Hey AKC...You Were Balls-On Accurate About Brady

IDBillzFan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You saw him start to lose it on their first series. A Bronco defender came flying after him, the play was blown dead for false start, the defender bumped Brady a bit, pulled off, Brady started to go after him and began throwing his hand up like he just threw a TD pass. For the rest of the game, he was never the same old Brady.

568008[/snapback]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw his B word like, drama queen, arms flailing around like a two year old act. This screams to me the real Tom Brady and I'm glad it finally rose to the top. What the hell happened to Mr. Cool?

Yeah. Brady is a B word.

Unfortunately, for the past 5 years, the Bills have been Brady's B word.

:pirate:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw his B word like, drama queen, arms flailing around like a two year old act.  This screams to me the real Tom Brady and I'm glad it finally rose to the top.  What the hell happened to Mr. Cool?

569636[/snapback]

Yeah. Brady is a B word.

Unfortunately, for the past 5 years, the Bills have been Brady's B word.

:pirate:

569638[/snapback]

Last time I checked, I didn't see Takeo running around the field acting like a douche bag. Save your, "I'll take my 3 superbowl winning douche bag over your 6-10 cool guy" post. I hate Tom Brady. It's personal. I hate that !@#$er. My wife is a patriots fans and she is sick of his act.

IMO what happened Saturday in Denver was brought on by decision making from the Pat’s head coach and his players reaction to it. In the final regular season game the Pats threw the game in order to avoid facing the Steelers in the Wild Card round. Every Pat player knew it, most fans of any ilk who watched the game knew it, but the decision that cost Belichick the most this past Saturday was his choice to deny the obvious flop to the press.

These Pats had been built upon an effective coaching strategy where the Head Coach could be left to develop big picture concepts while allowing the public tone to be set by his Coordinators. This arrangement resulted in a team with quiet confidence and a belief they could beat any team in the league, and those things on most Sundays proved to be just enough to put the Pats over the top.

The season for the Pats began to unravel while Belichick snickered on the sidelines as the clock expired in the Dolphin surrender. He went on to exacerbate the decision to give the game away with BS like “ask the guys the Bengals beat if they want to play them again”. There are coaches out there who might do a credible job with this type of disingenuousness, but Bill Belichick isn’t one of them. Every player on his team know he didn’t want to play Pittsburgh the following week. For a team built upon confidence, there’s no better way to erode it than to tug at your collar and let the sweat bead on your forehead. Belichick spent a week doing both. The underlying confidence formerly set by their Coordinators was effectively vanquished by the actions of their HC and that resulted in their QB publicly whining about respect. And that kind of action is far more Terrel Owens than Joe Montana.

Even with Belichick’s poor choices, this Saturday we saw the same Patriots defense they’ve ridden to three league titles come out and play a very good game of football against a Denver team playing at home. We saw the Pat’s QB face a little pressure, the kind most NFL QB’s face every time they take the field. We saw other things we see in almost every NFL game- a dropped pass and a fumble. From some of the posts in this string you’d think those were as rare as drop kicks. And what we saw, even with the type of defensive efforts that makes winners out of good QBs, was a failure to keep the wheels on their offense. The 5 pins hammered into Al Wilson’s hand last week prevented a Denver INT for a Touchdown although the ball was “thrown right to him”. Denver’s offense saw their QB sacked twice, while the Denver defense ended up without a single sack. They put a little pressure on NE and turned that pressure into mistakes by the NE QB that assured Denver the win.

And so begins just another in the long historical lines of the diminishing importance of the “great QBs”. Both of this playoffs supposed “great QBs” looked humble- or less- this past weekend. Which simply means that this year, joining Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Kurt Warner will be one of the Jakes or maybe Matt Hasselback or Ben Roethlisberger as quarterbacks “good enough” to quarterback a Super Bowl winner. Because after all, in the context of the balance of the play on the field isn’t that all the guys playing the position when their team wins the big game really are- good enough to quarterback a winning Super Bowl team?

Bruschi is 10-1. Seymour is 10-1. Bellyache is 10-1. So I can say THE PATRIOTS are 10-1 in the playoffs. Brady just happens to play for them. They could win those games without Brady.

567930[/snapback]

Succinctly put. For fans not to recognize that the Brady skill set is far more Drew Brees than John Elway is amusing- and I have little doubt the slightly stronger armed but equally adept at reading the field Brees would have had similar success to Brady given the great defense they've played complimented by the best protection scheme in the NFL on the O side of the ball for the past 4 seasons.

And so begins just another in the long historical lines of the diminishing importance of the “great QBs”. Both of this playoffs supposed “great QBs” looked humble- or less- this past weekend. Which simply means that this year, joining Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Kurt Warner will be one of the Jakes or maybe Matt Hasselback or Ben Roethlisberger as quarterbacks “good enough” to quarterback a Super Bowl winner. Because after all, in the context of the balance of the play on the field isn’t that all the guys playing the position when their team wins the big game really are- good enough to quarterback a winning Super Bowl team?

569684[/snapback]

Excellent post, AKC.

Has there ever been another supposedly "HOF" QB that has had as many people making excuses for why he's the "best" when a team wins, and why it wasn't his fault when they lost? Mr. Canton "orchestrated" this dynastic offense to 6 points over the first 52 minutes of the contest, only getting the TD in garbage time...the same offense that went 4-7 against teams with winning records this year.

I don't know why anyone should be surprised at the outcome of this game. It's what should be expected from a slightly better-than-mediocre system QB.

Excellent post, AKC.

Has there ever been another supposedly "HOF" QB that has had as many people making excuses for why he's the "best" when a team wins, and why it wasn't his fault when they lost?   Mr. Canton "orchestrated" this dynastic offense to 6 points over the first 52 minutes of the contest, only getting the TD in garbage time...the same offense that went 4-7 against teams with winning records this year.

I don't know why anyone should be surprised at the outcome of this game.  It's what should be expected from a slightly better-than-mediocre system QB.

569701[/snapback]

You inspire an interesting question- would the Pats have won Sunday with Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer at QB?

You inspire an interesting question- would the Pats have won Sunday with Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer at QB?

569706[/snapback]

Hmmm....well, you'd have to go back and analyze whether they've ever thrown an INT in the endzone in a playoff game. A game-swinging blunder that would get many QBs lambasted in the press. The single-most crucial play of the entire game. Interesting premise.

Hmmm....well, you'd have to go back and analyze whether they've ever thrown an INT in the endzone in a playoff game.  A game-swinging blunder that would get many QBs lambasted in the press.  The single-most crucial play of the entire game.  Interesting premise.

569717[/snapback]

Are you suggesting that this massive game-turning error is not being discussed in the local media as "the single-most crucial play of the entire game?" If not, what are they saying was the problem?

With Kevin Faulk and David Givens as his RB and WR, any QB could succeed in NE.

569744[/snapback]

In your haste to make excuses, don't forget Corey Dillon (the leading rusher for the Pats on Saturday and #3 league-wide in 2004), or Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch!

Are you suggesting that this massive game-turning error is not being discussed in the local media as "the single-most crucial play of the entire game?" If not, what are they saying was the problem?

569741[/snapback]

Well, LA, it seems that there was a PI call in the second quarter that they feel was even more critical than an INT in the endzone. That call led to an eventual TD for Denver (well...it didn't give them the TD, Denver actually had to score), with the score now Denver 7-Pats 3. They consider that the more critical play, even though there was an entire half of football yet to be played with the Pats only down by 4 points...a not insurmountable lead if you have a HOF QB leading a dynasty.

In your haste to make excuses, don't forget Corey Dillon (the leading rusher for the Pats on Saturday and #3 league-wide in 2004), or Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch!

569753[/snapback]

Or the fact that they said Givens had seven straight playoff games with a TD. Or Ben Watson whose 63 yard rumble in the Jax game sealed it?

Poor Brady. It really is a shame he has no weapons. How did he do it all by himself?

He certainly has weapons. They just pale in comparison to the weapons on the Colts. Thats just IMO.

Or the fact that they said Givens had seven straight playoff games with a TD.  Or Ben Watson whose 63 yard rumble in the Jax game sealed it?

Poor Brady.  It really is a shame he has no weapons.  How did he do it all by himself?

569764[/snapback]

They just pale in comparison to the weapons on the Colts. 

569775[/snapback]

So Corey Dillon "pales in comparison" to Edgerrin James and Deion Branch "pales in comparison to old man Harrison?

Add to this the fact that you've got to ignore that you have NEVER during the Brady regime seen the NE blocking scheme repetitively ignore the edge rusher as happened to Manning yesterday in crunch time on consecutive plays.

Just how many of you are there in that Barrel LA mentioned?