Marv's to do list

1billsfan

I really believe Fassel should get a chance. I thought he was the man when Mularkey was hired, but obviously TD doesn't listen to fans' opinions. :pirate:

I'm not sold on Sherman, Payton, Rivera, or Lewis just yet. Al Saunders will likely end up in Oakland. Jim Haslett will end up being DC somewhere next season.

I'd have a little comfort level if it was either Fassel or Cottrell, but none of the others...yet.

I really believe Fassel should get a chance. I thought he was the man when Mularkey was hired, but obviously TD doesn't listen to fans' opinions.    :pirate:

I'm not sold on Sherman, Payton, Rivera, or Lewis just yet. Al Saunders will likely end up in Oakland. Jim Haslett will end up being DC somewhere next season.

I'd have a little comfort level if it was either Fassel or Cottrell, but none of the others...yet.

569648[/snapback]

what is it about Cottrell that gives you comfort as a HC?

Interview:

Payton

Saunders

Rivera

Lewis

Fassell

Haslett

Cotrell

Then pick the best one for our team. Shouldn't be that difficult, right?

569624[/snapback]

Then convince them that they should come to Buffalo rather than somewhere else.

what is it about Cottrell that gives you comfort as a HC?

569662[/snapback]

Because the players who play for him buy into his system and leave everything on the field. The Bills defenses of the late 90s were in the top 5 each year they made the playoffs and the Vikings defense is what brought them back into the playoff mix this year. TC ran both of them and every one of his players played hard for him.

The only knock I'd have on him is that he has no HC experience, which I'd prefer in a new coach. However, he's ran defenses for years and has been an assistant head coach for the Jets (yeah, I know...the Jets).

I know I busted on Jim Fassel as our coach yesterday but I'm starting to reconsider the possiblity of him today. Out of all of these guys listed Jim Fassel would be the safest choice and that may not be such a bad thing at OBD. He could be the HC/OC with Wyche still as the QB coach and then bring in Dick Jaroun as our DC. This might just steady the ship and would be a vast improvement from the leadership we've had here the last 5 years. Do I think Fassel can win the big game? I have my doubts, but after watching Rivera's Bears get schooled I'm wondering if their defense was great because of the ridiculously easy schedule they had. Take a look at it if you get the chance, they played the lousiest offensive teams in the NFL. Cowboy fans are begging us to take Payton off their hands and Lewis would be another complete unknown. Our players may need a coach that has a tangible successful past rather than a roll of the dice.