Troubling Part of CBS Saga

Peter

apparently from what i heard on a news report this morning...and i don't even know who it was speaking...

said that this producer (again, i don't have a name..) was stated to have been trying to get dirt on Bush and his service in the guard since 1999.

To me, one of the most troubling parts of the CBS saga is that the CBS producer actually put the source in touch with Kerry campaign people.

Very odd . . . .

40953[/snapback]

Should we revisit the topic of where fraudulent documents become the story rather than the content of the documents?

Should we revisit the topic of where fraudulent documents become the story rather than the content of the documents?

41286[/snapback]

Funny.

Unlike you (apparently), I am more concerned about the character of the people running for president than I am about Dan Rather. Yet, as I repeatedly said, if Rather knowingly used fraudulent documents he should pay BIG TIME.

Funny.

Unlike you (apparently), I am more concerned about the character of the people running for president than I am about Dan Rather.  Yet, as I repeatedly said, if Rather knowingly used fraudulent documents he should pay BIG TIME.

41368[/snapback]

Funny.

I don't care about events that happened in the candidates' lives 30 years ago.

I do care about mounting evidence that a major "news" organization has deliberatly used its airwaves to slant public opinion 45 days before an election by using falsified information.

Funny.

I don't care about events that happened in the candidates' lives 30 years ago.

I do care about mounting evidence that a major "news" organization has deliberatly used its airwaves to slant public opinion 45 days before an election by using falsified information.

41414[/snapback]

You really don't?

So I guess time gives everybody a free pass? How "liberal" of you.

You really don't?

So I guess time gives everybody a free pass?  How "liberal" of you.

41422[/snapback]

Didn't know that recognizing the progression of a person's character over a lifetime is a monopoly held by a liberal mindset.

You really don't?

So I guess time gives everybody a free pass?  How "liberal" of you.

41422[/snapback]

Perhaps you are missing GG's point, which I share. Maybe I miss yours - if it's sarcasm, the printed word is notoriously poor at that.

I believe he is speaking about a powerful dessiminator of information, with a degree of public trust, making an attempt to impact a process reserved for the citizenry. Terms from the turn of the century (19th) like muckraking and yellow journalism come to mind.

Perhaps you are missing GG's point, which I share.  Maybe I miss yours - if it's sarcasm, the printed word is notoriously poor at that.

I believe he is speaking about a powerful dessiminator of information, with a degree of public trust, making an attempt to impact a process reserved for the citizenry.  Terms from the turn of the century (19th) like muckraking and yellow journalism come to mind.

41455[/snapback]

No.

Are they really a powerful disseminator? Seems like the "Blog" took him down.

I think he means HE doesn't really care what a candidate did 30 years ago.

I say let it all ride on everything... Doesn't matter who it is. I will sift through it. You make a mistake, admit and get on with it.

The networks are only powerful in getting information out to the old.

Change the way we vote and you would see the switch.

What would your reaction to voting on Saturdays be?

I don't want to live in a bubble.

No.

Are they really a powerful disseminator?  Seems like the "Blog" took him down.

I think he means HE doesn't really care what a candidate did 30 years ago.

I say let it all ride on everything... Doesn't matter who it is. I will sift through it.  You make a mistake, admit and get on with it.

The networks are only powerful in getting information out to the old.

Change the way we vote and you would see the switch.

What would your reaction to voting on Saturdays be?

I don't want to live in a bubble.

41504[/snapback]

Are you drinking Chicago River water again?

What does your post say/mean?

Are you drinking Chicago River water again?

What does your post say/mean?

41566[/snapback]

No. I don't work on the Chicago River. Anyway, by the time it gets to New Orleans, it has passed through 3 people. :blink:

The answer my friend is dillution!

You really don't care what people running for office have done in the past?

You really don't care what people running for office have done in the past?

41617[/snapback]

Yes, I really don't care what someone did 30 years ago, if the intervening 30 years show a pattern that I find acceptable.

But, that's just me.