Question about the Bell Centre

Mile High

Bell Center

Going to see the Canadiens vs. Buffalo on Feb. 7th. And I was just wondering if anyone has been to the Bell Centre since it has been built? Are there any bad seats in the house? Anywhere I shouldn't sit for the hockey game?

All I can find are the really expensive lower at 256 a pop. Or the nose bleeds (which I've heard kinda suck). If I can find something in between or anyone knows a good site, let me know thanks.

Mile High

Edit: I found tickets for section 320 blueline 5 rows up. Are they worth a look?

I have been there for a World Cup game two years ago. I scalped a $40 ticket for $20. I was in the nose bleeds. It is steep terrain up there. I didn't have any problem with seeing the game. It is as you would expect, you can see the plays develop but you can't see the facial expressions nor hear the expletives (other than the locals). I went to the Bell Centre last September to get a schedule right after they resolved the lockout bs. They didn't have full schedules yet but from talking to people even single tickets were going fast. So I would be happy just getting a ticket. I don't know if breaking the bank is worth it. Nor is it worth it paying $7 for a small draft beer. In any case it should be a great experience especially if the Sabres win. The Bell Centre is located in the downtown district (Centre-ville) which is close to the nightlife, restaurants, metro, etc. The old Forum is much further down St Catherine St. and now holds movie theaters, restaurants and shops.

I have been there for a World Cup game two years ago.  I scalped a $40 ticket for $20.  I was in the nose bleeds. It is steep terrain up there.  I didn't have any problem with seeing the game.  It is as you would expect, you can see the plays develop but you can't see the facial expressions nor hear the expletives (other than the locals).  I went to the Bell Centre last September to get a schedule right after they resolved the lockout bs.  They didn't have full schedules yet but from talking to people even single tickets were going fast.  So I would be happy just getting a ticket.  I don't know if breaking the bank is worth it.  Nor is it worth it paying $7 for a small draft beer.  In any case it should be a great experience especially if the Sabres win.  The Bell Centre is located in the downtown district (Center-ville) which is close to the nightlife, restaurants, metro, etc.  The old Forum is much further down St Catherine St. and now holds movie theaters, restaurants and shops.

569534[/snapback]

Can you remember was the yellow sections ok? I have seriously heard that if you sit up in the upper orange and purple it's like sitting on a cliff.

Know any good websites for tickets, Spun?

Can you remember was the yellow sections ok?  I have seriously heard that if you sit up in the upper orange and purple it's like sitting on a cliff.

569593[/snapback]

I still have my stub but I am not at home but I will try to get back to you on this.

Here is a link to some ticket sites via canada.com:

http://www.canada.com/findit/search/site/i...ockey%20tickets

I would consider scalping but it is Montreal. And there is always another price to the tix which is missing the opening faceoff if you want a better price.

Good luck.

Montreal is great...went to a game per year from 1997-2000...good times...

569634[/snapback]

Last time I was there was 5-14-98 double ot in the playoffs. We won 5-4 and I got hit by a puck, which is in my office right here. Thanks Hasek!

Molson Centre then.

Bell Center

Going to see the Canadiens vs. Buffalo on Feb. 7th.  And I was just wondering if anyone has been to the Bell Centre since it has been built?  Are there any bad seats in the house?  Anywhere I shouldn't sit for the hockey game?

All I can find are the really expensive lower at 256 a pop.  Or the nose bleeds (which I've heard kinda suck).  If I can find something in between or anyone knows a good site, let me know thanks.

Mile High

Edit:  I found tickets for section 320 blueline 5 rows up.  Are they worth a look?

569317[/snapback]

i live in montreal... i've been to a few games especially playoff games and have discovered that you have a great view from anywhere. I personally recommend the molson ex section where you get to watch the hot molson ex girls try and get the fans into the game. basically anywhere you can get a seat is good as tickets go pretty fast.

On another note, i got as a gift for xmas, 135$ tickets in back of the visiting Feb 11 vs Atlanta. I can't wait to go as the last time i went and see a hockey game was game 6 vs Boston where we won and moved on to the next round. Ah good times :pirate:

i live in montreal... i've been to a few games especially playoff games and have discovered that you have a great view from anywhere.  I personally recommend the molson ex section where you get to watch the hot molson ex girls try and get the fans into the game.  basically anywhere you can get a seat is good as tickets go pretty fast. 

On another note, i got as a gift for xmas, 135$ tickets in back of the visiting Feb 11 vs Atlanta.  I can't wait to go as the last time i went and see a hockey game was game 6 vs Boston where we won and moved on to the next round.  Ah good times  :pirate:

569710[/snapback]

I was wondering when you were going to chime in!

The hot molson ex girls!!! I haven't run into them yet. Montreal has a lot of beautiful ladies. It has to be heavenly when winter thaws and the ladies come out of hibernation.

I was wondering when you were going to chime in!

The hot molson ex girls!!!  I haven't run into them yet.  Montreal has a lot of beautiful ladies.  It has to be heavenly when winter thaws and the ladies come out of hibernation.

569768[/snapback]

lol ya we do, especially at my school. The molson ex girls are in the molson section, pretty decent priced seats. I remember going there for Montreal Carolina in the second round of the playoffs when Therien blew a gasket and we got cracked like 8-2. The girls there were so fine that we forgot about the game. Too bad we couldn't flirt our way into a few free 10$ beers.

Can you remember was the yellow sections ok?  I have seriously heard that if you sit up in the upper orange and purple it's like sitting on a cliff.

569593[/snapback]

I was in the Gray (Gris) section 314 when I went to see the World Cup. It was up there. While quite neurotic anyways, being on rooftops, cliffs, ladders, climbing trees and looking down steep inclines exagerates the condition. Point being is that it is up there and it is steep (not just the price). Would I do it again? Definitely! You can enjoy the game in the "bleeds" without spending too much. I don't know anything about the yellows nor the oranges. Perhaps meazza21 can provide specifics. Also, there was a guy MarcinMontreal (sp?) who used to post on this board who may know more. Maybe try a Habs board.

Here is a link to the Bell Centre seating chart:

http://www.tickco.com/sc/559-1119/

One of the things that I will remember about the game that I attended was that every time Mario Lemieux touched the puck, the crowd went off!