124[/snapback]

i say the punishment should have been the couple each losing 2 fingers on each hand

that'll show em

Long term, I doubt Wendys suffered much from the bad press.

573124[/snapback]

What is your doubt based on? They suffered a 10% decline in stock valuation over a month after the bogus accusation was made. And like all businesses, consumer confidence matters - especially so in theirs, and those punks whacked them.

If you are implying that those bums were little and Wendy's is big and so slack should be given, is that not unequal justice under law?

explain to me how a child molester who committed his crime over a four year period starting when his victim was six gets sixty DAYS.

573761[/snapback]

don't get me started. <_<

these people should suffer the worst punishment imaginable.

Fair sentence.  Now, someone explain to me how a child molester who committed his crime over a four year period starting when his victim was six gets sixty DAYS.

573761[/snapback]

the only positive thing about a child molestor going to jail for whatever period is that most likely he'll be the B word and get his ass kicked and raped in prison every day. in Canada that doesn't happen since they put all the sex offenders in the same place to "protect" them.

Fair sentence.  Now, someone explain to me how a child molester who committed his crime over a four year period starting when his victim was six gets sixty DAYS.

573761[/snapback]

Simple. The judge said he didn't believe in "punishment" anymore. Makes perfect sense. :o

I'll drink to their well deserved jail time tonight- I'd love to see jail time for all people who try to follow these get rich quick schemes. The woman who sued McDonalds over the coffee, and for getting fat should be held in contempt for wasting the court's time.

Work for your money, dont be lazy and stupid, and look for handouts with frivolous lawsuits.

If this sentence is any indication of what is to come... Let 'em have it.

I can't wait to see what people like Ken Lay get? If these people seemly harmed a company and it's stock by say 10% or so... The people who destroyed the hard work, dreams of thousands and the company (Enron... What % would that be :lol: ) should get the book too?

Oh wait... That is different.

Back to your regular scheduled bowl of chilli...

:D:D

I know, I know.  But Justice is tricky.  I'm thinking FIVE years.  Unlike many, I guess, I knew it was a fraud from the start.  I didn't stop eating their chili.  (though maybe picked through it a bit more slowly for a while).  Remember, no employee of Wendys was missing a single digit, anywhere in the company.  Long term, I doubt Wendys suffered much from the bad press.  Now.  Don't get me started on the press and how they blew the thing up, way up.  What is their punishment?

573124[/snapback]

Yeah, extortion...no biggie. Just let them off with a warning. :D