I will not be happy:

OnTheRocks

I have resigned myself to the fact that whoever the Bills hire as a HC, I will not be happy with the decision.

Therefore regardless of who is hired, I will not be disappointed.

With the names I keep hearing swirling around, Jim Haslett, Jerry Gray, Dick Jouron, Russ Grimm, Marv Levy....none of them get my juices flowing with excitement.

Ralph has a history of pinching pennies when it comes to head coaches. And some of the most exciting options are going to cost more than 1M per year.

I have resigned myself to the fact that whoever the Bills hire as a HC, I will not be happy with the decision.

With the names I keep hearing swirling around, Jim Haslett, Jerry Gray, Dick Jouron, Russ Grimm, Marv Levy....none of them get my juices flowing with excitement.

Ralph has a history of pinching pennies when it comes to head coaches.  And some of the most exciting options are going to cost more than 1M per year.

564908[/snapback]

i am not happy, but thank goodness to good planning....I am not disappointed!

:rolleyes:

Taht's my plan for the next decade. I'm going to assume they'll lose 8-10 games a year from here to 2016. That way, if they win more, I'll be pleasantly suprised.

579286[/snapback]

So we can agree to shoot the first a-hole each year until 2017 that posts a prediction thread along the lines of "How many wins do you predict for The Bills this year?" Nothing gets more tiresome than a meaningless exercise in fan excitement like predicting the outcome of a season before the draft and training camp even. But, every year people get whipped into a pointless frenzy with their goofy predictions on how they think The Bills will do, which games they'll win and which ones they'll lose. God almighty, people just never learn. Do they?

By the way 4-12.

Oh, and Joe, could you change to the dimmer 1,000 watt bulbs in your signature line? I think that might be somewhat responsible for the recent rash of blindness here on The Wall. :rolleyes:

So we can agree to shoot the first a-hole each year until 2017 that posts a prediction thread along the lines of "How many wins do you predict for The Bills this year?" Nothing gets more tiresome than a meaningless exercise in fan excitement like predicting the outcome of a season before the draft and training camp even. But, every year people get whipped into a pointless frenzy with their goofy predictions on how they think The Bills will do, which games they'll win and which ones they'll lose. God almighty, people just never learn. Do they?

By the way 4-12.

Oh, and Joe, could you change to the dimmer 1,000 watt bulbs in your signature line? I think that might be somewhat responsible for the recent rash of blindness here on The Wall.  :D

579311[/snapback]

Will do.

And I'm going 3-13.

564908[/snapback]

Someone once observed that it is best to be a pessimist, because by definition, any surprise is a good one.

That observer went on to say that optimists should be drowned in a half-full swimming pool, and pragmatists should be executed in the most cost-efficient way. :D