You know it's a sad day in Bills land...

ofiba

Kind of tough to celebrate BILLS' wins in mid-January.

567660[/snapback]

Well of course. I was simply making the point that there is a good chance more people were happy about the Pats losing tonight, than the Bills last win. Not a knock on the fans, just on the state of the Bills.

Well of course.  I was simply making the point that there is a good chance more people were happy about the Pats losing tonight, than the Bills last win.  Not a knock on the fans, just on the state of the Bills.

567661[/snapback]

I know I was...but then again I live in Boston in heart of the Patsy mania.

The best part of my night was my roommate going to bed early because he "couldn't watch anymore"...and this was in the third quarter! Typical of most Pats fans I've met.

Well of course.  I was simply making the point that there is a good chance more people were happy about the Pats losing tonight, than the Bills last win.  Not a knock on the fans, just on the state of the Bills.

567661[/snapback]

i find it hard as a bills fan not to be happy about them losing tonight....the bills had to fight for everything they got, against the referees, the league, and the quirks of fate, while these patsies have had everything handed to them....they are not a great team, yet are treated as one because most of the espn staff is from the n.e. area. they earned little, but gained much. they are the polar opposite of our bills, and thats why they are our greatest rival. i revel in their loss because they are soooooo deserving of it. too bad wittle tommy bwady still needs to have his stomach pumped like rod stewart...such a shame!!!!!!

567661[/snapback]

I was very happy with tonight loss by the Pats.

The Bills last victory vs Cinci was not very satisfying at all, knowing coaches and/or players kicked into some higher gear for some reason (to save MM's job, they figured?). So, why didn't they play like that 12 weeks ago?

Pats lo-o-o-se! Woo-hoo.

I was very happy with tonight loss by the Pats.

The Bills last victory vs Cinci was not very satisfying at all, knowing coaches and/or players kicked into some higher gear for some reason (to save MM's job, they figured?). So, why didn't they play like that 12 weeks ago?

Pats lo-o-o-se! Woo-hoo.

567779[/snapback]

The Bills played OK--but CINCI stunk--lkook at their last three games total....The Bills shouldnt look at that game and be too proud..they beat an overrated and unmotivated Cinci team

The Bills' last win, against Cincy, at the time was thought to have saved the jobs of TD, MM, and co., and it dropped the Bills from 3rd to 8th in the draft. It was a bad win over an overrated team that meant nothing in the grand scheme of things, except as I mentioned, the drop in draft position.

My sentiments exactly. We've become the Cardinals, a laughingstock.

567875[/snapback]

Not even close, brother. The Cardinals woes are long and deep covering many, many years. We've only been a laughingstock for the past five or so. Anything else is predicated on four consecutive SB losses, and any knowledgeable fan today will recognize that we got to four consecutive SBs before they start pointing out that we lost them.

Not even close, brother. The Cardinals woes are long and deep covering many, many years. We've only been a laughingstock for the past five or so. Anything else is predicated on four consecutive SB losses, and any knowledgeable fan today will recognize that we got to four consecutive SBs before they start pointing out that we lost them.

567883[/snapback]

It's been 6 years since we've made the playoffs, and ten since we've won a playoff game.

That's Cardinalesque.

Yeah, the Super Bowl years were fun. But they ultimately were a failure.

It's been 6 years since we've made the playoffs, and ten since we've won a playoff game.

That's Cardinalesque.

567884[/snapback]

But the Cardinals have no hope of making the playoffsa any time in the next century. I believe we do.

Cheer up, JSP. We'll start again in April when new flowers bloom and hope springs eternal and we will once again lift our arms triumphantly and strongly as we prepare for a new season of football.

Unless repeatedly saying how much all of this sucks makes you feel better. :(

Unless repeatedly saying how much all of this sucks makes you feel better. :unsure:

567887[/snapback]

I'm big on catharsis :blink:

Maybe if the Bills have a MAJOR infusion of talent on the lines, I'll start to believe again. Maybe. But, IMO, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and again and expecting different results.

:(

That's Cardinalesque.

567884[/snapback]

And we only have ourselves to blame?

According to some not ten other teams had better drafts over the past five years than TD did.

Both H coaches he hired will be very good Head coaches in the NFL - someday.

We've got a state-of-the-art practice facility and great training camp facility.

Management opened up the wallet to bring in some big free agents.

What went wrong?

All signs point in one direction - the fans.

I blame myself for thinking impure thoughts.

I'm big on catharsis :w00t:

Maybe if the Bills have a MAJOR infusion of talent on the lines, I'll start to believe again. Maybe. But, IMO, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and again and expecting different results.

:(

567890[/snapback]

:unsure::blink::angry:

I'll always believe. Otherwise there's no sense watching.