This is what I am hearing....

SDS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I blame Mularkey for ALL of this.

First off, if the stuff about Gray is accurate, Mularkey's JOB was to put an immediate stop to it, while it was happening.  If that meant firing Gray on the spot, fine; at the very least, he should have removed him from his playcalling role.

Second, this so-called "vacuum" at OBD that sent Mularkey into a paranoid panic is just ridiculous.  A strong leader with real stones would have seen the situation as an incredible opportunity to step up, take charge, and fill the leadership void, because no one was gonna stop him.  Instead, the guy cries and quits.  All of this just proves to me that Mularkey never was the right guy for the job - he seems to be saying now that he was hired to be Donahoe's lackey - that is, he never expected to have to lead the team in any meaningful way.  Again, good riddance.

This also tells me that we really need someone who is organized, prepared, and willing to come into a situation where strong leadership and character are required.  This does NOT tell me that the job is unattractive - it's just unattractive to inexperienced, unprepared clowns who want a dominant GM making most of the decisions and taking most of the blame.  We need a guy who is willing to step in and take charge of everything, to assume that no one is looking over his shoulder and that he has the freedom that accompanies RESPONSIBILITY to make important decisions.

There are such leaders out there - we need Marv to find one.  Haslett is NOT that guy. 

Jeff Fisher is.

Wonder what it would take to get him.

565112[/snapback]

how about the 3rd round pick Tenn gave us for Travis

Can we take another poll for your avator? <_<

565133[/snapback]

monkey will stay for awhile, but thanks for your interest.......i'm sure i'll poll it again should i decide to change it..........where else can you the posters decide on what avatar you'll be looking at........go bills

So, the morning after the Levy announcement - where was everybody?  Wilson in Detroit, Levy in Chicago, Modrak in Georgia(?)....  Nobody around around, no one to answer to, the staff at OBD left swinging in the wind....

Contacts within the organization say the atmosphere is !@#$ed up.  They are on pins and needles and that was BEFORE the MM announcement.

There is talk within the organization that Jerry Gray, knowing that he was going, may have not put forth <cough, cough> his best effort the last couple of games and maybe even made some ridiculous calls on pupose.  Reportedly Sabo and him got into it because some of the coaches understood the absurdity of what Gray was doing.  This may be horseshit, but the fact that people are talking about this at OBD is messed up.

MM wanted to resign last week, but was talked into staying (thus the delay into naming the HC), but after seeing how he was going to have to rebuild his staff and the lack of interest in joining a guy with a death watch - he said screw it.  He had a good working relationship with TD.

Source still claims JG is gone and has been gone - doesn't understand why the lack of a public announcement.  Perhaps some deal was struck, so that he was "retained" until he found other work.

That's it!  It may be 100% right/wrong or a mix of the two, but that is what I heard.

565016[/snapback]

GREAT read, thanks, keep 'em coming! <_<

I have a lot to add...but I'll take a chill pill and come back next week after the smoke's cleared and some sanity's returned to TSW. 

But I got to tell you, I don't appreciate you spreading unconfirmed rumors that could taint a person's career/reputation.  You may think you're just "commenting on a message board," but this stuff about Grey takes on a life of its own once the genie's out of the bottle. 

565113[/snapback]

I guess you don't give the people employed by the various teams in the NFL much credit...or yourself too much. Scott simply said that there's some office gossip about Gray to illustrate the chaos that is currently OBD. If you've ever worked in any office you know that the ones which are poorly run have this type of stuff going on constantly. Nobody with any intelligence leads any credence to these outlandish office rumors but it does illustrate poor management.

Yet you somehow think that you alone possess the brains that can somehow see through it all and the guys doing the hiring in the NFL might actually believe such gossip? Umm, sure, you're really smart for not believing office gossip!

Perhaps you should go look up the definition of the word “libel” before you actually start using it in sentences.

The Rochester D&C had the same story this morning about a major concern of Mularkey being the organizational structure. Is any other NFL franchise run by an owner based in another city? (leave New Orleans out of it for a moment.) Our GM is still in Chicago, and the Asst. GM has*built a house* in Jacksonville!!!! (and Jacksonville ain't exactly an airline hub, ya know.)

Yuck.

JDG

The Rochester D&C had the same story this morning about a major concern of Mularkey being the organizational structure.  Is any other NFL franchise run by an owner based in another city?  (leave New Orleans out of it for a moment.)  Our GM is still in Chicago, and the Asst. GM has*built a house* in Jacksonville!!!! (and Jacksonville ain't exactly an airline hub, ya know.)

Yuck.

JDG

565246[/snapback]

Presumably they'll all see each other eight Sundays a year at the Ralph so it's not like they'll NEVER seen one another!

The Rochester D&C had the same story this morning about a major concern of Mularkey being the organizational structure.  Is any other NFL franchise run by an owner based in another city?  (leave New Orleans out of it for a moment.)  Our GM is still in Chicago, and the Asst. GM has*built a house* in Jacksonville!!!! (and Jacksonville ain't exactly an airline hub, ya know.)

Yuck.

JDG

565246[/snapback]

In todays corporate world how many of us have a job in same city as our boss? I havent had a boss I worked for in same state or timezone as me for last 10 years

Yuck.

JDG

565246[/snapback]

Ever hear of the internet? Video conferenceing? Cell phones? E-mail?

PTR

If any of what SDS says is really true, then it seems as if a shakeup needs to start at the top. Yeah, I know...it's Ralph's team. But it seems there is no more discipline anymore in this organization.

If Clayton and Mortensen are getting these "reports" as they happen, someone is leaking them. That's bad.

If people are internally saying the play-calling of Jerry Gray is intentional to stick it to the Bills, that's also bad.

The organization needs someone to come in and stop the buck and fire those who are developing their own agenda. Get rid of the dead wood and malcontents.

I hate to say this, but we need someone like Jerry Jones (not Jerry himself, but someone *like* him) to come in and restore order to the world. This organization is out of control and may actually end up in LA if someone doesn't put a stop to this sh*t.

Ever hear of the internet? Video conferenceing?  Cell phones?  E-mail?

PTR

565415[/snapback]

None of which replaces face-to-face contact.

Look, if Marv stays in Chicago, the Bills will be the only NFL team run out of four-different cities: Detroit, Chicago, Jacksonville, and Buffalo.

And if Marv returns to Buffalo, the Bills will be the only NFL team run out of three different cities.

Its an absurd situation, and there's a reason why successful organizations don't have similar situations.

JDG

None of which replaces face-to-face contact.

Look, if Marv stays in Chicago, the Bills will be the only NFL team run out of four-different cities: Detroit, Chicago, Jacksonville, and Buffalo.

And if Marv returns to Buffalo, the Bills will be the only NFL team run out of three different cities.

Its an absurd situation, and there's a reason why successful organizations don't have similar situations.

JDG

565471[/snapback]

i absolutely agree. i work in a company with certain people working far away from our office, and it's certainly not the best setup regardless of e-mail etc. isn't marv coming to buffalo, however?