How good is Reggie Wayne?

Beerball

Would you put him in the Peerless Price category?  He'll apparently be available this off season.  Can he dominate a game as the #1 wideout, or is he a complimentary piece?

570645[/snapback]

I'd say better than Price, but no reason to assume he can be a #1.

That being said, a creative offensive mind would be able to use him and Lee like two poor man's versions of Steve Smith and tear defenses apart.

THAT being said, Wayne would be nuts to leave an offense that feeds the #2 receiver like Indy's does.

Would you put him in the Peerless Price category?  He'll apparently be available this off season.  Can he dominate a game as the #1 wideout, or is he a complimentary piece?

570645[/snapback]

I think he is #1 material.... He is noted as having better hands than Harrison on the Colts.

570645[/snapback]

Good, better than Price, legit #1

Dominate a game? I wouldn't go that far, there's really only about 3 guys who can do that from the WR position.

Can the Colts really afford to keep Reggie Wayne?  Manning and Harrison make a lot of cake... won't Wayne want to be payed that type of money too?

570713[/snapback]

Probably not. Remember, they gave Brandon Stokely a decent sized contract too, and Dallas Clark is coming up.

I don't think he, sans Marvin Harrison, is good enough to consistently beat a double team that a #1 wideout needs to do.

This isn't much of an answer, but if anyone can reverse the trend of #2 receivers not being worth #1 money it'd be Reggie Wayne. He's not a tall receiver, but he's got great speed and great hands. Like someone else mentioned before I think he'd be crazy to leave Indy.

With the game on the line, Wayne tried Steeler rookie CB Bryant McFadden deep in the corner of the end zone. The throw was perfect, and McFadden knocked it away. A play later, Vandy missed, and the Colts went home bickering again...

If Wayne is so good, then how good is Steeler nickel McFadden?

Price is a great reminder that #2 WRs often have great stats... because they get single covered a lot...