Takeo on espnews

Dan III

Did say we need to get busy in March Free Agency, finding help on both the OL and DL. Can't wait for the draft to solve it. Believes we need established Vets.

567014[/snapback]

He is GM material--sounds like he is willing to do some recruiting...which is really good news...Anything about his rehab???

Thanks for reporting....

He is GM material--sounds like he is willing to do some recruiting...which is really good news...Anything about his rehab??? 

Thanks for reporting....

567017[/snapback]

He says it's way ahead of schedule and he's pleased. That was stated by Doctors in a local article a couple weeks back, so it's not just Spikes stating that.

highlights:

still shocked about MM resigning

doesn't understand why MM fired great D-coaches and then quit

had great D-coaches, krumrie, blackmon, gray, "diamonds" and you can't replace "diamonds with cubic zirconia"

hopes new coach will bring them back

need an HC established credibility, not a 1st time HC

new HC must be strong leader, team lacking a "motto"

Bills do need a complete overhaul on the lines...I'm looking at the O-Line and think we MIGHT only have one starter on that squad, and he's getting up there in the age department (Villarial). I'm happy with Jason Peters' development, maybe an offseason of working strictly as an O-Lineman will give him another boost but right now he's just a decent backup.

On the D-Line...we really need two new DTs. Adams is talking his way right out of Buffalo and we'll save a nice chunk of change if we release him. And Edwards/Bannan/Anderson/Sape...uggghhh.

So yeah, Bills will be busy this offseason...at least I HOPE they will be.

Bills do need a complete overhaul on the lines...I'm looking at the O-Line and think we MIGHT only have one starter on that squad, and he's getting up there in the age department (Villarial).  I'm happy with Jason Peters' development, maybe an offseason of working strictly as an O-Lineman will give him another boost but right now he's just a decent backup.

On the D-Line...we really need two new DTs.  Adams is talking his way right out of Buffalo and we'll save a nice chunk of change if we release him.  And Edwards/Bannan/Anderson/Sape...uggghhh. 

So yeah, Bills will be busy this offseason...at least I HOPE they will be.

567027[/snapback]

I though Villarial was one of the biggest weaknesses on our line.

I though Villarial was one of the biggest weaknesses on our line.

567030[/snapback]

He struggled, but so did everyone...he played tough enough last year to make me think the constant dings just caught up with him this season. Happens to a lot of good O-Lineman. I'd rather hold onto him and see if he can reclaim his 2004 status with a better cast of O-Linemen around him.

highlights:

still shocked about MM resigning

doesn't understand why MM fired great D-coaches and then quit

had great D-coaches, krumrie, blackmon, gray, "diamonds" and you can't replace "diamonds with cubic zirconia"

hopes new coach will bring them back

need an HC established credibility, not a 1st time HC

new HC must be strong leader, team lacking a "motto"

567024[/snapback]

Not a ringing endorsement of Mularkey, is it? He may be shocked he left, but not disappointed.

PTR

I just hope that Marv listens to TKO and brings in a HC with experience.

Everything in Marv's history as HC (all that this almost 40 year old can remember) points to Marv bringing in someone with which he already has some sort of connection.

Also, as someone who was brought on board with the Bills after getting fired once himself, you have to think that he values experience as a teacher and that there are good coaches out there who were not neccessarily put in the best position the first time around.

That being said, the only reason that I hesitate on saying that it will definately be Haslett is I'm unsure if there is any previous relationship between the two.

just my 2 cents

I just hope that Marv listens to TKO and brings in a HC with experience.

Everything in Marv's history as HC (all that this almost 40 year old can remember) points to Marv bringing in someone with which he already has some sort of connection.

Also, as someone who was brought on board with the Bills after getting fired once himself, you have to think that he values experience as a teacher and that there are good coaches out there who were not neccessarily put in the best position the first time around.

That being said, the only reason that I hesitate on saying that it will definately be Haslett is I'm unsure if there is any previous relationship between the two.

just my 2 cents

567060[/snapback]

Levy is the one who cut Haslett from the Bills. I wonder if that has any negative significance, or if both understood the decision was fair because of Haslett's injury.

Did say we need to get busy in March Free Agency, finding help on both the OL and DL. Can't wait for the draft to solve it. Believes we need established Vets.

567014[/snapback]

Thanks, I forgot about that part.. TKO said something like: use FA to find established vets on the OL & DL and use the draft for the skill positions like DBs.

Levy is the one who cut Haslett from the Bills. I wonder if that has any negative significance, or if both understood the decision was fair because of Haslett's injury.

567104[/snapback]

I think that people are assuming that it will be Haslett because he is a former Bill. I think that what would be more indicative of Marv's direction will be who out there has an existing relationship with Marv. I firmly believe that he will want someone he is already comfortable with. Without researching it, my guess is that most of Marv's hires for OC,DC and assistant coaches were somehow "related" to Marv along the way.

And I thought we had no pass rush(3rd and lonnnnng..lol)-but i guess it was all the DTs fault.

567198[/snapback]

Yup.

We improve the interior of our D-Line, and it'll just be amazing how our OLBs and DEs will free up. The Bills have got to stop dicking around when it comes to improving along the lines this offseason...dont SAY you'll get better, go find the guys who'll MAKE you better.

Yup.

We improve the interior of our D-Line, and it'll just be amazing how our OLBs and DEs will free up.  The Bills have got to stop dicking around when it comes to improving along the lines this offseason...dont SAY you'll get better, go find the guys who'll MAKE you better.

567207[/snapback]

O Rly?