Biggest Problem with Haslett

MrLocke

I know Cowher is really part of Schottenhiemer's tree, but when you look at Cowher's coaching tree it's not very impressive.

Chan Gailey- Moderately succesful in Dallas.

Mularkey- We know enough about him.

Dick Lebeau- Yeah I know Cinci was a tough place to win.

Dom Capers- had some early success in Carolina and a good DC, but hasn't done much lately.

Haslett- We have talked enough about him lately.

Cowher's coordinators haven't made great head coaches and it is for this reason I do not want Haslett. I am getting sick of football people associated with Pittsburgh and it is time to look someplace else.

That is an excellent point. If TD was in search of a new coach, he would probably favor Haslett as well. We fired TD for picking bad coaches.

We need a coach that has a proven track record of winning. My top three choices:

1. Jim Mora

2. Dan Reeves

3. Mike Sherman

sweet. do you have swayze on yahoo?

in reference to the coaching tree thing, i just don't know. I simply cannot buy that all coaches under the bill walsh tree are great, all under cower suck, and all under levy... well, there aren't under levy. As long as TD isn't hirning the pittsburgh people, its all good. I think we all know what was the problem before, and it wasn't pittsburgh.

That is an excellent point.  If TD was in search of a new coach, he would probably favor Haslett as well.  We fired TD for picking bad coaches.

We need a coach that has a proven track record of winning.  My top three choices:

1.  Jim Mora

2.  Dan Reeves

3.  Mike Sherman

568279[/snapback]

Jim Mora? I hope you're joking.

As for the Cowher coaching tree, I poted this exact same thing a few months ago:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=36715&hl=

I think part of the reason the Cowher tree is bad is that a lot of these guys get picked before they have enough experience. Mularkey may be great head coaching material--but he just wasn't ready.

I know Cowher is really part of Schottenhiemer's tree, but when you look at Cowher's coaching tree it's not very impressive.

Dom Capers- had some early success in Carolina and a good DC, but hasn't done much lately.

Cowher's coordinators haven't made great head coaches and it is for this reason I do not want Haslett. I am getting sick of football people associated with Pittsburgh and it is time to look someplace else.

568265[/snapback]

you're forgetting marvin lewis.

568265[/snapback]

At least Haslett wants to be here. To these other guys, Buffalo is a border outpost and/or a means to other ends or the only choice left. Haslett is a decent coach with experience, but most importantly, is interested in the job, has a feel for the community and could bring some pride, respect and identity to this team that has been sorely missing during the TD era.

At least Haslett wants to be here.  To these other guys, Buffalo is a border outpost and/or a means to other ends or the only choice left.  Haslett is a decent coach with experience, but most importantly, is interested in the job, has a feel for the community and could bring some pride, respect and identity to this team that has been sorely missing during the TD era.

568299[/snapback]

I agree. That keeps getting overlooked. If we nab another coordinator, it's a stepping stone on the way up in the world. There's a lot to be said for landing your dream job.

Jim Mora? I hope you're joking.

As for the Cowher coaching tree, I poted this exact same thing a few months ago:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=36715&hl=

I think part of the reason the Cowher tree is bad is that a lot of these guys get picked before they have enough experience. Mularkey may be great head coaching material--but he just wasn't ready.

568285[/snapback]

What's wrong with Jim Mora?