Matt Schaub last night for Falcons

zow2

Get a clue.  Vick has proven nothing other than he's a RB playing QB.

2191[/snapback]

Man, I'd say beating Green Bay at Lambeau in the play-offs would be considered a mild accomplishment, at the very least. Maybe you need to get the clue.

Man,  I'd say beating Green Bay at Lambeau in the play-offs would be considered a mild accomplishment,  at the very least.  Maybe you need to get the clue.

2583[/snapback]

"Michael Vick didn't put up impressive numbers or make any game-breaking plays, but he continually escaped from the Green Bay pass rush and made plays when it appeared there were none. He completed 13-of-25 passes for 117 yards and one touchdown and added 64 yards on the ground."

Wow! I guess Vick plays defense too (like Brady) seeing as the Packers only scored 7 points.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Before Phil Rivers had such a stellar postseason, there were a number of pundits who rated Schaub the better QB in the ACC.

2246[/snapback]

That is TOTAL BS!!!! Virginia didn't have the kind of injury problems that we had, losing our starting center and starting WR for the season, and missing our starting RB for some games! Rivers played for 4 years, and Schaub wasn't even the STARTING QB at Virginia for THREE years, much less 4!!!

Trust me, I doubt the pundits you speak of knew what in the HECK they were talking about! Rivers was #1, Schaub was #2. PERIOD.

From CNN SI:

RIVERS BIO: ACC Player of the Year as a senior after passing numbers of 72 percent/4,491/34/7, leading the nation in completion percentage as well as passing efficiency (170.49). Set ACC single-season records for total offense (4,600), total touchdowns (37), passing yards and completion percentage. Threw 124 straight passes without an interception. Junior totals were 62.7 percent/3,353/20/10 after 62.5 percent/2,586/16/7. Broke into the starting lineup as a true freshman and named ACC Rookie of the Year after numbers of 53.7 percent/3,054/25/10. Second-leading passer in NCAA history with 13,484 career passing yards and set a record with 51 career starts at quarterback. Awarded all-academic honors several times in college.

SCHAUB BIO: Posted passing numbers of 69.7 percent/2,952/18/10 as a senior with an efficiency rating of 141.03, even though he suffered an injury to his passing shoulder during the first game of the season. ACC Offensive Player of the Year as a junior after starting 14 games and throwing for 68.9 percent/2,976/28/7. Started six games under center as a sophomore and compiled 58.3 percent/1,524/10/8.

That is TOTAL BS!!!! Virginia didn't have the kind of injury problems that we had, losing our starting center and starting WR for the season, and missing our starting RB for some games! Rivers played for 4 years, and Schaub wasn't even the STARTING QB at Virginia for THREE years, much less 4!!!

Trust me, I doubt the pundits you speak of knew what in the HECK they were talking about! Rivers was #1, Schaub was #2. PERIOD.

2638[/snapback]

TigerJ is right prior to the Post season it was Schaub rated higher,and just so you know they don't rate players based on how many years they start or factor in how many injuries your team had

TigerJ is right prior to the Post season it was Schaub rated higher,and just so you know they don't rate players based on how many years they start or factor in how many injuries your team had

2648[/snapback]

Rivers was certainly a very good college player, but there were many questions about his sidearm delivery and how that would work in the NFL.

Time will tell.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

2648[/snapback]

I SINCERELY doubt you can tell anyone with a straight face that Matt Schaub was a better QB in the ACC than Philip Rivers. I'd like to know who these people are that did this 'rating'. They need to have their head examined, REGARDLESS of injuries or NOT. In terms of mobility, arm strength, awareness, intelligence, and a winning way, Philip Rivers has it ALL. Last year, in Carter Finley, I was there to see Rivers beat Schaub in a head-to-head matchup, putting 40+ points on the board in a VERY exciting win. I will miss his abilities and the football magic he brought to Raleigh.

I SINCERELY doubt you can tell anyone with a straight face that Matt Schaub was a better QB in the ACC than Philip Rivers. I'd like to know who these people are that did this 'rating'. They need to have their head examined, REGARDLESS of injuries or NOT. In terms of mobility, arm strength, awareness, intelligence, and a winning way, Philip Rivers has it ALL. Last year, in Carter Finley, I was there to see Rivers beat Schaub in a head-to-head matchup, putting 40+ points on the board in a VERY exciting win. I will miss his abilities and the football magic he brought to Raleigh.

2654[/snapback]

So who are you arguing with me or the rating, because I never gave an opinion on the matter one way or the other All I was pointing out that starting years and injuries has nothing to do with a qb's rating thats about as moronic as your head to head crap, I guess that means every team that beat NC State last year had a better QB than Rivers.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
So who are you arguing with me or the rating, because I never gave an opinion on the matter one way or the other All I was pointing out that starting years and injuries has nothing to do with a qb's rating thats about as moronic as your head to head crap, I guess that means every team that beat NC State last year had a better QB than Rivers.

2674[/snapback]

Well OK then. I'm arguing with the rating. Who are these guys that RATED Schaub higher than Rivers? YOU SAID he was rated higher.. you AGREED! So, WHO rated him higher then, since you agree?

And I NEVER SAID head to head was a factor... NEVER. I just said I was there, and Rivers outplayed Schaub.

"Michael Vick didn't put up impressive numbers or make any game-breaking plays, but he continually escaped from the Green Bay pass rush and made plays when it appeared there were none. He completed 13-of-25 passes for 117 yards and one touchdown and added 64 yards on the ground."

Wow!  I guess Vick plays defense too (like Brady) seeing as the Packers only scored 7 points.

2589[/snapback]

Just win baby. Once again, get a clue.

Archived