Another Gem From Hillary

Don't you mean which party panders to their fears more?

Because that's a more accurate description.

572254[/snapback]

Gosh, what makes you say that? Is it because they're bringing up plantations here in the year 2006? Is it because they portray all Republicans as racists with their hearts set on holding them down? :blink:

Ho hum, nothing to see here.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't disagree with that statement especially coming from a right wing guy. The Repubs have rewritten the book on pandering to fear.

572303[/snapback]

They are just afraid of Hillary as Commander in Chief.

(relax everybody, I voted for Lazio)

I can't disagree with that statement especially coming from a right wing guy. The Repubs have rewritten the book on pandering to fear.

572303[/snapback]

That'd be great, especially if I was a Republican.

Yeah, the republicans do it too. But the Democrats have elevated it to a high art WRT the black community.

"George Bush hates black people."

That'd be great, especially if I was a Republican.

Yeah, the republicans do it too. But the Democrats have elevated it to a high art WRT the black community.

"George Bush hates black people."

572310[/snapback]

Funny that the Repubs are insisting that Hillary be a little more PC.

Rapper Kayne West is a Democrat?

Funny that the Repubs are insisting that Hillary be a little more PC.

Rapper Kayne West is a Democrat?

572314[/snapback]

Why is that funny? Is there something wrong with expecting the Dems to follow the PC rules that they have created?

572254[/snapback]

I think black voters are capable, bright and intelligent citizens, no more likely to be duped into voting for a party whose policies hurt them than you are. Accordingly, and by truly embarassing majorities, they vote for democrats. For years now the Republicans keep telling themselves that the overwhelming rejection of their party by african americans is due to some sort of villainous propaganda, a mystifying piece of rhetorical wizadry by Democrats as opposed to a legitimate reaction by them to Republican policies inimical to their interests.

I understand that you disagree strongly with their view of Republican policies and whether or not they truly are bad for african americans and I respect that. However, they clearly disagree and you see that over and over in their voting stats. Their opinions contrary to yours as to the efficacy of Republican policies are deserving of just as much respect as yours. Sure they may be wrong but I think it is disrespectful to label them as some sort of dupes helpless to discern the truth obscured by democratic propaganda.

I think they know the democratic party all too well, warts and all. They know the Republican party too and all things considered, they overwhelmingly vote for democratic candidates. That is going to continue unless and until the Republican party stops convincing itself that they are victims of a combination of democratic lies and blacks being unable to see the truth.

572303[/snapback]

Please tell me you are not saying that the "Vote for us or terrorists will kill you" party panders to fear? It can not be. I shan't believe it I tell you. I shan't, I shan't, I shan't.

I understand that you disagree strongly with their view of Republican policies and whether or not they truly are bad for african americans and I respect that.  However, they clearly disagree and you see that over and over in their voting stats.  Their opinions contrary to yours as to the efficacy of Republican policies are deserving of just as much respect as yours.  Sure they may be wrong but I think it is disrespectful to label them as some sort of dupes helpless to discern the truth obscured by democratic propaganda.

572322[/snapback]

Irish-Amricans have until recently voted Democratic in heavy majorities, as have Catholics. Much voting is done on tradition alone, and the same holds true for blacks voting Dimocrat.

At one time blacks voted exclusively Republican.

The pendulum will shift, it's not a matter of if, but when.

Why is that funny?  Is there something wrong with expecting the Dems to follow the PC rules that they have created?

572320[/snapback]

I just think that the talk show circuit, etc. are extremely thin skinned.

Republicans are a bunch of whiney babies, waaaaaaaaaaaaah

waaaaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Go cry repbulicans! Go cry to your mommies.

Hillary is calling you names. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

:blink: Okay, i'll stop now because that is really annoying. :w00t:

Republicans are a bunch of whiney babies, waaaaaaaaaaaaah

waaaaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Go cry repbulicans! Go cry to your mommies.

Hillary is calling you names.  waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

:blink: Okay, i'll stop now because that is really annoying.  :w00t:

572338[/snapback]

I think the point of all this is that Hillary did something that, if done by any right-leaning politician, would have caused riots in Newark.

I think the point of all this is that Hillary did something that, if done by any right-leaning politician, would have caused riots in Newark.

572344[/snapback]

Personally, I think the black community can be a pretty forgiving lot.

But I don't have much to base that on other than Gov. Wallace.

Irish-Amricans have until recently voted Democratic in heavy majorities, as have Catholics. Much voting is done on tradition alone, and the same holds true for blacks voting Dimocrat.

572335[/snapback]

Maybe.

I do hope that the entire Republian party agrees with you and continues to just sit and wait for that too happen all on its own. It is that kind of thinking that moved all those votes to the democrats to begin with and if it doesn't change, should keep them there. Pendulums shift back and forth for a reason, politics are different, they shift but for a reason. The shift you are talking about isn't going to just magically materialize.

The experience of other immigrants is helpful but of limited value for comparison purposes. Blacks didn't exactly immigrate to the US so their historical frame of reference is different. Further, it doesn't appear that they have had the same ability to assimilate into the culture at large as easily (probably didn't seem easy to our grandparents) as the groups you mentioned.

572254[/snapback]

Is it pandering when a party supports legislation that promotes and insures equality, rights, and support systems to give a hand up? You may disagree with the methods, but at least they can look at the Democrats and see that they keep trying instead of denying. Blacks have a reason to be concerned whenever politicians don't take their concerns seriously, because they lived through almost 200 years of oppression in the U.S., so they may be more sensitive when those concerns aren't addressed by the majority. They were treated as second-class citizens in our lifetimes.

Sure they are, that what sells, on either the left or right. Plenty of thin skins on this board too.

I just find it funny to watch the left wingers dance whenever someone points out the hypocrisy of people like Hillary Clinton. It's even better when the defense of an elected official involves pointing at specific members of the media; as if Ann Coulter is to the GOP as Hillary Clinton is to the Dems.

They were treated as second-class citizens in our lifetimes.

572399[/snapback]

In your lifetime, maybe. Since I've been alive, the black community has gotten more help in the way of Affirmative Action, welfare, Social Security, government procurement quotas and innumerable other programs than probably any other ethnic group in the country.

net result? not a whole lot.

Plantation."

In other breaking news, Mayor Nagin let us know that "God is mad at America."  God apparently also informed him that it is his will for New Orleans to have a majority of African-American citizens. Who is crazier Mickey, this guy or Pat Robertson?

Look, Repubs make me sicker with each passing day, but dems will simply continue to lose as long as idiots like this are your "leaders."  :doh:

570587[/snapback]

Hillary is really going to kill herself in a Presidential race when she wins the nomination with all of these quotes. I wonder how many notepads the RNC has with these quotes on it ready to bring up in her face. :doh:

Nagin, on the other hand, isn't exactly a leader. He's more of just a jackass that no one llikes. Robertson, in contrast, is liked by lots of people. When I was growing up, I know lots of people from my church tuned into the 700 club. And how can we forget Justice Sunday?

572335[/snapback]

Not tradition, but rather party identification.

Given time, IF and I mean IF these groups start considering themselves slightly republican-leaning, then you will see the large shift. However, this could still take years to do.