BIGGEST MISTAKE LAST SEASON: ADAMS OVER WILLIAMS

amid all the mud slinging at mularkey, moulds, the offensive line, mcgahee, losman, the weather, the mayor etc etc .... the one thing thats been all but lost is the biggest factor in bills decline: sam adams non-existant penetration up the middle on defense and how this compares to the monster year pat williams had in minnesota. had this team had its head on right and stayed with the strong, quick and still young williams over the bloated, slow, aging adams, the defense could have remained one of the league's best. make no mistake about it, this was the main problem defense, the precipitous drop in run stopping ability occurred well before spikes got hurt.

hindsight...

at the time, adams looked like the guy to keep over williams, plus edwards was really showing what he was made of last year. Unfortunately for the bills, adams showed his true colors and edwards got hurt and made us all forget that hte guy was good last year. To add insult, williams had a pro bowl year with the vikings.

This team had zero heart at all positions on offense and defense. The end result would have been the same right now had we kept williams and cut adams.

Adams is still a great one-gap penetration DT who wasn't being used properly this season. I suspect that Ralph and Marv agree with my assessment. My reasons:

1. TD lets Sam's partner in crime, Phat Pat, go without proper compensation...TD gets fired.

2. Sam gets in arguments with coaches over strategy and playing time...Krumrie gets fired, Mularkey resigns, Gray is rumored to be good as gone.

Granted, Sam is an immature, unprofessional, spoiled crybaby. But I wonder if Marv thinks he can do for Sam, E-Mo, and Co. what he did with the Bickering Bills.