nooooooo! - is the writing on the wall?

"We have already told some coaches that we want to retain them and they're good with it," Levy said. "If we talk to another coaching candidate, we'll tell them that we've made this commitment (to the assistants) before we go through the interviewing process."

And in that remark, again, Levy sent up warning flares by saying "if" the Bills talk to other candidates.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...331/1007/SPORTS

Have they interviewed a minority candidate yet? No. So it is hypothetical. Marv will not just become head coach, that does not skirt the rules on interviewing.

I think once again in this sound bite, instant 24 news period people and press are overacting. The word "if" does not mean may or may not as some seem to think it does.

Have they interviewed a minority candidate yet?  No.  So it is hypothetical.  Marv will not just become head coach, that does not skirt the rules on interviewing.

I think once again in this sound bite, instant 24 news period people and press are overacting.  The word "if" does not mean may or may not as some seem to think it does.

566704[/snapback]

you may be right, but they may have in fact interviewed gray. his name has come up.

you may be right, but they may have in fact interviewed gray. his name has come up.

566705[/snapback]

Unfortunately we can not tell for Gray has said he was interested but never said he interviewed. Lots of people in press are making up stuff from "leaks" by janitors, dissatisified people fired and agents ordered in order of reliablilty.

that whole minority rule is so stupid... It's counterproductive and hypocritical. Not to make this a PPP thread, but it's the same as this example: One result of the application of the No Child Left Behind laws actually leaves children behind. I just have a hard time buying that every team has to have a token interview with a black guy, no matter his coaching skill, desire, or chance to have the job and call it legitimate. You've got a guy like Marv or Hasslet who openly WANT to coach the bills and would be good at it, but you have to interview Gray, who sucks and has no chance at the job, because he's black. Stupid. With that said though, interview gray, cottrell, or some other token black position coach and get it over with.

On a side note, does a team have to actually interview a minority, or do they just have to formally invite a minority to an interview? If i were a black coach who knew i'd have no chance at being a head coach, i sure would turn it down on principal.