I gained a little bit of respect for Brady tonight

ofiba

In his press conference he smiled, sat up there like a man, answered questions, and said he got beat. He didn't pout, he didn't make excuses. His head coach on the other hand carried on like a baby and played the ol' rope a dope so reporters stopped asking questions. Brady at least had some dignity. He's a lot easier to like when he loses, but he's still a punk!

In his press conference he smiled, sat up there like a man, answered questions, and said he got beat.  He didn't pout, he didn't make excuses.  His head coach on the other hand carried on like a baby and played the ol' rope a dope so reporters stopped answering questions.  Brady at least had some dignity.  He's a lot easier to like when he loses, but he's still a punk!

567641[/snapback]

In my mind there still is no question who the best QB in the league is. And his name isn't Manning.

I'm glad the Pats lost. I'm glad the love fest is over...but they will still be the team to beat as long as number 12 is taking the snaps in my mind.

In my mind there still is no question who the best QB in the league is. And his name isn't Manning.

I'm glad the Pats lost. I'm glad the love fest is over...but they will still be the team to beat as long as number 12 is taking the snaps in my mind.

567643[/snapback]

In my mind there still is no question who the best QB in the league is ... and his name IS Manning.

His brain alone could'nt fit into Brady's ego. He comes up to the line. Reads the defense like a college student would read a 1st grade book and then exploits the heck out of it.

Best QB in the league = Manning

One of the best ever after he wins a SB = Manning

In my mind there still is no question who the best QB in the league is ... and his name IS Manning.

His brain alone could'nt fit into Brady's ego. He comes up to the line. Reads the defense like a college student would read a 1st grade book and then exploits the heck out of it.

Best QB in the league = Manning

One of the best ever after he wins a SB = Manning

567664[/snapback]

Three rings to none. 10-1 in the playoffs and unbelievable in the clutch. All things Manning is not.

Manning is the better passer. Brady is the better leader. I'll take Brady.

Does he become illiterate in January?  How's that work?

567668[/snapback]

[Groucho Marx]Tell you what, lets talk deal right now...we'll get down to brass tacks. Now Brady is broken...we all know that, he's never coming back after tonight's loss. We'll give you our amazing #8 overall pick for your dingy old Brady, whadya say, we got ourselves a deal? Of course we do...I'll break out the cubans and we'll celebrate...you made a wise choice my friend, very wise. [/Groucho]

Does he become illiterate in January?  How's that work?

567668[/snapback]

MadBuffalo kinda beat me too it. But here are my 2 answers:

1. Until last year, the CB's could basically rape the WR's until they got the interception. Thus the 5 yard bump rule was reinforced last year (known well as the "Ty Law rule)

2. He is going against a defensive mastermind in Bill Belichick

BTW: What happened to the Patriots when they played the Colts this year?

Three rings to none. 10-1 in the playoffs and unbelievable in the clutch. All things Manning is not.

Manning is the better passer. Brady is the better leader.  I'll take Brady.

567674[/snapback]

Brady fits well into a system and is a better leader. But the question is : who is the better QB. Well that is simple. The better pure QB is Peyton Manning. In fact, once he wins a ring (if he does), he will probably be listed in the top 5 as one of the best pure QB's ever. I cant remember another QB who was able to read a defense as well as Manning can ... and this is coming from a Bills fan. Im not a biast Colts fan.

Brady fits well into a system and is a better leader. But the question is : who is the better QB. Well that is simple. The better pure QB is Peyton Manning. In fact, once he wins a ring (if he does), he will probably listed in the top 5 as one of the best pure QB's ever. I cant remember another QB who was able to read a defense as well as Manning can ... and this is coming from a Bills fan. Im not a biast Colts fan.

567677[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Manning is bad or not a good QB. Picking between Manning and Brady is like choosing between a Porsche and a Ferrari. Either way you win.

I just measure a QB in his ability to win games more than his abilities as a pure passer. Manning has to show me he can win the big game. He couldn't in college, he hasn't thus far in the pros. Doesn't mean he won't (I think he will get a ring or two at some point but not this year), but till he does, he will always be the second best QB in the NFL right now to me.

1. Until last year, the CB's could basically rape the WR's until they got the interception.

Meaningless hyperbole.

2. He is going against a defensive mastermind in Bill Belichick

So he can only read bad defenses, then?

BTW: What happened to the Patriots when they played the Colts this year?

They lost.

But that wasn't in January, as I recall.

Manning is a great QB, but he historically does not play well on the biggest stage. This goes all the way back to college ball.

He could well break that trend this year, but he has a ways to go before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Brady where it matters most.

Brady fits well into a system and is a better leader. But the question is : who is the better QB. Well that is simple. The better pure QB is Peyton Manning. In fact, once he wins a ring (if he does), he will probably be listed in the top 5 as one of the best pure QB's ever. I cant remember another QB who was able to read a defense as well as Manning can ... and this is coming from a Bills fan. Im not a biast Colts fan.

567677[/snapback]

See you went and put the word pure in there, and that gets me thinking Marino, the best pure passer ever...

Who would you rather have as your QB: Marino, or Montana?

Same question, only 20 years later: Manning or Brady?

Yep, I'd take Montana too.

But that wasn't in January, as I recall.

567679[/snapback]

You do know what a hyperbole is ... right?

Anyway.

They could have had the chance to play the Colts again in January ... but ... oh wait ... the New England Patriots lost ... Tom Brady didnt ... the Patriots did. :(

In my opinion, I think the Colts are taking it all this year. I just think its going to happen. I suppose we will see though.

I think Vic Carucci said it best about Peyton Manning

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7449989

See you went and put the word pure in there, and that gets me thinking Marino, the best  pure passer ever...

Who would you rather have as your QB:  Marino, or Montana? 

Same question, only 20 years later:  Manning or Brady?

Yep, I'd take Montana too.

567682[/snapback]

It depends on the team. Most of the time I would take Marino. He was the better QB. Put Montana on the Dolphins and see what he does. He would'nt have won a Super Bowl either. Put Dan Marino on the 49ers and I bet he wins nearly as many as Montana did. Thats the point. Most of the time it is the team around and the system - Marino was a better QB than Montana and Manning is a better QB than Brady. But Montana and Brady have a better team and a better system.

That being said, I think Manning will be better than Marino after this year, because I think he will have a SB ring at that point.

You do know what a hyperbole is ... right?

Certainly. Do you?

"exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally."

Bringing up the concept of rape in a discussion about illegal contact penalties = hyperbole.

Saying that DBs could "basically rape" WRs before Bill Polian got the illegal contact emphasis enacted = hyperbole

I don't see them getting past the Panthers. Just a hunch.

567690[/snapback]

hmm ... Im not sure who is going to win the Panthers/Bears game tomorrow ... If I had to bet money I would put it on the Panthers ... but thats gonna be a good game I think.

... and I really dont know if Carolina's defense can stop the Colts offense. It is the best offense of the past 10 years in my opinion.

And if the defense can play well, I think they can stop the Panthers offense. Lets face it - the Bills shut down Steve Smith and nearly beat the Panthers. Freeney should have a pretty easy time getting too Delhomme ...

Colts - 31

Panthers - 20

If I had to guess

Certainly.  Do you?

"exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally."

Bringing up the concept of rape in a discussion about illegal contact penalties = hyperbole.

567692[/snapback]

Yes but I wasn't exaggerating ... did you watch that horrid game? Was it the Division playoff game or the AFC Champ game a couple of years ago? I thought there was going to be charges brought against Law for the rape of Marvin Harrison and company.

hmm ... Im not sure who is going to win the Panthers/Bears game tomorrow ... If I had to bet money I would put it on the Panthers ... but thats gonna be a good game I think.

... and I really dont know if Carolina's defense can stop the Colts offense. It is the best offense of the past 10 years in my opinion.

And if the defense can play well, I think they can stop the Panthers offense. Lets face it - the Bills shut down Steve Smith and nearly beat the Panthers. Freeney should have a pretty easy time getting too Delhomme ...

Colts - 31

Panthers - 20

If I had to guess

567693[/snapback]

We'll see! There's a reason I don't bet on sports. I'm always wrong on predictions, so I think I just jinxed the panthers and assured Manning of his ring. :(:unsure: