You know, If we do get Sherman

1billsfan

Favre is not that old when you consider how long Vinny Testeverte played. If he knew he had a solid team to make a run I think he might be open to the idea. Send them Willis McGahee and draft Lendale White with the eighth pick. Of course we'd absolutely need to get Bentley and another solid veteran for the offensive line. Get Grady Jackson for the DT position next to Adams. Retain Clements. The only hole would be to get a DE and I would hope they'd be able to get John Abraham for that.

That my friends would be an instant playoff team!

570992[/snapback]

Let me see if I get this straight. You want to trade our starting running back for a quarterback at the end of his career (who could possibly retire within the next couple of weeks). You then will plug in a running back with no pro experience as our starter. So, we now have a rookie running back and an old quarterback, thereby leaving a question mark at running back and the need to look for another quarterback to replace Favre in a year (or sooner).

Nope. Cannot possibly see a problem with this scenario.

Brilliant!!

Let me see if I get this straight. You want to trade our starting running back for a quarterback at the end of his career (who could possibly retire within the next couple of weeks). You then will plug in a running back with no pro experience as our starter. So, we now have a rookie running back and an old quarterback, thereby leaving a question mark at running back and the need to look for another quarterback to replace Favre in a year (or sooner).

Brilliant!!

571084[/snapback]

You forgot to mention the line. :huh:

You forgot to mention the line.  :huh:

571085[/snapback]

Sorry. We are going to get Jackson to plug into the line next to a guy who will probably be gone. Clements should be pretty cheap. Add Bentley from the Saints (should also be pretty cheap) and one more O-Line person, and we are playoff-bound. Did I mention Abraham? Where do I buy my Super Bowl tickets?

Sorry. We are going to get Jackson to plug into the line next to a guy who will probably be gone. Clements should be pretty cheap. Add Bentley from the Saints (should also be pretty cheap) and one more O-Line person, and we are playoff-bound. Did I mention Abraham? Where do I buy my Super Bowl tickets?

571095[/snapback]

You know, if we traded McGahee for Favre, we could package Favre and Moulds for Houston's first pick and get Reggie Bush. Plus, I bet the Niners would trade their pick for Holcomb and Gandy and Evans...THEN we could get Leinart too. Then we'd be unstoppable!

Common people! All of you have missed the obvious in all of this Brett Favre talk.

How in blazes do you ever expect JP to get the experience he needs to become a top QB in the league if you bring Favre in here?

"Learn by watching" you say?

BS I say. JP would spend the entire practice thinking of Brett in his cutoff shorts all sweaty and dirty. He wouldn't learn a damn thing about being a QB from Favre. This would seriously hinder his development!

Just say know to Favre! :huh:

You know, if we traded McGahee for Favre, we could package Favre and Moulds  for Houston's first pick and get Reggie Bush.  Plus, I bet the Niners would trade their pick for Holcomb and Gandy and Evans...THEN we could get Leinart too.  Then we'd be unstoppable!

571103[/snapback]

It's gonna take more than Favre and Moulds to get the first pick. You will need to package Evans with them if you want Houston's pick. Of course, that screws up the trade with SF, so you will need to add Moorman and Lindell to replace Evans.

Brilliant!!

Get 'er done, Marv!!

Brett Favre on the Bills???? Did you hear JP's comments about Favre last year??? I can see the sequel to Brokeback Mountain being filmed already....Quarterbacks in the Sack.. Buffalo's movie industry gets a shot in the arm I guess...

Brilliant!!

571084[/snapback]

Take a look at the Bills defense. There are a lot of veterans on that defense. This team has a chance at a good two year playoff run combining a player like Brett Favre and our receivers on the other side of the ball. Shore up the lines with a couple of free agent veterans and I see a team that would be very competitive. We already have one of the best special teams in the NFL. As for rookie runningbacks please take a look at Cadillac William's season. It's a fact that with JP as our starter, this team will lose out on it's current defensive window. In my scenario JP compete to be the starter in 2008. Laugh all you want but I'm just looking at a way for the Bills to compete in 2006 and 2007.

If Brett was all for signing on for the next two seasons with our team you'd turn him down? Brilliant!!

Take a look at the Bills defense. There are a lot of veterans on that defense. This team has a chance at a good two year playoff run combining a player like Brett Favre and our receivers on the other side of the ball. Shore up the lines with a couple of free agent veterans and I see a team that would be very competitive. We already have one of the best special teams in the NFL. As for rookie runningbacks please take a look at Cadillac William's season. It's a fact that with JP as our starter, this team will lose out on it's current defensive window. In my scenario JP compete to be the starter in 2008. Laugh all you want but I'm just looking at a way for the Bills to compete in 2006 and 2007.

If Brett was all for signing on for the next two seasons with our team you'd turn him down? Brilliant!!

571301[/snapback]

This is quickly going to turn into a BF or NJSue thread if you're not careful.

How do you know he will be Cadillac Williams and not Curtis Enis?

571328[/snapback]

I don't, maybe they trade draft picks (#2 and #4 this year) instead. I'm throwing this possibility out there in case Green Bay is ready to go with the youth movement and completely rebuild. That team had little talent this past season and I think that Favre was maybe trying to hard. 29 interceptions is startling, but what if he still has 2 years left if given the right pieces? I could see him having a 24 TD 14 interception season with the Bills, and I'd take that in a heart beat.

I don't, maybe they trade draft picks (#2 and #4 this year) instead. I'm throwing this possibility out there in case Green Bay is ready to go with the youth movement and completely rebuild. That team had little talent this past season and I think that Favre was maybe trying to hard. 29 interceptions is startling, but what if he still has 2 years left if given the right pieces? I could see him having a 24 TD 14 interception season with the Bills, and I'd take that in a heart beat.

571337[/snapback]

You are trading away knows for unknowns. Unknown how long Favre will last (2-year commitments mean nothing.) Unknown how the White would perform (assuming you even get him and he is not taken by someone else). You know what you are getting from McGahee. Why trade that away on an unknown?

You are trading away knows for unknowns. Unknown how long Favre will last (2-year commitments mean nothing.) Unknown how the White would perform (assuming you even get him and he is not taken by someone else). You know what you are getting from McGahee. Why trade that away on an unknown?

571350[/snapback]

Like I said, McGahee could stay here in lew of draft picks being offered to Green Bay. Given the two unknowns (Brett's 2 year performance vs JP's development) I'd go with Brett. Lightning in a bottle theory.

and if we still have JP, I'll back him fully. Unlike his teamates. :huh:

Common people!  All of you have missed the obvious in all of this Brett Favre talk.

How in blazes do you ever expect JP to get the experience he needs to become a top QB in the league if you bring Favre in here? 

"Learn by watching" you say?

BS I say.  JP would spend the entire practice thinking of Brett in his cutoff shorts all sweaty and dirty.  He wouldn't learn a damn thing about being a QB from Favre.  This would seriously hinder his development!

Just say know to Favre! :huh:

571113[/snapback]

Had the pleasure of watching two of Brett's former back-ups play each other in a playoff game last week, Brunell and Hasselback. In addition to them, Aaron Brooks was a decent starter for a few years and guys like Ty Detmer took his team to the playoffs as a starting QB. None of these guys were drafted high, lotsa fifth round draft picks in there. There might be something to the idea that being around Brett Favre, watching him practice, and picking his brain, is of some value. I can't think of any other QB in history that had as many back-ups go on to be fine starters as he has.

That being said, Favre isn't going anywhere but back to his tractor in Mississippi if he decides not to come back to Green Bay. Were TT to trade Brett Favre he'd be strung up by his short-n-curlies. Some people already reminicing about what happened to Dan Devine's dog, that would be the final insult he is allowed, to trade Brett Favre.

That being said, there is an outside chance it could happen though. If Brett retires (like I expect him to) he might decide later that mowing his lawn is pretty dull, that he's really not that old, and return to the game he loves so much. Were that the case, he could petition the league to allow his return, and I imagine that would be a formality--it's not like he retired to avoid the results of a drug test--and while he'd be 'under contract' here he might ask for his release as TT has already intimated he wants to give him a 5 mil pay cut, and he'd have to learn an entirely new offense. While looking around, were Sherman in Buffalo that might make it pretty enticing, being as I imagine Mike Sherman would run a similar offense there were he selected as your coach.

That's a real longshot though.