One thing in favor of hiring Haslett

VABills

We played NO last year, and they beat us. He had to scout us, and our players. He know what we do well, and obviously what our holes are. So he has one up over other people in really being able to evealuate our team.

That said, he obviously knows how to get the most out of the Dline. That was one thing that NO's had right.

Also, there defense and offense were both much better then ours statistically and that was even missing their best WR (Horn) most of the year, the #2 missed some time because of injuries, plus they missed their best weapon in Mcallister. Granted they won only 3 games, but they had a tough division in Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Atlanta.

I don't think he is the best person available, but he knew how to beat us, and knows our team better then our previous coach, who shall not be named. :devil:

We played NO last year, and they beat us.  He had to scout us, and our players.  He know what we do well, and obviously what our holes are.  So he has one up over other people in really being able to evealuate our team. 

That said, he obviously knows how to get the most out of the Dline.  That was one thing that NO's had right. 

Also, there defense and offense were both much better then ours statistically and that was even missing their best WR (Horn) most of the year, the #2 missed some time because of injuries, plus they missed their best weapon in Mcallister. Granted they won only 3 games, but they had a tough division in Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Atlanta. 

I don't think he is the best person available, but he knew how to beat us, and knows our team better then our previous coach, who shall not be named.  :devil:

566681[/snapback]

our brilliant ex-coach did more to beat us by refusing to run Willis after he gouged the Saints in the first quarter.

The other nugget of wisdom haslett discoverd is that Nate Clements is severly overrated as he sure couldn't cover Stalworth

We played NO last year, and they beat us.  He had to scout us, and our players.  He know what we do well, and obviously what our holes are.  So he has one up over other people in really being able to evealuate our team. 

That said, he obviously knows how to get the most out of the Dline.  That was one thing that NO's had right. 

I don't think he is the best person available, but he knew how to beat us, and knows our team better then our previous coach, who shall not be named.  :devil:

566681[/snapback]

I'm all for hiring hasslet to coach the bills. It's his second chance, with his favorite team. I have a feeling he'd do things right here. Hire good coordinators (not his friends). With that said, it was not hard to gameplan against the 8th worst team in the NFL this year... Hell, our offense barely beat the texans. Getting new orleans to .500 over a 5 or 6 year period is pretty good. I'd take hasslet in a heartbeat, but i still think marv will be the coach.

I'm all for hiring hasslet to coach the bills.  It's his second chance, with his favorite team.  I have a feeling he'd do things right here.  Hire good coordinators (not his friends).  With that said, it was not hard to gameplan against the 8th worst team in the NFL this year...  Hell, our offense barely beat the texans.  Getting new orleans to .500 over a 5 or 6 year period is pretty good.  I'd take hasslet in a heartbeat, but i still think marv will be the coach.

566713[/snapback]

i don't think marv is gonna coach

i'll also take the hazz, i think he has some really strong positives and will learn from some of the mistakes he made in NO

i don't think marv is gonna coach

i'll also take the hazz, i think he has some really strong positives and will learn from some of the mistakes he made in NO

566782[/snapback]

Ya know I don't know what the deal is with Haz. This team needs someone who can confer mental toughness on this team. They need confidence. Haz doesn't strike me as someone who fits that bill. Never once have I since the NO team recently come from behind or play above their expectations. Not once...

So, short of him being popular with the populace, I don't see reason 1 for him to be here. We could do worse certainly (and we have) but I just don't see it. We have enough nut cases on this team - we don't need one on the sideline.

I think we should get Mike Sherman. My dream is Jeff Fisher. The guy can flat out coach. We need someone steady and focussed and can get the most of the players. Dick LeBeau is intriguing or Al Saunders. I'd even vote for Teddy Cottrell.

But Haz? Yikes....

Charles

566681[/snapback]

You mean stack eight in the box and dare Losman to beat you in the fourth start of his career? A game which Bills may have pulled off, had Campbell not tackled McGee?