Rivera or Grimm?

CosmicBills

I have been a bit out of the loop the past two days. I know it seems like Juaron and Sherman are the two favorites. But has there been any rumors of Grimm or Rivera interviewing for the HC job? Or are they rumored to be heading elsewhere?

Of the coordinators out there, they would be the ones I would be most interested in having in Buffalo.

I have been a bit out of the loop the past two days. I know it seems like Juaron and Sherman are the two favorites. But has there been any rumors of Grimm or Rivera interviewing for the HC job? Or are they rumored to be heading elsewhere?

Of the coordinators out there, they would be the ones I would be most interested in having in Buffalo.

571922[/snapback]

Not to be racist, but Rivera has been rumored, but that could be because of the NFLs minority rule. It's is almost likely to be Jauron (puke) or Sherman.

Not to be racist, but Rivera has been rumored, but that could be because of the NFLs minority rule.  It's is almost likely to be Jauron (puke) or Sherman.

571924[/snapback]

Damn.

I know nothing about picking coaches, but Sherman nor Jauron excite me. Grimm and Rivera do though (for some reason).

Damn.

I know nothing about picking coaches, but Sherman nor Jauron excite me. Grimm and Rivera do though (for some reason).

571929[/snapback]

At this point, I would take Sherman hands down. He has been a winner, Jauron's record as HC sucks. I am always weary of assistants becoming HC for the first time....i.e. Williams, Mularkey. I think we need experience at this point and time.

At this point, I would take Sherman hands down.  He has been a winner, Jauron's record as HC sucks.  I am always weary of assistants becoming HC for the first time....i.e. Williams, Mularkey.  I think we need experience at this point and time.

571935[/snapback]

marv levys record pre buffalo

31-42 0-0 in playoffs

Dick Jauron

36 49 0-1 in the playoffs

Not really a huge differnce, just pointing out. That levy wasn't exactaly some great coach when he first came here. Then he managed to get some talent, and bam he started winning games. Sherman on paper seems the obvious choice, but I just have the bland feeling about him. I know that doesn't mean anything, but when I think of sherman I think of guy who doesn't really bring an idenity with him, who was just kind of carried by brett favre. At least with Jauron you know he's a defensive guy. The biggest thing this team lacks imo is idenity. I'm just not sure Sherman could bring that here. I'm willing to give him a chance though if he's hired.

marv levys record pre buffalo

31-42 0-0 in playoffs

Dick Jauron

36  49  0-1 in the playoffs

Not really a huge differnce, just pointing out. That levy wasn't exactaly some great coach when he first came here. Then he managed to get some talent, and bam he started winning games.   Sherman on paper seems the obvious choice, but I just have the bland feeling about him.  I know that doesn't mean anything, but when I think of sherman I think of guy who doesn't really bring an idenity with him, who was just kind of carried by brett favre. At least with Jauron you know he's a defensive guy.  The biggest thing this team lacks imo is idenity. I'm just not sure Sherman could bring that here.  I'm willing to give him a chance though if he's hired.

571940[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying, but Sherman is 59-43 and has been to the playoffs numerous times. That has to count for something. I think we need more help with the offense right now, rather than the defense. I think Sherman could mould JP better than Jauron as he has been around Favre so long.