For anyone interested

Beerball

Yeah, I don't really pretend to know anything about it.  I think it's funny how most people rip Mel Kiper when they wouldn't have heard of most of these players if it weren't for guys like him; and they're basically just reciting his opinion most of the time anyway and passing it off as their own.  I bet there aren't a half dozen people here who have seen him play more than once.

572556[/snapback]

:doh:

Well, a few more than a half a dozen. There really are some very intelligent football folks that post here. They have taught me a lot.

I heard that D'Brickashaw Ferguson may have some significant motivation problems just like those of Mike Williams.  I don't have any attribution or source or anything.... I just, um, heard. 

(Come on, work with me folks! We need to start some sort of rumor to get him to drop a few positions...)  :doh:

572336[/snapback]

Maybe a bad rumor or two about A.J. Hawk which wouldn't hurt the run defense nor the pass rush. Picture Hawk with Spikes and Fletcher.

I'm working with you!

I can't see a more immediate need than at DT and OL. We shouldn't even consider DE in this draft.

572598[/snapback]

See, I think this is ridiculous.

For one thing, our OL sucks across the board and reaching for 1 OLman in the 1st round who isn't as good of an overall player isn't going to yield the most value, nor will it make us a better football team, short or long term.

Secondly, our DE's suck. I know our DT's aren't good either but damnit I want an impact gamebreaker who can get to the QB so we don't have to blitz on every play (you can piss & moan about Gray if you want to but when we rush 4 the opposing QB has 15 seconds to throw). I have noticed teams blocking Kelsay with their TE, which allows our DT's to get doubled. I've heard Merril Hodge point out how we've been pounded on the edges with the run with our undersized ends as well, and he actually watches tape.

Maybe a bad rumor or two about A.J. Hawk which wouldn't hurt the run defense nor the pass rush.  Picture Hawk with Spikes and Fletcher.

I'm working with you!

572612[/snapback]

I'm very much against the so-called "best available athlete" draft philosophy, with three positional exceptions: Linebacker, Safety, and Center.

I'm very much against the so-called "best available athlete" draft philosophy, with three positional exceptions: Linebacker, Safety, and Center.

572625[/snapback]

Really - I think the best athlete works just about everywhere except QB if you have a good one....