Why Ralph Wilson isn't in the Hall of Fame

Gambler

hmmm, the afl, the afl-nfl merger, revenue sharing, 2 afl championships, 4 afc championships, 46 years in the same city, first guy to sell naming rights of the stadium, floating a loan to the pats and raiders so they wouldn't fold, etc.  Listen, the guy has been in the nfl for 50  years and has been instrumental to building the game we see today.  Age spots and painful press conferences at age 90 wouldn't sway my vote if i had one. 

The real truth is the guy has somehow been blackballed.  He'll get into the HOF no more than one year after his death.

568303[/snapback]

So he was in the right place at the right time. I will give him this: He had the balls to invest in a fledgling league going up against teh NFL. I guess you could make a argument for the HOF based on that. After that is seems, to quote a pop punk song "It's all downhill from here". Cant think of anything exceptional the guy has done except make money selling an inferior product. The Bills clearly would have been better off with someone else at the helm all these years. Sometimes I wish that someone dynamic like Mark Cuban would buy the team just to inject some sort of new perspective. A fresh approach.