Sherman wanted Losman...Levy

Gardinier

Guest BackInDaDay
True, but I have a hard time believing that he is thrilled with JP if he is calling for a veteran.

570810[/snapback]

Marv had Gilbert carry a clipboard for years behind Kelly and Reich.

That's where young QBs belong in his 'old school' offensive mentality. Nothing wrong with that, unless something different's being sold to the fans (right TD?).

I believe, as TOMCAT does, that if Marv isn't impressed with our current 'veteran' QB, then he'll make it a priority to find another, or learn to live with a 3-year man with little experience. If the latter is an option that Marv can live with, then Sherman's opinion of Losman carries weight in the interview.

Remember, Marv didn't have to break Kelly in. He just saddled him up and rode.

Thing is, there are no ready-made, high-caliber QBs out there.

JP is igoing into his 3rd year now.  Isn't that Veteran enough?

570962[/snapback]

I don't know, but in one of the recent PC's, I think the one where they announced that Mularkey was staying, Marv said "you need a vetran quarterback", whatever that means. As a coach, we all remember how reluctant he was to go with rookies. If I remember, Thurman didn't even see the bulk of the playing time, until after midway in his first season.

In all of the "ecitement" of the last few weeks, it is still unclear where the Bills new management stands on Losman...I assume they will keep Holcomb around, at least as a backup.

As a coach, we all remember how reluctant he was to go with rookies.  If I remember, Thurman didn't even see the bulk of the playing time, until after midway in his first season. 

571135[/snapback]

I don't see how not playing a rookie for half of his first season makes you say ML reluctant to go with rookies :huh:

I don't see how not playing a rookie for half of his first season makes you say ML reluctant to go with rookies  :huh:

571166[/snapback]

Actually, I was using that as an example of a guy that did play a bit in his rookie year...I am not making it up...Levy himself said that rookies don't start, unless necessary...I am sure others here can back me up on this...