Ralph and Marv's plan worked

oregonbbfan

I have to give to gang that couldn't straight credit, their plan worked perfectly.

If Ralph let MM go, he was hooked for $3-4 Million to honor his contract. So, to reduce or eliminate the salary, they had to get MM to quit.

They knew if they kept him he would have trouble getting quality, experienced coaches to take a position with a coach on a short leash. Probably had trouble even getting a phone call back. Had to be very frustrating trying to gave a favorable sales pitch with all the issues this year, i.e. player issues ala Sam and EOM, organization , released coaches, etc. MM had an impossible task and the Management team knew it.

How they got MM's kid scolded I don't know. But with all the frustration from 6 years of no playoffs and many losing seasons, the nasty calls and threats were inevitable. So the last piece came into place for MM to cut bait.

With all these obsticles, MM called it quits and played into Ralphs frugal hands. Don't know what MM's severence is if any but if they hire Haslett it could be a financial windfall. JH is owed, per Lennie P, about $3.6M for 2006. Jim may give Ralph a first year break for the job knowing Benson is subsidizing ( paying the difference ) him in 2006.

The plan cleared the slate, now they have to do something with the opportunity and extra money to turn it around. Go Marv Go Bills!