The guy who ran on the field in Cleveland...

Lori

Cruel and unusual punishment?

Browns | Police and courts: fan will be jailed for running onto the field

Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:02:04 -0800

NFL.com reports Nathan Mallett, the fan who ran onto the field at Cleveland Browns Stadium during a Pittsburgh Steelers-Cleveland Browns game was sentenced to spend Super Bowl weekend in jail. He will begin his three-day sentence Friday, Feb. 3 and won't be allowed to watch the Feb. 5 game on television or listen to it on radio. The judge also ordered Mallett not to attend Browns games in Cleveland or any other city for five years as a condition of his probation. He also must perform 150 hours of community service with Browns charities. He could have been sentenced to up to 30 days in jail.

Cruel and unusual punishment?

571891[/snapback]

seems like a awful long probation period (5 years) for only facing 27 days being that he has to do 3 days of the possible 30....not that i condone going onto fields,and almost 4 weeks of community service.i think i'd do the 30 days and tell the judge to keep his probation and community service!

seems like a awful long probation period (5 years) for only facing 27 days being that he has to do 3 days of the possible 30....not that i condone going onto fields,and almost 4 weeks of community service.i think i'd do the 30 days and tell the judge to keep his probation and community service!

571896[/snapback]

Seems fine to me. If he got a slap on the wrist and $100 fine, you'd have 5 - 10 fat drunk guys doing that per game. Execution would have been alright in this case.

Seems fine to me. If he got a slap on the wrist and $100 fine, you'd have 5 - 10 fat drunk guys doing that per game.  Execution would have been alright in this case.

571898[/snapback]

oh never meant it was ok...............and a heavy fine punishment is kewl..............................was just saying for a 30 day offense it seemed like a lot.people get 1 year probations for facing alot worse than a 30 day jail stint thats all i meant...make it a 2,500 dollar fine and clean the bathrooms for a year as far as i am concerned lol

Who really cares... Is watching/listening to the SB that important? Even if it is "your" team.

Probably (the sentence) does his wife or significant other a favor... If he ran on to the field, he would probably be the kind of guy that would beat her up if his team didn't do well. Isn't SB Sunday the number one day for domestic violence in this country?

Anyway, just tape or TiVo it.

Believe me... Watching the Bills lose 4 straight... I think the next time the Bills go to the show... I am gonna skip it... It might bring them luck!

:blink: