Is this a possible scenerio?

nuklz2594

Could this be our starting o-line in the near distant future?

Center-Preston

Guards-Geisinger, Villarial, M. Williams (if not released)

Tackles-Peters, Gandy

Who is going to want to play behind this line right away? We may have to deal with this o-line for a season to see what happens, unless we can get a free agent to give us immediate results. The NY Giants did this to Eli in his first season.

Your thoughts?

If the new regime (whenever it gets completed) allows that embarrassment to be our starting O-line for 06, then it will painfully clear how little this franchise will accomplish during their tenure.

I honestly do not think it is possible that our management would not make at least one serious upgrade on the o-line.

Could this be our starting o-line in the near distant future?

Center-Preston

Guards-Geisinger, Villarial, M. Williams (if not released)

Tackles-Peters, Gandy

Who is going to want to play behind this line right away?  We may have to deal with this o-line for a season to see what happens, unless we can get a free agent to give us immediate results.  The NY Giants did this to Eli in his first season. 

Your thoughts?

572789[/snapback]

I am not sure about Gandy's contract, but you have to think if there is a way out without paying a huge chunk of cash he's gone. Mike Williams is toast, and Villarial could be too.

I am not sure about Gandy's contract, but you have to think if there is a way out without paying a huge chunk of cash he's gone.  Mike Williams is toast, and Villarial could be too.

572816[/snapback]

Actually I think unless we get D'Brick, Gandy's job is quite safe. He wasn't all that impressive last year, but he was servicable. IMO, it is a very good possibility that both starting tackles (Gandy + Peters) will be back as starters. The interior of the line will entirely change, however.

If the new regime (whenever it gets completed) allows that embarrassment to be our starting O-line for 06, then it will painfully clear how little this franchise will accomplish during their tenure.

I honestly do not think it is possible that our management would not make at least one serious upgrade on the o-line.

572800[/snapback]

I can't believe we won't get at least two serious upgrades. A minimum of one in the draft and one in free agency. I refuse to believe we would go into next season with the o-line as you describe.