Mike Sherman

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay

having been part of that famous Holmgren staff which included Gruden, Marriucci, Reid and others. This was a goal oriented group which set it's sights on accomplishing the individual tasks necessary for the success of the entire team. I don't want someone with experience, I want someone with the 'right' experience. Someone who is organized enough to implement their systems and flexible enough to manage them. Someone who is mature enough to work with his superiors without being intimidated by them. Someone who has evaluated talent, assited in securing it, and helped develope it.

Out of all the names I see in the current hat, Mike Sherman is by far the best fit.

He may not be the most passionate coaching candidate available, but passion only lasts so long... just ask some of the long-married posters on this board. :D

Reading the latest on interviews, it does look more and more like Sherman has the edge. OBD has him scheduled for an interview, but only informal talks with Haslett so far. Hmmmmm???? Bet if they can get Sherman for the right price, he'll be the man. I'm not overly impressed the Jauron being a candidate.

Guest BackInDaDay
Reading the latest on interviews, it does look more and more like Sherman has the edge.  OBD has him scheduled for an interview, but only informal talks with Haslett so far.  Hmmmmm????  Bet if they can get Sherman for the right price, he'll be the man.  I'm not overly impressed the Jauron being a candidate.

570648[/snapback]

The 'right price'... yep, that's always been a factor with Ralph and coaches.

The 'right price'... yep, that's always been a factor with Ralph and coaches.

570672[/snapback]

I think you're right, historically speaking (i.e., pre-Donahoe). Unless Ralph was really telling us a bold-faced lie last week, however, he apparently placed no restrictions upon TD with respect to salaries paid to the Bills' coaching staff over the past five years.

I truly believe that Ralph now wants to win -- badly -- and will not let $$ get in the way of that.

At least, that's what I keep repeating to myself over and over, trying to put a positive spin on the future of the franchise I love. :D

Guest BackInDaDay
WEll, yah, because ralph didnt say that "price wouldnt matter" last week or anything...  :D

570682[/snapback]

Are you referring to the same Ralph who broke the bank to bring us this bunch? :D

2004-2005 Mike Mularkey 14-18-0

2001-2003 Gregg Williams 17-31-0

1998-2000 Wade Phillips 29-21-0

1986-1997 Marv Levy 123-78-0

1985-1986 Hank Bullough 4-17-0

1983-1985 Kay Stephenson 10-26-0

1978-1982 Chuck Knox 38-38-0

1976-1977 Jim Ringo 3-20-0

1972-1976 Lou Saban 32-29-1

1971 Harvey Johnson 1-13-0

1969-1970 John Rauch 7-20-1

1968 Harvey Johnson 1-10-1

1966-1968 Joe Collier 13-17-1

1962-1965 Lou Saban 38-18-3

1960-1961 Buster Ramsey 11-16-1

Billieve. Billieve. Billieve.

On the count of three you will awake and adore your owner.

I think you're right, historically speaking (i.e., pre-Donahoe).  Unless Ralph was really telling us a bold-faced lie last week, however, he apparently placed no restrictions upon TD with respect to salaries paid to the Bills' coaching staff over the past five years.

570690[/snapback]

Well if you believe that TD only wanted to hire HC's who wouldn't usurp his power, then getting cheaper coaches was HIS idea.

Guest BackInDaDay
And he can bring Jim Bates with him to be his Defensive Coordinator...

That guy can coach in the NFL.

570756[/snapback]

I like Bates too. Beat the Pats with a useless bunch of Dolphins, and bolstered the Pack's D last season.

Might also help us get a hook into Grady Jackson, who could step into Fat Pat's old role next to Adams. Jackson dropped Rosenhaus for Angelo Wright. Now, this might have been a problem for TD (Wright is Fat Pat's agent), but Marv should have a clean slate with him.