Mike Sherman spotted at Buffalo Airport

Five years, to be exact. Hired by TD early on; he was a scout with the Browns before that...

571972[/snapback]

What happened? He went from being a scout with the Browns to being a meet and greet driver for the Bills? Sounds like Donahoe screwed him too. :blink:

Gotta love Sherman! He moves at a steady even keel and confident pace,,,,like he already knows his way around Buffalo Niagara Int'l Airport. It will be nice to have a head coach around here that is already secure and confident in himself since he's already been an NFL head coach for years.

from WGRZ.com:

Meantime, former Green Bay Packers Coach and General Manager Mike Sherman was seen at Buffalo-Niagara International Airport Tuesday night, and a source tells Ch2 he will interview with Bills owner and Bills general manager Marv Levy on Wednesday.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=34569

The video link in the right-hand box.

PTR

571934[/snapback]

Is this like a big shock or something considering that he was supposed to interview today? What's he supposed to do, arrive 15 minutes prior to his interview?

Is this like a big shock or something considering that he was supposed to interview today?  What's he supposed to do, arrive 15 minutes prior to his interview?

572085[/snapback]

Yes...laughing loudly and stinking of Royal Crown, after being at Dannys for a couple hours.

That would make ME like him even more ! :blink:

Great personnel guy. Been working on the inside of the Bills for years.

571964[/snapback]

Actually, having spoken with several former Bills one-on-one (guys who have retired but are still very much involved with the Bills), Guy is not very well respected for the job he's done. May or may not be a great guy, I don't know, I didn't ask... but from what I've heard straight from the horses' mouths, he's barely competent for the position.

Another guy these former players don't care much for - Roll, the strength and conditioning guy. One former Bill told me he "doesn't know the first thing about fitness."

Another guy these former players don't care much for - Roll, the strength and conditioning guy.  One former Bill told me he "doesn't know the first thing about fitness."

572276[/snapback]

Thanks for the insights Ghosts. This team as a whole was poorly conditioned last year. That's inexcusable for a pro athlete in an anaerobically and aerobically demanding sport. One of the Bills' huge competitive advantages in the past was that they were better conditioned, less apt to be injured, less apt to wilt late in a game...it was sad.

Thanks for the insights Ghosts. This team as a whole was poorly conditioned last year. That's inexcusable for a pro athlete in an anaerobically and aerobically demanding sport. One of the Bills' huge competitive advantages in the past was that they were better conditioned, less apt to be injured, less apt to wilt late in a game...it was sad.

572362[/snapback]

THIS is the guy we need to get as Strength and Conditioning coach.

Chris Doyle-Iowa Hawkeyes

In related news....

We have video evidence of the podium leaving the Buffalo airport on its way to interview for an open position at Little Rock Community College.

Little Rock has lost 45 straight games through this year. The Podium was quoted as saying "I was tired of the losing in Buffalo and wanted a fresh start with a team on the way up"

Little Rock recently interviewed Mike Mularkey for their open Beer Vendor position.

i didnt really want sherman at 1st,but after reading about his defensive coordinator jim bates i like the idea of sherman.....what i really like is if sherman does good say in 3-4 years sherman can be the gm when levy dosnt want to do it anymore and then maybe bates gets the head coaching job.

i didnt really want sherman at 1st,but after reading about his defensive coordinator jim bates i like the idea of sherman.....what i really like is if sherman does good say in 3-4 years sherman can be the gm when levy dosnt want to do it anymore and then maybe bates gets the head coaching job.

572606[/snapback]

Sounds like an ideal situation to me. Except that Bates would be gone before then.

Actually, having spoken with several former Bills one-on-one (guys who have retired but are still very much involved with the Bills), Guy is not very well respected for the job he's done. May or may not be a great guy, I don't know, I didn't ask... but from what I've heard straight from the horses' mouths, he's barely competent for the position.

*cough*cough*

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=38886&hl=