You people are laughable.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what your problem is? You didn't have Denver -3 with your book. And you surely didn't have Denver -3 parlayed to under 45. Plus, you'd be a totally different person if you did, especially if you had Seattle -9 earlier today.

Na-na-na-na na-na-na-na...hey, heeeeyy! Good-bye.

NE has been great against crappy teams, but utterly useless against good teams.

Johnny Coli...I hope Monday is a dream come true for you.

Hooray! The Paytoilets lost! Yay us! That means sh--. sh--, I say. Hooray. They lost, woo hoo! Now can I please have the Bills have one of their 3 Super Bowl wins?

567482[/snapback]

Tough guy republican is now tough guy Bills fan too?

That's the first time in a long time a Patriots team "gave" a game away. Unbelievable. 24 of Denver's 27 points the direct result of turnovers. Pats dominated play after the 1st quarter, but Denver and Plummer certainly deserve credit for (a) capitalizing on their opportunities and (b) putting the game away on the last drive that started w/ 8 minutes to go.

Of course, it's not all that difficult to put TDs on the board when you're given two first downs on the 1 yard line after a non-existent PI call and a 99 yard INT return.

Nonetheless, as a Bills' fan I'm happy that the "four in a row" SB streak is no longer in jeopardy.

Now, let's get right to interviewing Mangini, Pepper Johnson, and McDaniels, please?

IMO, rooting for the demise of the successful is a loser's mentality.

567523[/snapback]

It sure is. People rooting against the Pats on this board sound an awful lot like Red Sox fans of years past, who would rather sweep the season series with the Yankees than win a World Series.

Loser mentality at its best. But congrats to the Broncos... way to capitalize on six turnovers and leave the other team in it to the end. And congrats to the Pats on another ridiculous season of overcoming injuries and shutting a lot of people up. Hopefully our boys can kick their tails next year, but I don't see that happening for a long, long time... they'll be back (which sucks).

It sure is.  People rooting against the Pats on this board sound an awful lot like Red Sox fans of years past, who would rather sweep the season series with the Yankees than win a World Series. 

Loser mentality at its best.  But congrats to the Broncos... way to capitalize on six turnovers and leave the other team in it to the end.  And congrats to the Pats on another ridiculous season of overcoming injuries and shutting a lot of people up.  Hopefully our boys can kick their tails next year, but I don't see that happening for a long, long time... they'll be back (which sucks).

567820[/snapback]

That's my point exactly. Woo hoo, so they're only 10-1 with Brady at QB in the playoffs with THREE Super Bowl wins. News flash: They'll still win the East next year, and even if they don't the fish will. We're still NO closer to a SB of our own, and I really honestly doubt that Marv and Ralph have what it takes to build a winner. Never forget a young man (Polian) built the team that almost won it for us.

Am I bitter, sure I am. Do I wish it was the Bills rather than the Pats who had that kind of success? Absolutely. But should I resent or hate them because they're successful? Hell no! That's unamerican.

But should I resent or hate them because they're successful? Hell no! That's unamerican.

567870[/snapback]

That's not why I hate the Patsies, though. I have a whole list of teams I despise, another list of ones I like, and a list of those about which I am indifferent (that's the longest list of all).

Once upon a time I actually liked the Patriots. McPherson was the coach, a classy guy, Grogan was the QB and stand-up guys like Hannah were on their line. I started hating the Patsies after the "Just Give it to Them™" game. There are reasons too numerous to list why I now hate the Patsies, but their success isn't one of them. Their success only means I have to watch them more frequently...

Get it?

P.S. One team on my perpetual hate list is Dallas. I never wish them any good fortune - ever!

That's not why I hate the Patsies, though. I have a whole list of teams I despise, another list of ones I like, and a list of those about which I am indifferent (that's the longest list of all).

Once upon a time I actually liked the Patriots. McPherson was the coach, a classy guy, Grogan was the QB and stand-up guys like Hannah were on their line. I started hating the Patsies after the "Just Give it to Them™" game. There are reasons too numerous to list why I now hate the Patsies, but their success isn't one of them. Their success only means I have to watch them more frequently...

Get it?

P.S. One team on my perpetual hate list is Dallas. I never wish them any good fortune - ever!

567899[/snapback]

Like I said, I'll always hate the Dolphins. But I dont' see the Patriots in the same light you do. Brady's no hot dog, nor is Branch or McGinest. They're just professionals who've done it in the clutch over and over again.

The fish and Pukes, OTOH are showboaters and hot-dogs. I can't stand that.

Like I said, I'll always hate the Dolphins. But I dont' see the Patriots in the same light you do. Brady's no hot dog, nor is Branch or McGinest. They're just professionals who've done it in the clutch over and over again.

The fish and Pukes, OTOH are showboaters and hot-dogs. I can't stand that.

567903[/snapback]

I guess "hate" is just a personal, subjective thing, eh? :(

(BTW, the old-time Cowboys under Landry were not showboaters or hotdogs. I've always hated them because they were the annointed "America's Team".)

I guess "hate" is just a personal, subjective thing, eh?  :(

(BTW, the old-time Cowboys under Landry were not showboaters or hotdogs. I've always hated them because they were the annointed "America's Team".)

567913[/snapback]

True enough. Landry was a class guy. But the Cowboys haven't been THAT team since Jerry Jones took over.

Now, I'm rooting for the Bears.