Mike Sherman

obie_wan

What we're saying is the Sherman's time was up. There is/was a reason many of his assistant coaches left for worse situations. The reason is, they weren't Sherman "yes" men. Sherman surrounded himself with his buddies, and any coach that challenged him was told to butt out. Seriously. Many of those who have left have said as much. That right there is enough for me to believe it was time for him to move on.

And it isn't hard to believe considering he did the same thing as GM. In 2004, he didn't allow any of his scouts in the war room on draft day, essentially choosing to make every decision himself without being challenged. That's the guy's style.

For what its worth, here are some comments from a PAckers fan regarding Mike Sherman

"To me, Sherman's time was up, and the jury is out on McCarthy. I'm willing to give him time.

The other stuff does matter when you have assistants who don't want to be here and players who don't want to be here (the Mike McKenzie situation comes to mind). When you start losing talented people because your head coach has issues that creates a problem.

Exactly. How many players has Sherman run out? He runs off a guy like Mike McKenzie, yet can't seem to find a way to part ways with Cletidus Hunt? Doesn't make any sense. His 'guys' are always his guys, and more talented players and coaches have been alienated. Sherman wore out his welcome with a lot of people, including Ted Thompson

What we're saying is the Sherman's time was up. There is/was a reason many of his assistant coaches left for worse situations. The reason is, they weren't Sherman "yes" men. Sherman surrounded himself with his buddies, and any coach that challenged him was told to butt out. Seriously. Many of those who have left have said as much. That right there is enough for me to believe it was time for him to move on.

And it isn't hard to believe considering he did the same thing as GM. In 2004, he didn't allow any of his scouts in the war room on draft day, essentially choosing to make every decision himself without being challenged. That's the guy's style.

For what its worth, here are some comments from a PAckers fan regarding Mike Sherman

"To me, Sherman's time was up, and the jury is out on McCarthy. I'm willing to give him time.

The other stuff does matter when you have assistants who don't want to be here and players who don't want to be here (the Mike McKenzie situation comes to mind). When you start losing talented people because your head coach has issues that creates a problem.

Exactly. How many players has Sherman run out? He runs off a guy like Mike McKenzie, yet can't seem to find a way to part ways with Cletidus Hunt? Doesn't make any sense. His 'guys' are always his guys, and more talented players and coaches have been alienated. Sherman wore out his welcome with a lot of people, including Ted Thompson

566682[/snapback]

i agree. i've lived up here for 5 years and sherman has done nothing except make this team worse each year. he had the G.M. title taken away last year and was fired this year.

the only thing he has done better than MM was he doesn't seem to call the 3 yard pass in the flat on 3rd and 7 or the goal line, rarely calls the bumbling trick play and he sticks with his QB through thick and thin

(Favre barely played better than JP this year although Favre seems to get a pass based on history)

i do not want to see him as coach of the Bills.

i agree. i've lived up here for 5 years and sherman has done nothing except make this team worse each year. he had the G.M. title taken away last year and was fired this year.

the only thing he has done better than MM was he doesn't seem to call the 3 yard pass in the flat on 3rd and 7 or the goal line, rarely calls the bumbling trick play and he sticks with his QB through thick and thin

(Favre barely played better than JP this year although Favre seems to get a pass based on history)

i do not want to see him as coach of the Bills.

566688[/snapback]

You're right, Favre threw less then 50% completion this year and had a 64 QB rating.

Oh my mistake, no he didn't. He had a 71 rating which isn't good, but sure better then 64, and he completed more then 61% of his passes, and threw for almost 4000 yards. But I guess in your book that is the same as 1300 yards and 49% completion. :devil:

You're right, Favre threw less then 50% completion this year and had a 64 QB rating. 

Oh my mistake, no he didn't.  He had a 71 rating which isn't good, but sure better then 64, and he completed more then 61% of his passes, and threw for almost 4000 yards.  But I guess in your book that is the same as 1300 yards and 49% completion.  :devil:

566694[/snapback]

it's not worth getting in a fight over but Favre played terribly this year and threw game losing interceptions numerous times- forcing the ball when he did not have to. he looked like a rookie out there.

if stats were the only thing to go by than why was Rob Johnson run out of town?

Oh my mistake, no he didn't.  He had a 71 rating which isn't good, but sure better then 64, and he completed more then 61% of his passes, and threw for almost 4000 yards.  But I guess in your book that is the same as 1300 yards and 49% completion.  :doh:

566694[/snapback]

What are you talking about? Why are you apparantly trying to refute something Robert never said? Is this supposed to be funny or clever? I don't understand these posts.

Wow. Let me cancel any previous (blind) endorsements of Sherman.

He thinks his sh1t don't stink, eh? Fugg him.

Not allowing any scouts in the war room on draft day?! What a pig.

Not a guy I would want for the BIlls HC.

Thanks for the Packer fans feedback!