Sherman wanted Losman...Levy

Gardinier

won't make the hire because Sherman wanted Losman in the draft. I deep down am not enamored with any of these selections-knowing Levy I doubt he is either. Wilson was impressed with Jauron when he was interviewed 2 years ago-I came down to Jauron and Mularkey. What is next?

won't make the hire because Sherman wanted Losman in the draft.  I deep down am not enamored with any of these selections-knowing Levy I doubt he is either.  Wilson was impressed with Jauron when he was interviewed 2 years ago-I came down to Jauron and Mularkey.  What is next?

570204[/snapback]

No, he won't hire Sherman simply for that reason, but you're crazy if you don't think Levy will consider how his HC choice fits his existing roster. The fact that Sherman liked Losman and presumably still does WILL have some influence, especially once Sherman explains why he believes Losman would fit so well in his offense.

won't make the hire because Sherman wanted Losman in the draft.  I deep down am not enamored with any of these selections-knowing Levy I doubt he is either.  Wilson was impressed with Jauron when he was interviewed 2 years ago-I came down to Jauron and Mularkey.  What is next?

570204[/snapback]

I don't understand your point. Levy won't hire Sherman, because Sherman liked Losman, who is currently on the Bills roster? Am I missing something? Wouldn't that increase the likelihood of Sherman getting hired?

I know Marv is already on record as saying the Bills needed a "vetran QB" (not a ringing endorsement of Holcomb or Losman), but I don't know that he is writing off Losman yet.

Think of this angle. Brett Favre said at one point, late in the season, if Mike Sherman was not in Green Bay next year, it would factor in his decision to retire. How about the Bills hiring Sherman, and finding a way to bring Favre with him? I know it is an unlikely scenario, but Marv would have his vetran QB, Losman would have his stylistic tutor, and the Bills would sell a phenominal amount of merchendise, and get more press coverage than they have had in well over a decade.

Of course the only problem with this pipe dream is that there would be no reason for Favre to go along with it (unless he loves Sherman that much), and there is that salary cap problem to work around...maybe we could trade TO for Favre~ :blink:

I don't understand your point.  Levy won't hire Sherman, because Sherman liked Losman, who is currently on the Bills roster?  Am I missing something?  Wouldn't that increase the likelihood of Sherman getting hired? 

I know Marv is already on record as saying the Bills needed a "vetran QB" (not a ringing endorsement of Holcomb or Losman), but I don't know that he is writing off Losman yet.

Think of this angle.  Brett Favre said at one point, late in the season, if Mike Sherman was not in Green Bay next year, it would factor in his decision to retire.  How about the Bills hiring Sherman, and finding a way to bring Favre with him?  I know it is an unlikely scenario, but Marv would have his vetran QB, Losman would have his stylistic tutor, and the Bills would sell a phenominal amount of merchendise, and get more press coverage than they have had in well over a decade.

Of course the only problem with this pipe dream is that there would be no reason for Favre to go along with it (unless he loves Sherman that much), and there is that salary cap problem to work around...maybe we could trade TO for Favre~  :D

570472[/snapback]

The problem i see with bringing in Favre is that no one wants to see JP with a chub on the sidelines the entire game. :D

570472[/snapback]

Is that true??? I wasn't aware of that....

More a shot at Holcomb then Losman I think...

The "veteran quarterback" thing is scary. Holcomb is about as good as you're going to get in the "veteran quarterback" market (maybe Dallas will let Drew go?) I suspect we have to find out whether JP Losman is a good quarterback or not which means getting a line (solving our problems with protection as Peyton might say) and putting him out there to produce or not. If he doesn't we will probably have to draft one in the 2007 draft. I hope we don't waste any draft choices on a "veteran quarterback."

I'm drooling at the possibility of having Favre in a Bills uni.  Even if it is just a dream.

570478[/snapback]

So is Losman... in those tight shorts.

Sorry man, you set yourself up for that.

I do think that Sherman will win because he wanted Losman to suceed Farve. It's a win , win WIN situation.

What makes you say that?

570797[/snapback]

I think that if he said we need to groom a new rookie QB then thats worse for Losman.....With Holcomb being the "veteren" I think Levy was saying that we need a veteran in case the new kid goes down, that Holcomb has flaws and just isn't good enough....

Just my opinion though....I could be wrong...Ive been wrong before.

The "veteran quarterback" thing is scary.  Holcomb is about as good as you're going to get in the "veteran quarterback" market (maybe Dallas will let Drew go?) I suspect we have to find out whether JP Losman is a good quarterback or not which means getting a line (solving our problems with protection as Peyton might say) and putting him out there to produce or not.  If he doesn't we will probably have to draft one in the 2007 draft. I hope we don't waste any draft choices on a "veteran quarterback."

570790[/snapback]

Yes - Holcomb's arguably the best available. Perhaps CLE will move Difler and go with Charlie Frye.

I don't study rosters, but in seems like there aren't a lot of 2 - 3 year qb's out there, like Volek or Delhomme were, waiting for their shot.

It will be interesting to see what MIA does with Rosenfels.

Yes - Holcomb's arguably the best available. Perhaps CLE will move Difler and go with Charlie Frye.

I don't study rosters, but in seems like there aren't a lot of 2 - 3 year qb's out there, like Volek or Delhomme were, waiting for their shot.

It will be interesting to see what MIA does with Rosenfels.

570811[/snapback]

Or wjat Jax do with Garrard...

570204[/snapback]

I'm not sure I even understand this statement. Sherman wanted Losman. The Bills have Losman. If Sherman can impress Marv with his philosophy and plan, it certainly sounds like the perfect fit.

Do you for some reason believe that Marv has "given up" on Losman? If so, that's preposterous. Unlike 90% of fans, a guy like Marv looks at more than a stat line to evaluate a player. I think most would agree that Losman was not exactly put in a position to succeed this year. He had his share of struggles, but he also showed flashes of the skill set that led the Bills to draft him. Put him behind a real OL, with a real OC and gameplan, and see what he can do.