25. Claude Wroten DT SR LSU 23

26. Marcus McNeill OT SR Auburn 32

27. Brodrick Bunkley DT SR Florida State 30

28. Thomas Howard OLB SR UTEP 21

29. LenDale White RB JR USC 27

30. Kelly Jennings DC SR Miami-FL 28

31. Elvis Dumervil DE SR Louisville 29

32. Leonard Pope TE JR Georgia NR

Of their top 10, seven players are not a critical need position for the Bills. Surprised to see Hali as low as he is here. I believe Kiper has him at 7 or 8, a significant difference of opinion. Also, Ngata has fallen to 19 here.

Of their top 10, seven players are not a critical need position for the Bills.  Surprised to see Hali as low as he is here.  I believe Kiper has him at 7 or 8, a significant difference of opinion.  Also, Ngata has fallen to 19 here.

572170[/snapback]

Yes - finally a site that has Ngata where he should be. I am so tired of him being over valued because he is the best DT available. You should never reach with a top 10 pick...see choosing Mike Williams or Roy Williams or Ed reed or Dwight Freeny....

Yes - finally a site that has Ngata where he should be.  I am so tired of him being over valued because he is the best DT available.  You should never reach with a top 10 pick...see choosing Mike Williams or Roy Williams or Ed reed or Dwight Freeny....

572200[/snapback]

Excuse me, but hasn't Roy Williams played VERY well for the Pukes?

I've never heard a bad word about him.

I had thought Ngata would be available for a while after the eighth pick when I suggested trading down. The gaggle of Defensive Tackles and Marcus Neil OT and others (including Leonard Pope as TE) at the bottom of that pool make trading down a real option.

On the other hand there will probably be a whole new reassessment after the combine.

Only 1 O-Lineman in the top 25! damn...were not getting an OLineman with #8...Brick aint Fallin'

From ESPN's website...

Scouts Inc.'s Top 32

Player Class Pos. School

1. Reggie Bush Jr. RB USC

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson Sr. OT Virginia

3. Matt Leinart Sr. QB USC

4. Vince Young Jr. QB Texas

5. Mario Williams Jr. DE N.C. State

6. A.J. Hawk Sr. OLB Ohio State

7. Jimmy Williams Sr. DC Virginia Tech

8. Mathias Kiwanuka Sr. DE B.C.

9. Tamba Hali Sr. DE Penn St.

10. Demeco Ryans Sr. OLB Alabama

11. Vernon Davis Jr. TE Maryland

12. DeAngelo Williams Sr. RB Memphis

13. Chad Greenway Sr. OLB Iowa

14. Jay Cutler Sr. QB Vanderbilt

15. Marcus McNeill Sr. OT Auburn

16. Michael Huff Sr. DB Texas

17. Brodrick Bunkley Sr. DT Florida St.

18. Santonio Holmes Jr. WR Ohio St.

19. Haloti Ngata Jr. DT Oregon

20. Leonard Pope Jr. TE Georgia

21. LenDale White Jr. RB USC

22. Darryl Tapp Sr. DE Virginia Tech

23. Laurence Maroney Jr. RB Minnesota

24. Derek Hagan Sr. WR Arizona St.

25. Max Jean-Gilles Sr. OG Georgia

26. Gaines Adams Jr. DE Clemson

27. Sinorice Moss Sr. WR Miami-Fla.

28. Mercedes Lewis Sr. TE UCLA

29. Chad Jackson Jr. WR Florida

30. Ashton Youboty Jr. DC Ohio St.

31. Orien Harris Sr. DT Miami-Fla.

32. Dee Webb Jr. DC Florida

Of their top 10, seven players are not a critical need position for the Bills.  Surprised to see Hali as low as he is here.  I believe Kiper has him at 7 or 8, a significant difference of opinion.  Also, Ngata has fallen to 19 here.

572170[/snapback]

if this is to be believed, then the bills should think about trading down or moving up to land the elite player (ferguson). i would probably risk moving up.

Yes - finally a site that has Ngata where he should be.  I am so tired of him being over valued because he is the best DT available.  You should never reach with a top 10 pick...see choosing Mike Williams or Roy Williams or Ed reed or Dwight Freeny....

572200[/snapback]

Which Roy Williams? Which Mike Williams? I assume you mean the Bills' Mike, who sucks. The WR, jury is still out.

The safety Roy Williams has been great for the 'Boys, Dwight Freeney has been a steal for the Colts, and Ed Reed may very well be the best defensive player in the NFL (certainly the best safety). I don't know how you could call them stretches by any means.

I heard that D'Brickashaw Ferguson may have some significant motivation problems just like those of Mike Williams. I don't have any attribution or source or anything.... I just, um, heard.

(Come on, work with me folks! We need to start some sort of rumor to get him to drop a few positions...) :blink:

I had thought Ngata would be available for a while after the eighth pick when I suggested trading down.  The gaggle of Defensive Tackles and Marcus Neil OT and others (including Leonard Pope as TE) at the bottom of that pool make trading down a real option.

On the other hand there will probably be a whole new reassessment after the combine.

572219[/snapback]

I agree about the combine. For example, I believe LenDale White will become a top 10 pick after the combine. As far as our pick, I would much rather trade down and take someone like Ngata or Kiwanuka if he drops, and get an extra second rounder. (I'd love to get Eric Winston from Miami. I'm surprised he's dropped out of 1st round rankings) This is a very talented draft and it would be great to have another pick.

I've never seen Mario Williams play, but numerous posters with knowledge much more astute than mine hold a very good opinion of him.

572520[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't really pretend to know anything about it. I think it's funny how most people rip Mel Kiper when they wouldn't have heard of most of these players if it weren't for guys like him; and they're basically just reciting his opinion most of the time anyway and passing it off as their own. I bet there aren't a half dozen people here who have seen him play more than once.

Is that the same site that had Mike Williams top 5 the year we picked him???

Oh yeah it is.

lol its a crap shoot no one has a clue.

There will be some 6th round OL that turns out to be the best in the draft and everyone on this board will see what is wrong with the bills they should have picked this guy. They had blah blah chances at it.

The difference between this and any other, is that this is not a draft.......this is the best players ranked

the draft does not go by the best players but by the teams needs.......however, if you are the bills........the best available player is the one you pick and you forget about needs....... :doh: