tossing an unsubstantiated idea in the ring

he's been working for 3 million plus a year, and is guaranteed that if he doesn't get for the next couple of years. that is virtually triple what mularkey got.

i admit - i'd like to see him as coach. but why would he take a $1.5 million pay cut? his agent would be the laughing stock of the agent world, i can tell you that ...

he's been working for 3 million plus a year, and is guaranteed that if he doesn't get for the next couple of years. that is virtually triple what mularkey got.

i admit - i'd like to see him as coach. but why would he take a $1.5 million pay cut? his agent would be the laughing stock of the agent world, i can tell you that ...

570197[/snapback]

Hed still get paid the $3m, only NO would pay the differance for whatever the Bills signed him to

Exactly, if anything the argument cuts the other way.  He'll be getting $3mil/yr nomatter what Ralph pays, so he won't care if Ralph lowballs him.

570251[/snapback]

are you sure about that? i thought that may be the case, but it doesn't seem so clear assuming he takes a job at the same level as before. is there any rule on that?

are you sure about that? i thought that may be the case, but it doesn't seem so clear assuming he takes a job at the same level as before. is there any rule on that?

570254[/snapback]

Yes, that is how the management structure works. Just like if Donahoe gets a job elsewhere then Ralph doesn't have to pay him what ever postion of his contract the new team pays.

Yes, that is how the management structure works.  Just like if Donahoe gets a job elsewhere then Ralph doesn't have to pay him what ever postion of his contract the new team pays.

570255[/snapback]

thanks. looks like my premise -- and that of ron borges of boston's -- is indeed "unsubstantiated."

whoops - i just had a brainstorm. haslett is on the saints payroll for 2 more years, and i can't see him asking for anything less than a 4 year deal, and he probably wants 5.

570265[/snapback]

2006 was his last year on the payroll...Saints/Benson owe him $3.2 Million for 2006 if he doesn't work or the difference between what he makes in 2006 with a new club and the $3.2 Million...

Sherman was making about the same...

Its pretty certain that Money would come up in setting up the interview...I hope that means Ralph is willing to pay what it takes to get both the right HC and assistants...we have to give the HC a budget to get good coordinators..and the price for good coordinators is more than we were paying Mularkey...