Bills fans are not facing reality

Statement from Takeo Spikes regarding Mularkey firing: "It's mind boggling," Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes said on ESPN Radio. "I don't really understand what's goin' on but I thought he did some things well and there were a lot of things a lot of the guys didn't agree with. I don't think that he was a bad coach.

"When you come into the city of Buffalo people expect you to win not later, not two or three years from now, people want you to win now. So it's a lot of pressure. … Basically, since the Bills had their Super Bowl run, Bills fans have expected the Bills to get back into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. Well, the Bills are one of two teams beside Houston that have not been in the playoffs in the past 5 years. Besides that, it has now been 12 years since the Super Bowl run and the Bills are 5-11.

- People have to quit listening to Bills talk radio believing this team is talented!!! They finished 26 in offense and 30th in defense last year. Doesn't get much worse than that!

They have no offensive line, no defensive line that can generate a pass rush, cannot stop the run, Losman is unproven, McGahee runs straight ahead into a crowd of linemen, have 35-year olds playing safety, and have no depth. Their draft, thanks to Donohoe, have produced no talented players beside McGee, Schobel, and a few others. But compare that to other teams like the Patriots. The Patriots have a better draft than the Bills every season it seems and still win Super Bowls. They have drafted Wolfork, Ben Watson, Good Offensive Linemen, etc.

The Bills are starting over and i wish Bills fans would get their heads out of the sand and face reality. :(

I respect Takeos opinion but I think it is more of just trying to say something nice about a former coach. He did some things well, but there were alot of things the guys didn't agree with (not exactly a huge vote of confidence). He also said he didn't think he was a bad coach (which he wasn't bad), he just wasn't great.

Its true, the fans in Buffalo want to see success, but doesn't every teams fans want the same? I don't know of any teams fans that are willing to sit there and say "I'm happy paying money for tickets to see a team now that will be competitive 5 years from now"

McGee and Schobel are the only talented guys Donahoe had drafted?

What about Evans? Did he not draft Clements? (sorry if people ccan't remember past 1 bad year) McGahee ran for 1000 yards in his first 2 years behind a bad o-line.

I'm facing reality, We have a good core of players and will not take as many years to get better as the bengals, cardinals, lions or 49ers because of this core of players. There are a few spots we need to improve on tat can be done in the off season. Coaching was one of them. Now hopefully we can find a head coach who can lead this team and we can be a good team again.

I don't think that he was a bad coach.

564898[/snapback]

I don't want a guy who's "not a bad coach I guess." I want someone that is a winner. I'm sorry, but in two seasons Mularkey didn't show me that he was definately a winner. He might down the road in a different set of circumstances and I wish him luck with that, but I think it was time for him to go.

I'm facing reality, We have a good core of players and will not take as many years to get better as the bengals, cardinals, lions or 49ers because of this core of players. There are a few spots we need to improve on tat can be done in the off season. Coaching was one of them. Now hopefully we can find a head coach who can lead this team and we can be a good team again.

564997[/snapback]

If only they will let the QB play the games and take his learning lumps.....That

is one of the reasons I wanted MM out of here...He messed up that spot with

his lousy handling of the QB situation.

Amazing the perceptions that change over a year's time. I remember the atmosphere surrounding this team before we played Pittsburgh in the finale last season. No one wanted to play Buffalo was the phrase we all heard. It fell apart like a house of cards after that loss.

While Moorman was our only Pro Bowler this season, I don't think the team does not have talent. London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes (assuming better health) are premier LB's in the league. McGee and yes the beleagured Clements are Pro Bowl level most seasons. Aaron Schobel is pretty damn good for being the only pass rusher on the line. On offense, I imagine Moulds, Evans and McGahee are in the top 10-20 % of guys who play their position. Many good special teamers. The Oline is terrible but I bet a lot of teams would take Jason Peters. There is a core of good players here.

A coach like Haslett may look at our roster and think, rebuild the lines like the Giants did last offseason and get a better run stopping safety and I can win here. We have 5 quality spots to pick in the draft and room under the cap. Only x factor in my opinion is the QB. We can shore up the weak spots in the other positions, QB is my concern.

Those are exactly my points. I don't want a coach that is "not bad", I want someone who is Great.

I would not have wanted MM out of Buffalo had he played JP all year and the bills finished with only 1 win cause atleast we would have given him experience and we would know what kind of situation we were in for a QB. But by constantly switching in Holcomb (benching losman for a game early in the year wasn't that bad cause it may have actually helped him get better) it showed the team had no direction and was hoping JP would become the next Ben Rothlesburger. He also showed he was spineless in his decissions by giving in to the demands of his veteran players.

It is time for him to go. Maybe he will have sucess coaching his sons pee-wee football team, until the older kids pressure him and he caves into their demands.

Thank God Mularkey played Holcomb so he coudl save his job.  <_<

565037[/snapback]

Since when does result define motivation for things?

Just becuase it DIDNT save his job, that doesnt mean Mularkey didnt use Holcomb to TRY to save his job.

I think what he is trying to say is that Mularkey removed JP and possible prolonged his development in oreder to put Holcomb in to get a few more wins and possbly save his job that it looked obvious he was going to lose at the end of the year if he didn't win a few more games.

Now that he is gone, we are stuck with a QB we are not sure of, and a new head coach after the previous one decides he no longer wants to be here after trying to save his job.

Since when does result define motivation for things?

Just becuase it DIDNT save his job, that doesnt mean Mularkey didnt use Holcomb to TRY to save his job.

565077[/snapback]

You might try arguing the matter with somebody who disagrees with you.